Teh Military

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby cornchipz » Sun May 07, 2006 2:34 pm

I joined the National Guard, mostly for college money. However, I have an easy job, which pretty much guarentees I won't get my fucking head blown off. It's a nice thing about being smart when you want to be.

TEEPO wrote:Try not to get your head decapitated or your legs blown off, lol

I'll try to avoid the "Nick Berg".

Sinokku wrote:Good luck. Do your best to prove to the rest of the world just how superior the American War Machine is. Smile

It doesn't matter how superior the American War Machine is, all that matters is that we think that we can kick everyones ass, and it is our cocky attitude and overconfidence that will provail!

As for everyone else, thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel less nervous. I'm basically scared shitless, seeing as I'm not quite 17, and I'm signing my life away. But to look at the bright side, at least I get a free funeral!
cornchipz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Cornchipz
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sun May 07, 2006 2:57 pm

Seriously good luck with it. Do you intend to go to Iraq or Afghanistan? Remember if you find Bin Laden we share the money right :D
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby cornchipz » Sun May 07, 2006 3:00 pm

I figure I'll end up going to Iraq eventually. But, seeing as I won't be done with training til about 2008(I have basic training this summer, go to school next fall, then finish my training next summer), it doesn't look like any shit will happen anytime soon.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I was wondering for the Brits on the board, what are your views of the American military currently, and their "War Machine"?
cornchipz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Martin » Sun May 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Don't die.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby djeyewater » Sun May 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Last edited by djeyewater on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djeyewater
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bane » Sun May 07, 2006 3:23 pm

I think they just go in with guns blazing without thinking things through properly. Shouldn't they be outta Iraq by now?
Bane
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sun May 07, 2006 3:31 pm

I think the Americans need to get more control over Iraq. When i watch the news all the time i see suicide bombings and people throwing stones at the troops. But i fully respect them for going out there and doing their jobs, especially as they don't see their families for a long time.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Sonikku » Sun May 07, 2006 4:23 pm

cornchipz wrote:But to look at the bright side, at least I get a free funeral!

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun May 07, 2006 4:25 pm

cornchipz wrote:Oh yeah, that reminds me, I was wondering for the Brits on the board, what are your views of the American military currently, and their "War Machine"?

Overall I'm sure they're not really any different to any other "allied" soldiers, it's just the media siezing every bit of "bad" stuff, some of which isn't even THAT bad anyway, and making a mountain out of it...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Sun May 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Yeah I'd say the majority of Brits think that American and British Military work pretty close anyway, but jokingly we will usually bring up the point of friendly fire ;)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Martin » Sun May 07, 2006 5:17 pm

cornchipz wrote:Oh yeah, that reminds me, I was wondering for the Brits on the board, what are your views of the American military currently, and their "War Machine"?

I don't let it bother me, really. I mean, America is pretty much the whole world these days, anyway. I hear a Burger King has just opened at the summit of Everest. There's no need for wars, let's just get along. Middle east, if America can give you it's fast food, and capitolism, why can't you give them your oil? Why do we need to fight like children over such silly things?

If I was the Middle East, I'd be saying "Oh, okaaaaaaaaaay. You can have a go on our oil, if we can have a go on your education.", or something.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun May 07, 2006 5:18 pm

Fuck the towelheads. They deserve it.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Sun May 07, 2006 5:31 pm

*tut* Now now. I got a warning for a lesser racist remark against niggers. You don't want to get a warning, do you..?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby cornchipz » Sun May 07, 2006 5:32 pm

You know, the funny thing is most of the Brits on the board seem to like the "American War Machine" more then most Americans like our War Machine.

But then again, all Americans do for the most part is sit around eating way too fucking much and bad mouthing George Bush.
cornchipz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun May 07, 2006 5:38 pm

Oni-Ninja wrote:*tut* Now now. I got a warning for a lesser racist remark against niggers. You don't want to get a warning, do you..?

It's rational though, I ain't gonna be praising Jews either anytime soon...
Come to think of it, white people kinda suck these days as well...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic