The Dark Knight Rises

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman 3

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:10 pm

pno wrote:Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Pow

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/ ... e-riddler/

Henry Spencer wrote:Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah, it's sounding more and more like Black Mask is the villain now. (No Riddler confirmed!)

I agree it's a lame ass title though. "Caped Crusader" wouldn't be much better, either, though.

Peter wrote:Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am

Apparently Tom Hardy is up for the Riddler. Just a rumor, but he is confirmed to be plaing a villan in B3

Riku Rose wrote:Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:43 am

^Nolan has said the Riddler won't be the villan.

I'm sure that it's only called the the Dark Knight Rises so people know it has something to do with the last film.

Kenny™© wrote:Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

Funny how people still debate on an actor for the Riddler even though Nolan shot that down.

I also prefer the title 'The Dark Knight Returns' but I guess it all depends on the theme they're going for. I'm really just curious how they're gonna end it all.

Peter wrote:Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Funny how people talked about the Riddler before Nolan shot the idea down. People really should look at post dates

Maybe you should look at the post dates, Peter...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:57 am

:lol:

The irony.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:20 pm

When The Dark Knight first came out, there was some speculation as to the status of Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Did he survive that fall at the end of the film? It seemed unlikely, but you know fanboys...

Now MTV has spoken to Two-Face actor Aaron Eckhart, who has put to rest any speculation that Dent may have lived to toss his coin another day.

"[Director] Chris [Nolan] and I had a meeting, on the beach, just the two of us," Eckhart explains. "I said, 'Chris, a lot of people are asking me if I'm in the next Batman. And Chris said, 'Yes?' I said, 'Am I?' He looked at me and he said, 'No.'"

Eckhart says he was "heartbroken … But Chris has his reasons and my life must go on."

But hey, look on the bright side: All you Rachel Dawes fans may still have a chance…

Update: Meanwhile, Batman on Film's man on the inside tells the site that The Dark Knight Rises will begin pre-production in the beginning of March, with filming currently slated for May. Also, the source indicates that the previously rumored New Orleans will not be a production locale for the shoot. Sorry Killer Croc aficionados!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/113/1138304p1.html

Shame, i allways thought they rushed the character and should have waited till right near the end to turn him into Two Face setting up the 3rd film.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:22 pm

^^I don't think it would have been a strong enough device to fill an entire film. It was good that they fit everything into one movie.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:20 am

True, im not saying have been the main bad guy its just allways felt rushed to me once he becomes Two Face.

Also hope Scarecrow gets more screen time[if his even in it]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 am

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 am

CHRISTIAN Bale is looking forward to teaming up with Tom Hardy for new Batman flick The Dark Knight Rises.

Although nothing is confirmed, it’s believed Hardy will take on the role of troubled psychologist Hugo Strange, crime lord Black Mask or gun-toting hit man Deadshot.

And Bale says he’ll be excited to act alongside the Inception hunk.

“I liked him in Inception and I did see Bronson as well,” said Christian, who plays Bruce Wayne and Batman.

“He seems like he’s a balls-out actor.”

Bale — who played the Caped Crusader in The Dark Knight and will reprise the role in The Dark Knight Rises Again, which is due to hit movie screens in 2012 — recently admitted he couldn’t decide whether to take the part of the comic book hero Batman because he was concerned people wouldn’t like his interpretation of the character.

“All I knew was that there was a whole lot more there that I’d never seen and there was some extreme in the interpretation that should be taken,” he said.

“So I just said, ‘I just gotta hope that they’re gonna go with that, and if they don’t, that’s not the version I’d like to be involved with anyway’.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/22124 ... hardy.html
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Do you do anything other then post news stories?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Can't imagine him as Hugo Strange to be honest. He just doesn't fit the look. Black Mask I think would be a good choice, like I said before, fits in with the whole mob boss theme these films have. Deadshot was done in the animated short Gotham Knight, I think that character really fits in the Nolan-verse. Does seem very well fitted to Hardy too thinking about it.

I actually am starting to wonder if Nolan would be ballsy enough to include some lesser known villains to his film like Hush or Great White Shark. Would through a lot of people off key after big hitters like Scarecrow and Joker. The positive is he could mold the character to whatever he see's fit without any previous comparisons to the older films, too..

God this teaser trailer is taking it's time!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 am

Hugo Strange might work but maybe not as the main Villain. Maybe him and Scarecrow work together or something?

Would love to see him as Deadshot which was by far the best animated episode for me but its got to the point now where i have total faith in the Nolans. Hell i remember reading people saying how bad Dark Knight was going to be when they heard Ledger was the Joker and even more when the first pics of him fighting Batman were released.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Hell i remember reading people saying how bad Dark Knight was going to be when they heard Ledger was the Joker and even more when the first pics of him fighting Batman were released.

Bah, don't pretend you weren't thinking the same thing. Everyone was thinking that.
But it was luckily one of those great times where everybody was proven wrong. Wish that could happen more often.

And looking at them now, those first pics actually were pretty terrible. They still look like cheesy stills from the old tv show. I almost think that was done on purpose, so people would be even more surprised.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Actually at that point i had seen none of his films so i had nothing to really react to. Infact ive only seen the Dark Knight and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I'd only seen him in Brokeback Mountain, a film which I hated. So yeah, I wasn't happy.

Tom Hardy as Hugo Strange would be...erm...stran-I mean weird. So yeah, here's hoping if they are using him as the next villain then they get somebody who fits it more. There's been rumours that Hardy could be playing all sorts of characters; from Bullock to Killer Croc, from Black Mask to Deadshot. It's really confusing, but I think it should be Black Mask, he'd fit that more (after seeing Bronson, you can see that he plays crazy well) and get somebody else for Strange. I'd be happy if the villains were Black Mask and Hugo Strange, it's about time they got their own movie (Scarecrow and Ra's both got their recognition from film fans despite also being similarly brilliant villains and getting the shaft for so long).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Thought Tommy Lister had a Black Mask tatto in TDK? But that could just be a nod to the comics after all we got the cat comment and Coleman Reese.
Infact if Strange is in the film i dare say he will find out who Batman is via Reese.

Also anyone else think they will have that the Joker was working for someone? Sure there was a line in TDK that suggested that someone else could be involved? Like Maybe Batman or Gordon asking the mob boss who let him out of the bag or something? might have even been something Two Face said? If it was him he might have just been saying which cop gave up Rachel to him or something?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:58 pm

The Joker/Batman fight from the stills still turned out terrible but Ledger ended up being great.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic