The Dark Knight Rises

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman 3

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 pm

B:TAS is still untouched in terms of greatness. IMO still the best representation of Batman on film or TV period. And nothing and I mean nothing can top Shirley Walkers version of the Danny Elfman theme.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 am

The only thing I didn't really like about B:TAS is the sheer number of throwaway episodes and the fact it had to be targeted mainly at kids. I don't think they did Nightwing too well, and merging Tim Drake and Jason Todd was just straight up daft, imo. Whilst I wouldn't say that it's the BEST in terms of quality due to massive inconsistency (I'm not talkin about any contradictions, I mean the writing itself), it definitely presented the best alternative universe to the DCU of the comics.

I think that outside of the comics, the Arkham series is the best non-comic adaptation of Batman, as it's essentially Paul Dini given free reign over creating whatever kind of Batman he wants. I mean, what he did with the ending of Arkham City took bollocks. Regardless of whatever an actor's said, it takes bollocks to do that shit. Besides that, it's a nice amalgamation of all versions of Batman lore, and is a hell of a lot more mature than the DCAU. And whilst I wasn't a fan of the chatty, sociable Bats in Asylum, Kevin Conroy really brought his A game for City. It just felt like Batman. Especially Harley Quinn's revenge. As much as I am a fan of his DCAU version of Batman (particularly in JLU, he was just full of pure win in that), he was still missing something.

Arkham City hands down has the best performance of Batman ever in anything. My only wish is that Grant Morrison writes at least one game in the series, but it'll never happen.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bambi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Bambi wrote:

Bluecast wrote:Image
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:31 pm

For the argument of which live action Batman movies are best, here is how I view them. They all represent different eras of Batman so no live action Batman is the correct/best one. What I mean is this...

Adam West Era
This represents the 50s/60s Batman where it wasn't supposed to be real. There was supposed to be some comedy and suspension of disbelief. It was lighthearted and for the family.

The Keaton/90s Batman Films
These represented the 70s/80s Batman era where things took a turn for the more serious, but there was still some very comic like elements that came through. For example, the blaring yellow logo on Keaton's chest. It looked a little goofy, but thats the era of Batman it represented.

Nolan/Bales Batman
These movies represent the 90s- modern day Batman comics. This is where the storytelling really got dark and gritty and really explored the characters relations to each other. In addition, a lot of death and destruction was added. It made for a more believable and real comic.

So to say one movie more accurately represents Batman the other really isn't fair because they are all representing different times in Batman history.

Also, did anyone notice in The Dark Knight Rises where they briefly mentioned something about an alligator in the sewer? Were they alluding to Killer Croc? I think so.

By far, I still agree that The Animated Series is the best, but I also have a thing for film noir type settings. Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, and Return of The Joker are gold.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 pm

^It was just a joke reference to Killer Croc, yeah.

Bluecast wrote:
Bambi wrote:

Bluecast wrote:Image

Dear lord, what I'd give for a Batman Beyond game from Rocksteady. Cyberpunk Batman? Yes fucking please.

And yeah, I couldn't help but feel that Joseph Gordon Levitt's Batman would most resemble Terry McGinnis's Batman. I want to see a JGL Batman film, but unfortunately, they'll reboot it. What a tease.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:00 pm

It might've been but I thought it was a reference to the old myth about people in NYC flushing their pet alligators down the sewer and they grow into monstrous sizes over time. Maybe even tie the two together?

What's probably bordering on fan fiction, I actually re-tooled my Batgirl idea to include Terry and the John Blake character and have it set in the Nolan Batman universe rather than the more Tim Burton one I was going for. Those images, especially the top one, really helped out.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 pm

I dont know if a reboot would even happen. If another story comes up, and WB feel that it can be done whilst making mega bucks at the same time, then it will be done one way or another.

I would cast my line out right now, and say with Bruce gone, Blake dawns the Batsuit and temporarily becomes Batman. He does ok with Lucius, and limited funds, but somethings quite not right. When a powerful foe arrives in Gotham to once again terrorise its people, Blake fails to defend Gotham, forcing Bruce to return, rebecoming Batman, thus making Blake Nightwing by default, and both him and Batman retake Gotham.

Thats how i see it happening. Corny, yes. Potential to suck, maximum. But in the right hands, can be no worse than whats gone before as long as the writing remains at a high level, and the casting is as good.

That or its just a total Nightwing movie, set in Nolans Gotham, with its inhabitants that we know, all still there.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sailors? » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Really want Mitts to watch it so we can see what he has to say. Mitts, wanna go to the cinema mate?
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 pm

myshtuff wrote:For the argument of which live action Batman movies are best, here is how I view them. They all represent different eras of Batman so no live action Batman is the correct/best one. What I mean is this...

Adam West Era
This represents the 50s/60s Batman where it wasn't supposed to be real. There was supposed to be some comedy and suspension of disbelief. It was lighthearted and for the family.

These represented the 70s/80s Batman era where things took a turn for the more serious, but there was still some very comic like elements that came through. For example, the blaring yellow logo on Keaton's chest. It looked a little goofy, but thats the era of Batman it represented.

Nolan/Bales Batman
These movies represent the 90s- modern day Batman comics. This is where the storytelling really got dark and gritty and really explored the characters relations to each other. In addition, a lot of death and destruction was added. It made for a more believable and real comic.

So to say one movie more accurately represents Batman the other really isn't fair because they are all representing different times in Batman history.

Also, did anyone notice in The Dark Knight Rises where they briefly mentioned something about an alligator in the sewer? Were they alluding to Killer Croc? I think so.

By far, I still agree that The Animated Series is the best, but I also have a thing for film noir type settings. Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, and Return of The Joker are gold.

Your avatar seems he is having a tiny bit of trouble taking a poo and have explosive bloody red diarrhea
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Sailors? wrote:Really want Mitts to watch it so we can see what he has to say. Mitts, wanna go to the cinema mate?

In a way, I don't even want to watch it. It's like the end of Grant Morrison's run on Batman, I haven't even started reading Batman, Inc. Vol.2 yet. On some level I'd like to leave it til I'm about 50 or 65 or summat, like that Simpsons episode with the Itchy & Scratchy film.

I'll probably end up goin to see it in September at the Imax with the missus.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm

myshtuff wrote:For the argument of which live action Batman movies are best, here is how I view them. They all represent different eras of Batman so no live action Batman is the correct/best one. What I mean is this...

Adam West Era

Nolan/Bales Batman

So what did the Schumacher/Kilmer/Clooney Batmans represent?
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm

You know, as much of a huge Batman fan as I am, I still haven't seen those. Not because I don't want to, but I just haven't gotten around to it. From the few clips I have seen though, I would probably group them with the Keaton/90s Batman films. Not in terms of quality, but theme and general feel/presentation.

Bluecast wrote:Your avatar seems he is having a tiny bit of trouble taking a poo and have explosive bloody red diarrhea

Exactly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I[/youtube]

Henry Spencer wrote:Dear lord, what I'd give for a Batman Beyond game from Rocksteady. Cyberpunk Batman? Yes fucking please.

Well you could always use the Batman Beyond skin in Arkham City. :D
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 am

I always thought that Batman Beyond was pretty wank, and every time it came on Cartoon Network, I was proven right.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 am

Return of the Joker is a great movie though.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic