White psp vs Black psp Racist !!!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:34 pm

Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.


She's grabbing her by the face.


Stupid Sony.
Image

http://www.30onthe3rd.com
User avatar
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: April 2005
Location: England, UK
PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:50 pm

I just want to know whats in her pocket.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2006

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:08 pm

S00da N?M wrote:
Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.


A respectable post before the bold print. I hardly think this is EXACTLY what's wrong with society....I thought the murders, car theft, and you know crime in general is/what's wrong with society....but hey, you let me know something. But so as not to turn this into a flaming session; I do see where you're coming from I think, simply look at the ad in reverse and if it doesn't 'feel racist' it probably isn't.


Wha..? I could've been a thousand times more savaging. I was actually quite forgiving, that's how much this kind of shit irritates me to my very core.

S00da N?M wrote:EDIT: I do beleive this ad is a bit racist, they could have depicted both woman equally as alternatives to one another (for example two white women with different color clothing), they instead hinted towards the white woman's superiority over the black woman, by leaning toward a subservient attitude of the black woman, while someone might argue that only a racist individual would view things in that light since an anti-racist persons argument is that we all are created equal (which is true) and we should be completely blind to color, that can't be the case this time because SONY obviously made sure to find a very deeply complected woman for this add, while making sure to powder up her malanin challenged counter-part; forcing you pay even more attention to the emphasis of the color contrast.


For fuck sake.. The whole point of the add is the colour contrast! You're seriously actually looking too much into it. You're trying to see racism. It's just an ad, dude. You know it's sad when you cannot imply anything about blacks, other than complete awsomeness. Why can't the black woman (symbolizing the old boring black PSP) seem subordinate to the white woman (symbolizing the fresh new white PSP).

I guarantee that you would not be saying a fucking thing if it was the other way around. Fucking politically correct cunts.

S00da N?M wrote:
SheN_MaD wrote:To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol.


This can be said but at the same time, just because someone driven by money doesn't know or has completely disregarded the social ramifications of such an advert doesn't quite make this right. I don't mean to jump on any of you but this irritates me down to my very dark skin.


No, she probably just accepted the fact that it's just an ad, and accepted what it symbolized, accepted the fact that it's perfectly A-OK, and not racist. Stop trying to redifine racism. Racism = Discrimination based upon a persons race. You don't own the colour black, or the use of it in any particular way. This PSP ad is fine.
Last edited by Martin on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2004
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Yeah I'm not one for PCness but I definitely saw something for a black to be pissed off at here. Probably just another "OMFG!!" stunt by Sony...
User avatar
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: UK

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:14 pm

Martin wrote:
S00da N?M wrote:
Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.


A respectable post before the bold print. I hardly think this is EXACTLY what's wrong with society....I thought the murders, car theft, and you know crime in general is/what's wrong with society....but hey, you let me know something. But so as not to turn this into a flaming session; I do see where you're coming from I think, simply look at the ad in reverse and if it doesn't 'feel racist' it probably isn't.


Wha..? I could've been a thousand times more savaging. I was actually quite forgiving, that's how much this kind of shit irritates me to my very core.

S00da N?M wrote:EDIT: I do beleive this ad is a bit racist, they could have depicted both woman equally as alternatives to one another (for example two white women with different color clothing), they instead hinted towards the white woman's superiority over the black woman, by leaning toward a subservient attitude of the black woman, while someone might argue that only a racist individual would view things in that light since an anti-racist persons argument is that we all are created equal (which is true) and we should be completely blind to color, that can't be the case this time because SONY obviously made sure to find a very deeply complected woman for this add, while making sure to powder up her malanin challenged counter-part; forcing you pay even more attention to the emphasis of the color contrast.


For fuck sake.. The whole point of the add is the colour contrast! You're seriously actually looking too much into it. You're trying to see racism. It's just an ad, dude. You know it's sad when you cannot imply anything about blacks, other complete awsomeness. Why can't the black woman (symbolizing the old boring black PSP) seem subordinate to the white woman (symbolizing the fresh new white PSP).

I guarantee that you would not be saying a fucking thing if it was the other way around. Fucking politically correct cunts.

S00da N?M wrote:
SheN_MaD wrote:To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol.


This can be said but at the same time, just because someone driven by money doesn't know or has completely disregarded the social ramifications of such an advert doesn't quite make this right. I don't mean to jump on any of you but this irritates me down to my very dark skin.


No, she probably just accepted the fact that it's just an ad, and accepted what it symbolized, accepted the fact that it's perfectly A-OK, and not racist. Stop trying to redifine racism. Racism = Discrimination based upon a persons race. You don't own the colour black, or the use of it in any particular way. This PSP ad is fine.


I agree. It's like people try their hardest to find the, if any, racism in a picture, or anything like that. This ad is just saying that the white PSP is newer and is pushing the black PSP out of the scene and making way for the new one. It is still kind of a scary ad. The white woman looks kind of violent and evil, look at her hand that's not touching the other woman. Also, whats in her pocket?

Boogers
Last edited by Captain Lars Kegstealer on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2006

Postby white lotus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Yeah....the black woman looks like a slave woman......or a Mammy
Shenmue Forever!
User avatar
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: June 2003
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby TEEPO™ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 pm

I bet she got a bowl of rice for doing the ad.
User avatar
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: England and Sweden
Currently playing: with my sister

Postby omniscient » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Martin i agree with you when you say the whole point is to show colour contrast etc. I think it quite a good advert but as even you said its our society there are going to be a few who are going to be upset by it, just like violent video games, but as this is a case with race/skin colour people are gona find it kinda touchy though i think there acting a bit stupid
October 24th 2006............You'll See
User avatar
omniscient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: July 2005
Location: Gone

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:36 pm

Spaz wrote:Yeah I'm not one for PCness but I definitely saw something for a black to be pissed off at here. Probably just another "OMFG!!" stunt by Sony...


Like the ads at London tube stations. "Take a running jump here."
User avatar
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: London, England
XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:58 pm

TEEPO™ wrote:I bet she got a bowl of rice for doing the ad.
I hope she got a sandwich with that too :o
User avatar
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: July 2003

Postby omniscient » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:59 pm

Lol perfect example they wanted to pull it because they thought it encouraged people to jump to there death.
October 24th 2006............You'll See
User avatar
omniscient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: July 2005
Location: Gone

Postby white lotus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Sony has a lot of conterversal advertisments.

...but I guess it only happens when your desperate....
Shenmue Forever!
User avatar
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: June 2003
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Clever Sleazoid wrote:Sony has a lot of conterversal advertisments.

...but I guess it only happens when your desperate....


*Cheap Shot at PSP*
User avatar
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: London, England
XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby S00da N?M » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:00 pm

Martin wrote:
S00da N?M wrote:
Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.


A respectable post before the bold print. I hardly think this is EXACTLY what's wrong with society....I thought the murders, car theft, and you know crime in general is/what's wrong with society....but hey, you let me know something. But so as not to turn this into a flaming session; I do see where you're coming from I think, simply look at the ad in reverse and if it doesn't 'feel racist' it probably isn't.


Wha..? I could've been a thousand times more savaging. I was actually quite forgiving, that's how much this kind of shit irritates me to my very core.

S00da N?M wrote:EDIT: I do beleive this ad is a bit racist, they could have depicted both woman equally as alternatives to one another (for example two white women with different color clothing), they instead hinted towards the white woman's superiority over the black woman, by leaning toward a subservient attitude of the black woman, while someone might argue that only a racist individual would view things in that light since an anti-racist persons argument is that we all are created equal (which is true) and we should be completely blind to color, that can't be the case this time because SONY obviously made sure to find a very deeply complected woman for this add, while making sure to powder up her malanin challenged counter-part; forcing you pay even more attention to the emphasis of the color contrast.


For fuck sake.. The whole point of the add is the colour contrast! You're seriously actually looking too much into it. You're trying to see racism. It's just an ad, dude. You know it's sad when you cannot imply anything about blacks, other than complete awsomeness. Why can't the black woman (symbolizing the old boring black PSP) seem subordinate to the white woman (symbolizing the fresh new white PSP).

I guarantee that you would not be saying a fucking thing if it was the other way around. Fucking politically correct cunts.

S00da N?M wrote:
SheN_MaD wrote:To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol.


This can be said but at the same time, just because someone driven by money doesn't know or has completely disregarded the social ramifications of such an advert doesn't quite make this right. I don't mean to jump on any of you but this irritates me down to my very dark skin.


No, she probably just accepted the fact that it's just an ad, and accepted what it symbolized, accepted the fact that it's perfectly A-OK, and not racist. Stop trying to redifine racism. Racism = Discrimination based upon a persons race. You don't own the colour black, or the use of it in any particular way. This PSP ad is fine.


I've waited all day for you and you've finally shown up, and you are partially right Martin, I wouldn't be saying to much if the add we're written in reverse, but that's only because of "how it is", when I say this I mean the slavery and things like that, I won't go into a long rant about the history of blacks and racism because no one wants to hear it and I don't feel like it but with the history of blacks and racism taken into account I really do feel things are a bit different. I can't and won't hide every white person responsible for what has happened to my ancestor's and what still happens to some today but I wouldn't be half as offended if slavery was started by, say for example Japan or not at all. I just feel as though the history plays into this.

I also so understand the point of the ad was the color contrast but....well I'll give you this part of the argument. And I never implied that I owned the color black, I just like to fight this useless one man crusade against racism. Being a minority and standing up for your ethnic group (or non-ethnic) gives you a proud feeling.

And lastly....well nothing.
Image

I'm a gangster because I'm:
G.etting
A.ll
N.ecessary
G.oals
S.ettled
T.o
E.merge
R.eborn

"You might see me...., in a Expedition, with a sign on da back that say " 'let's go fishin.' "
User avatar
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: GOD's Plan

Postby S00da N?M » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:01 pm

Martin wrote:
S00da N?M wrote:
Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.


A respectable post before the bold print. I hardly think this is EXACTLY what's wrong with society....I thought the murders, car theft, and you know crime in general is/what's wrong with society....but hey, you let me know something. But so as not to turn this into a flaming session; I do see where you're coming from I think, simply look at the ad in reverse and if it doesn't 'feel racist' it probably isn't.


Wha..? I could've been a thousand times more savaging. I was actually quite forgiving, that's how much this kind of shit irritates me to my very core.

S00da N?M wrote:EDIT: I do beleive this ad is a bit racist, they could have depicted both woman equally as alternatives to one another (for example two white women with different color clothing), they instead hinted towards the white woman's superiority over the black woman, by leaning toward a subservient attitude of the black woman, while someone might argue that only a racist individual would view things in that light since an anti-racist persons argument is that we all are created equal (which is true) and we should be completely blind to color, that can't be the case this time because SONY obviously made sure to find a very deeply complected woman for this add, while making sure to powder up her malanin challenged counter-part; forcing you pay even more attention to the emphasis of the color contrast.


For fuck sake.. The whole point of the add is the colour contrast! You're seriously actually looking too much into it. You're trying to see racism. It's just an ad, dude. You know it's sad when you cannot imply anything about blacks, other than complete awsomeness. Why can't the black woman (symbolizing the old boring black PSP) seem subordinate to the white woman (symbolizing the fresh new white PSP).

I guarantee that you would not be saying a fucking thing if it was the other way around. Fucking politically correct cunts.

S00da N?M wrote:
SheN_MaD wrote:To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol.


This can be said but at the same time, just because someone driven by money doesn't know or has completely disregarded the social ramifications of such an advert doesn't quite make this right. I don't mean to jump on any of you but this irritates me down to my very dark skin.


No, she probably just accepted the fact that it's just an ad, and accepted what it symbolized, accepted the fact that it's perfectly A-OK, and not racist. Stop trying to redifine racism. Racism = Discrimination based upon a persons race. You don't own the colour black, or the use of it in any particular way. This PSP ad is fine.


I've waited all day for you and you've finally shown up, and you are partially right Martin, I wouldn't be saying to much if the add we're written in reverse, but that's only because of "how it is", when I say this I mean the slavery and things like that, I won't go into a long rant about the history of blacks and racism because no one wants to hear it and I don't feel like it but with the history of blacks and racism taken into account I really do feel things are a bit different. I can't and won't hide every white person responsible for what has happened to my ancestor's and what still happens to some today but I wouldn't be half as offended if slavery was started by, say for example (the) Japan (ese) or not at all. I just feel as though the history plays into this.

I also so understand the point of the ad was the color contrast but....well I'll give you this part of the argument. And I never implied that I owned the color black, I just like to fight this useless one man crusade against racism. Being a minority and standing up for your ethnic group (or non-ethnic) gives you a proud feeling.

And lastly....well nothing.
Image

I'm a gangster because I'm:
G.etting
A.ll
N.ecessary
G.oals
S.ettled
T.o
E.merge
R.eborn

"You might see me...., in a Expedition, with a sign on da back that say " 'let's go fishin.' "
User avatar
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: GOD's Plan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net