Friend taking drugs

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Ever smoked pot? (Total votes: 36)

Poll ended at Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:56 pm

Yes.
33%
No.
53%
Let me just ask the pink elephant...
14%

Friend taking drugs

Postby Tobo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:56 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out.

The closest thing I have to a best friend (not counting any family etc) recently started smoking pot. He tried his first joint on Friday (I wasn't there) and he I think he was still a bit stoned on Monday morning.

Anyway, it was his first, and he's adament that marajuana is harmless. He doesn't believe that it causes tongue cancer, or has any other detrimental effects. He got a bit impatient with me today when I tried to talk to him about it, and he even went sso far as to tell me that it's his life. He wasn't aggressive, but now that I mention it he did seem a bit moodier lately. He also defended himself by saying that teen years are a time to experiment. Yeah, right.

Any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TEEPO™ » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Yeah, leave him the fuck alone. It's up to him what he does with his body. It's not up to you to talk him out of it. Actually, you shouldn't even consider it something to talk him out of. I have loads of friends that take drugs and it doesn't bother me. I don't take them myself anymore, but still. Don't consider drug-taking a bad thing.
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Shotaro Kaneda » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Leave him to do his own thing and stop acting like a parent. It's his life and if he wants to do it let him, maybe one day he will stop but it's his choice not yours!
Shotaro Kaneda
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby b_ren » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Well really no advice can be given but I can say you're not the only one out there who this happens. Basically sometimes you just have to accept it, I know lots of people at my school where they smoke anything and I still get on with them fine even though I would never take any drug at all. It’s probably your constant questioning that’s annoying your friend really. All I can say is if you just forget what your mate is doing and carry on as normal, it can be done.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Tobo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Shotaro wrote:Leave him to do his own thing and stop acting like a parent. It's his life and if he wants to do it let him, maybe one day he will stop but it's his choice not yours!

I know, but I'm worried about him, ya know? Thanks for the advice though. ;)

I appreciate your advice a lot too, B Ren. I haven't really been constantly at him, in fact today was the first time I asked him about it. I guess I can carry on my life, it's not my lungs the guy's using, but still, it's kinda worrying. If he tries getting me involved in that scene, there's no way I'd do it, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one, so thanks man. ;) I suppose we'll see where this goes. It was kind of unexpected, ya know.
Last edited by Tobo on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmue Master » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:09 pm

all you can do is give him support
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kingdom Hearts Master » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:14 pm

Well a really good friend of mine started and after realizing I couldn't help him I left him alone but I think I could have helped more so just support him and help him through this
Kingdom Hearts Master
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Friend taking drugs

Postby changed my mind » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:20 pm

Tobo wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out.

The closest thing I have to a best friend (not counting any family etc) recently started smoking pot. He tried his first joint on Friday (I wasn't there) and he I think he was still a bit stoned on Monday morning.

Anyway, it was his first, and he's adament that marajuana is harmless. He doesn't believe that it causes tongue cancer, or has any other detrimental effects. He got a bit impatient with me today when I tried to talk to him about it, and he even went sso far as to tell me that it's his life. He wasn't aggressive, but now that I mention it he did seem a bit moodier lately. He also defended himself by saying that teen years are a time to experiment. Yeah, right.

Any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

It's his life, and marijuana isn't that bad. Leave him to it. Save the talking for if he takes up harder stuff.
changed my mind
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby landi vs ren » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Call 999 or 911 it will help him in the long run.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ECW » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:29 pm

beat some sense into him
ECW
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby TenTailedCat » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:43 pm

If you were my 'friend' I'd punch you right in the fucking face. Leave him the fuck alone.
TenTailedCat
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kingdom Hearts Master » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Magical Duck Adventure wrote:If you were my 'friend' I'd punch you right in the fucking face. Leave him the fuck alone.

Shut the fuck up only reply if you have advice
Kingdom Hearts Master
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TenTailedCat » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:46 pm

Shenmue Pro wrote:
Magical Duck Adventure wrote:If you were my 'friend' I'd punch you right in the fucking face. Leave him the fuck alone.

Shut the fuck up only reply if you have advice

I do have advice you twat - it's nobodies business what the fuck he does you stupid little piece of shit.
Now fuck off you stupid little cock.
TenTailedCat
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue Master » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:51 pm

i like my quote in your sig. you went a couple points up in my book
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TenTailedCat » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:55 pm

:rotflmao: :lmfao:

The two Shenmue dicks trying to double team me again.

Whatever will I do?
TenTailedCat
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Off Topic