Gays getting married

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby KiBa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Dorian wrote:It's all just intellectual onanism.

"Onanism"... Very unique. You never hear that one any more!
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Supa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:Kids tease about everything equally as bad as anything because kids are pricks.

Tall or short funny name or skin complexion gay parents or not they will fuck with you no matter what.
So don't even try the lame argument you get picked on.

Oh and guess what you will live through it just fine unless you're a pussy.

Or maybe they'll just bring guns/bombs to school and unload on the people.

It's so easy to say that we can take everything people dish out, but not everybody is that strong.

That said, I don't agree with gay marriage and especially not gay adoption. Kids will get bullied inevitably and worse than something like a shirt or a haircut. People look down on homosexuality almost everywhere. And if you get some kid who gets it enough, you'll have another Columbine.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:27 pm

That's the same argument people probably had for interracial marriage.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby beedle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Adding to the fact attitudes will not change if we continue to discriminate.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Maybe they can abolish the financial ties and obligations of the arrangement. Sadly, marraige isn't taken serious these days as is attested to by the 60% divorce rate.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Supa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Discrimination is acting against something. I try to avoid burning crosses and wearing white robes.

I just disagree. Not an activist.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Seriously why on earth would it bother you if gay people get married?Just stop being so idiotically narrow minded, and let gay people do their thing and get married if they want to. seriously whats the big deal?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby beedle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Shenmaster777 wrote:Discrimination is acting against something. I try to avoid burning crosses and wearing white robes.

I just disagree. Not an activist.

You don't have to be actively punching minorities to discriminate. By disagreeing, you are showing support for the discrimination of gay people. You are allowing it to happen.

Oh and also 'treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.'

POW
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Yup.

It's like Califnoria's Prop 8 when it got passed. All it took was a simple vote and boom, civil rights violated.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

Kenny™© wrote:That's the same argument people probably had for interracial marriage.

Yup.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby sylentknyte » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 am

I think religious people always forget something. It says in the bible that the greatest gift god gave man was free will, to serve got or not to. As such people have the right to do whatever they want (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone) even if they go to hell for it. Thus I don't like the idea of gay people getting married, but they have free will, they should be allowed to make their own choices in life so let them do what they please.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:46 pm

As a gay man I don't agree with gay 'marriage'. Marriage, to me, is about the union of a man and a woman in the eyes of god. I'm not interested in shitting all over someone else's parade. It's a religious and private matter. However, gay people should still have the right to a 'union' (civil partnership) when straight, non-religious people continue to get married. Really though, the only way to protect the sanctity of marriage is to ban divorce considering how people get married these days.

Kiba, you go on as if you have a clue what your talking about. Why isn't homosexuality normal? It might not be your cup of tea but then that's your preference.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby beedle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 pm

What about if they're a gay Christian? It sounds like an oxymoron, but I know a few of them. Shouldn't they be able to get married?
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:16 pm

There are civil unions but they're not as many federal benefits as opposed to being registered as "married". Given straight couples have a choice between the two while other couples do not presents problems among those who wish to be labeled as "married". Making it discriminatory.

I know its a religious thing too but religious institutions have unfair advantages as well, like not being able to pay property taxes. It's breaching on the "seperation of church and state" clause in the First Amendment, though no one really pays much attention to it anyway.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 am

FeelinLuckyPUNK wrote:Kiba, you go on as if you have a clue what your talking about. Why isn't homosexuality normal? It might not be your cup of tea but then that's your preference.

Why isn't it normal? Unfortunately that's life. Growing up I had two friends that came out in their late teens. It made me think very hard about myself because I didn't understand why they couldn't tell me before. In my eyes then it wasn't normal but that doesn't mean I thought it was wrong. I accepted them instantly because they are my friends, doesn't mean I understand it even today.

FeelinLuckyPUNK wrote:Kiba, you go on as if you have a clue what your talking about.

Feel free to bump this topic.........

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40075
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic