I heard Gamespy is ceasing web hosting soon...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:36 pm

If we lost our post count we should all just spam to make Ryudo have the lowest.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby beedle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Doubt it'll work, pretty much every one of Schlong Connery's posts are spam, and he's way behind.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gingefners, The » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:Doubt it'll work, pretty much every one of Schlong Connery's posts are spam, and he's way behind.

Who is this Schlong Connery you speak of? He has a hunky surname, I'll give him that.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby beedle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:10 pm

I was referring to this frightful chap..
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gingefners, The » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Rt Hon. beedle MP wrote:I was referring to this frightful chap..

I see what you mean by frightful, but I still don't know how this 'Schlong Connery' comes into things.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby beedle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

You're right, someone like that could never cum into things.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 pm

I remember HR dropping a little hint ages ago about something good is going to happen to this place. Then we'll find out he is actually Yu Suzuki.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Ziming » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 pm

The last day of this forum and site will be August 31, 2009. IGN/Gamespy Hosting plans to cease it's hosting services after that date. As Ryudo already mentioned we are getting new forums. I don't know when it will be ready as I'm not setting it up. Likely before Sept 1st.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, certain sections of the IGN Hosting Terms of Service have been updated which are effective immediately. Please take time to read through the complete updated Terms of Service at the website below (a link to the previous version is at the top of the site):

http://termsofservice.hosting.ign.com/

We will post any additional updates at the above link. Should you have any questions about these changes to the Terms of Service, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]. Please note: subject to (B) below, the IGN Hosting Terms of Service will cease to be in effect after August 31, 2009.

*(B) Shutting Down of IGN Hosting*

As referred to above, we also have some sad, but extremely important news for you regarding your hosted site, and ask that you read through the following carefully.

After years of quality free hosting for gaming sites, we have decided to discontinue our free hosting services. We know that this will come as a shock and a disappointment to you; in this e-mail we will explain why this decision was made, when the shutdown will occur, and what the next steps are for the many hosted site owners who will be affected.

The primary reason for the discontinuation of the free hosting is one of compatibility. At IGN, we are in the process of moving to a new data centre, and a number of our operations are incompatible with it, including the free hosting service. At this time we regretfully are not in a position to carry out the additional work needed to make the hosting service compatible.

We are all extremely grateful for you having chosen us as your site's host, and as such want to do all that we can to make your transition to a new hosting provider as easy and seamless as possible. We will maintain the hosting service, with full technical support, up until 11.59 PM, 31st August 2009 (“Cut-Off Date”), giving you several months in order to organize a migration. Please note however that the Cut-Off Date is hard and fast - there will be no extension of the service after this date and backups of your databases and content etc. will not be maintained. Anything that you want to keep MUST be downloaded to your computer before the Cut-Off Date. Please note: if you don’t migrate your files and database by the Cut-Off Date, you will no longer have access or right to access or use any aspect of your site that IGN was hosting and IGN will have the right to delete and remove from our servers all aspects of your site.

In order to assist you, we have prepared a detailed information website (see link below), which provides information such as a sample list of possible replacement web hosts you could transition to, instructions on migrating your files and database(s), in addition to FAQs about the discontinuation of our services. We strongly recommend that you read the entire document if you intend to continue operating your site at another host:

http://hosting.ign.com/faq.php

*3. Continuing Services*

It is not all bad news however. Some of the services we made available to hosted sites will still be available to you after August 31st, specifically:

*(i) Free File Hosting at FilePlanet.com*

You will still be able to use FilePlanet's free uploading tools to post your files and share them with your community. This tool can be accessed at http://www.fileplanet.com/publicsubmission.aspx. No registration needed to download your files. If you have a really large file, contact us directly at [email protected].
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby JoePesci » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:02 pm

^Who is setting up the new forums? And is it going to be the same forum skin do you know?
JoePesci
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 pm

^Yama
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby beedle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:23 pm

The move will either kill the forum, or give it the kick up the backside it needs to gain popularity.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SaM_4000 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 am

I don't think I will ever be able to come up with 100 posts ever again. It's the greatest achievement of my life, I was going to have someone place a message about it on my gravestone, but soon I will have no evidence of my amazing post count.

In all seriousness though, I definately think I deserve to be a mod or something on the new forums.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Aaron_H » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 am

SaM_4000 wrote:I don't think I will ever be able to come up with 100 posts ever again. It's the greatest achievement of my life, I was going to have someone place a message about it on my gravestone, but soon I will have no evidence of my amazing post count.

In all seriousness though, I definately think I deserve to be a mod or something on the new forums.

How do you think I feel? I've been here (on these forums) since day 1 and I've only just managed over 100. :P

On a slightly serious note, I hope that the place doesn't shut down.. And I'll be there to post on the newer forums as soon as they open.
Aaron_H
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:09 am

Who cares about post counts?
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:01 pm

[mYLES] wrote:Who cares about post counts?

Those of us with bigger post counts and bigger e-penises
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic