The Dark Knight Rises

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm

I cant ever have seen a cameo like that happening.

They knew they had something big with Heaths Joker before he died as many of the cast/crew had started talking about it before it happened so i would not be surprised if the plan was to have him in a main role in 3 aswell but we will probably never know as Nolan seems to avoid talking about it.

But then hey im pretty sure i read he has less than 20 minute screen time in TDK?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:44 pm

People still wanted Joker that bad, huh? I got my fill of Joker in TDK, tbh (it was basically "Joker: The Movie, featuring cameo appearaces by Batman and Two Face"). It was right that another villain got some air time, otherwise Joker would have overshadowed any of the other villains.

MiTT3NZ wrote:I haven't seen TDKR yet

You never watching it? Go watch it!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I'll probably watch it next month, I just can't afford it at the moment.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:People still wanted Joker that bad, huh? I got my fill of Joker in TDK, tbh (it was basically "Joker: The Movie, featuring cameo appearaces by Batman and Two Face"). It was right that another villain got some air time, otherwise Joker would have overshadowed any of the other villains.

MiTT3NZ wrote:I haven't seen TDKR yet

You never watching it? Go watch it!

Nah im happy for Bane to take centre stage this time i just think if Heath had lived Joker would have been the main villain again.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Well, I'll be off to the IMAX in a few minutes to watch it. I'll post my thoughts when I get back, but here's how I can see it goin...

Batman retired coz he fucked his leg up in the final scene of TDK, plus he feels Gotham no longer needs Batman.
Selena Kyle's under Bane's thumb, and comes to warn Bruce.
Bane's workin for, on behalf of, or is now leader of the League of Shadows, and comes to Gotham to finish Ra's al Ghul's work.
He fucks everyone up (including Bruce), and shit spirals into chaos like it did in KnightFall.
Bruce escapes, fucks off abroad to "retrace his steps" in order to "re-become Batman", returns to Gotham, gets a hand from Lucius to get better equipment, convinces Catwoman to join him, they fuck up a loada bad guys, and Batman beasts Bane in the end.
Maybe he reveals he was Batman all along to the public, maybe he retires, maybe he even passes on the Mantle of the Bat, who knows? (...except for those who've seen it, obviously)
All I can say is that this one looks so far removed from Batman Begins (I understood why they did it for TDK), it seems less of a Batman film and more of a "guy wearing a Batman suit" film.
Either way, I ain't lookin forward to it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Id say it def connects batman begins . but just go watch it n see
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:46 pm

You aint so far off...
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Missus threw a hissy fit n now we ain't goin. Yayyyy...!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Smack her fat arse.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Sailors go with him.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I invited him ages ago and he denied my love. So forget it.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Saw it about a week ago finally. It was great, as expected. A good close to Nolan's trilogy, which I think is just about the only superhero comic-based film series to rise above simply being a bunch of funnybook-based popcorn trash; they're actually legitimate, dramatic crime films. TDK is still the better movie, I think, but Rises is still incredibly cool, with a lot of great nods to various classic comic stories.
Only one or two things irritated me about Rises though:

Bane was a great villain, and is built up as something special for the entire movie. But as soon as Talia is revealed as the real mastermind behind everything, it's like Bane just reverts into a nobody second-rate thug, and dies just about the least satisfying death they could have possibly given him.
"Bwahaha, I'll kill Batman now."
BOOM!
Bane gets shot.
Seriously, how terrible is that? A fizzle if I ever saw one.
I also just didn't buy Bruce Wayne's sudden acceleration in physical ability. First he stands no chance whatsoever against Bane. Then he spends a few months in a hole doing pushups, and he's suddenly good enough to kick his ass?
Just didn't work for me.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:49 pm

OL wrote:Only one or two things irritated me about Rises though:

Funnily enough one of the points you raised has irritated me everytime someone brings it up.

OL wrote:I also just didn't buy Bruce Wayne's sudden acceleration in physical ability. First he stands no chance whatsoever against Bane. Then he spends a few months in a hole doing pushups, and he's suddenly good enough to kick his ass?
Just didn't work for me.

For me it wasn't just about him being stuck in the hole doing press-ups, it's coupled with the fact the doctor's there basically gave Bruce, Bane's entire backstory and how he came to be. Biggest thing was how he told him how to beat Bane by attacking his mask as his achille's heal. Obviously the first time they thought, Batman tried fighting Bane as a regular villain.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm

It was also not just about power but having the fear and determination to beat him.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:36 pm

That's just it though; sure, the new information helped him beat Bane, but he was also suddenly able to land all these hits, while he had trouble with it on the first go-round. It's like suddenly Bane's hits just weren't connecting as hard, and he's suddenly leaving himsef open more. It really is just a few months in a hole working out (and without anyone to spar against, even) and Bruce is miraculously a better fighter.
Both fights were incredibly cool, regardless.
But I think I would have had less of a problem with it if they would have expressed a bit more of a strain in their second encounter. As it is, it barely seems like Bruce has any trouble the second time. Some slightly more inventive choreography would have helped.
The fear and determination explanation also helps a bit, but it's still not enough to explain Bane's sudden devolution into pussiness.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic