God won't save anyone.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Will God save anyone? (Total votes: 36)

Yes
36%
No
64%

Postby KiBa » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:31 pm

ac2u apparently said it better than I did. Anyway, I don't want to use this place to fight with those who should be friends.
I have a strong feeling this wasn't the right thing to do and I'm sorry.
Last edited by KiBa on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:47 am

It's not your fault.

The fault lies on the people who get on their high horses and, instead of getting into a nice intellegent debate, stomp all over people even if what they said was not threatning or insulting at all.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 am

^ Indeed.

I do agree with ac2u however, religion is like Politics, it will not cahnge the mind of another person. I am a martyr, therefore, you are never going to change my mind. What is the point in debating something such as this all over again anyway. Any topics about religion end up having the same conclusion "there is no God, it is created by man". May I ask also, is there a such thing as science? Is that not created by man also? Since there is only theories and few facts to do with science, does that mean it does not exist?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:07 am

Henry Spencer wrote:^ Indeed.

I do agree with ac2u however, religion is like Politics, it will not cahnge the mind of another person.

Yeah and don't you hate it when you get Jehova's witnesses come knocking on your door, if i wanna become religious i don't need them to help me, i'd do it myself.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Martin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:49 am

Silent Wings wrote:ac2u apparently said it better than I did. Anyway, I don't want to use this place to fight with those who should be friends.
I have a strong feeling this wasn't the right thing to do and I'm sorry.

Hey that's okay, dude. Like I said, I know why you got pissed. Doesn't make it right, but I guess I'd have been the same if people where always busting my chops about the same stuff. No harm done, and apology definitely accepted. I actually respect that you apologised, many wouldn't have bothered. High-five! o/\o
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:12 am

ac2u's argument actually has a flaw, you don't have to believe in God to post here because that's not the only deity. If people want to think of a rock as their deity, then whatever. Also, there's those that pray to the lesser deities rather than God itself.

What if I pray to Satan? If I think that Satan will save me, will he? If I pray to my little shining rock of awesomeness daily, and I believe it will save me, it probably will. That's just the way things work. That's why arguments over religion are flawed, you can believe in whatever you want, as long as it works for you. After all, it's just that, a believe. It's not set in stone, so it's bound to change. Then again, it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to follow something created by man, changed by man, in order to manipulate man.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ac2u » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:07 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:ac2u's argument actually has a flaw, you don't have to believe in God to post here because that's not the only deity. If people want to think of a rock as their deity, then whatever. Also, there's those that pray to the lesser deities rather than God itself.

What if I pray to Satan? If I think that Satan will save me, will he? If I pray to my little shining rock of awesomeness daily, and I believe it will save me, it probably will. That's just the way things work. That's why arguments over religion are flawed, you can believe in whatever you want, as long as it works for you. After all, it's just that, a believe. It's not set in stone, so it's bound to change. Then again, it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to follow something created by man, changed by man, in order to manipulate man.

In order to begin even contemplating "will God save us", a prerequisite is believing in God. How can you even get into the debate if your argument is flawed by the fundamental "I don't believe in any God", the debate is over before it even begins. "Does God exist" is a valid debate. However, a topic on "will God save us?" is rather limited.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby IveBeenCensored » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:May I ask also, is there a such thing as science? Is that not created by man also? Since there is only theories and few facts to do with science, does that mean it does not exist?

Except theories in science require proof. Religious theories are just believed.

Okay creationism and evolution are both theories, but evolution has tons of proof behind it, while creationism has the bible, thats it. Oh well some religious expert claimed that the grand canyon is proof of creationism cus it could have been created by the flood ;)

Oh and the earth revolves around the sun is also just a theory, I guess that means that religions idea that eveyrthing revolves around us should also be taught in school?

Sorry to get off topic, you can believe what you want, but don't start comparing science and religion. Scientific theories and laws require hard proof to be considered by the masses, while religion is just blind faith. Wasn't scientology created by a science fiction writer trying to prove that "if he wanted to he could create a religion and get people following it"?

And you know what the thing is, I'm not a total aetheist, I believe their could be a God. But I certainly wouldn't try to prove it because little if any proof exists, beliving in God must be purely faith based. Science is not like this at all.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:16 pm

God won't save the gays.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby IveBeenCensored » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:51 pm

Spaz wrote:God won't save the gays.

uh oh ......................... err I mean why not?
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tobo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:26 pm

I'm a firm believer in divine intervention, and I do believe that God looks out for us, and Angels are also keeping a watchful eye on us. You don't have to expect a huge miricle, because they also take care of the little things as well! ;)

Just a thought, but maybe some people are more attuned to the presence of God/Angels etc than others are, and even though they don't make themselves prominent when helping us, some people (myself included) sense that they're there, and that they helped us.
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TEEPO™ » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:03 am

PROOF THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST:

http://www.mudfall.com/horsie/mrhands.mpg
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:34 am

100% undebateable proof. There is no doubt that God doesn't exist now.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:45 am

He's right. This debate is pretty much over, done and finished now.
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:13 am

After seeing that i agree, there's nothing wort debating over.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic