Last thing you bought (no food or drugs)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

i bought a new oscillating fan and a black laundry basket thing. and 2 tickets to medieval times (for my gf and my 3 year anniversary coming up next month. yes she agrees that medieval times is a fucking epic way to spend our anniversary).
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Spokane » Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Just don't act like the guy in Cable Guy and you'll be good.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Sat May 12, 2012 9:42 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou1EBRxLQJs[/youtube]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Brothaman » Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 pm

20 shares of Facebook. :silly:
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sun May 20, 2012 2:20 am

You can blow over $700 on stock and think nothing of it, yet you're trying desperately to keep an aging 5 year old Socket 775 motherboard afloat with a core 2 duo cpu? :P
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Sun May 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Dedicated to Brotherman:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgE-Oedaiyk[/youtube]
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bambi » Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Sonikku wrote:You can blow over $700 on stock and think nothing of it, yet you're trying desperately to keep an aging 5 year old Socket 775 motherboard afloat with a core 2 duo cpu? :P

Now I don't know much about economics but I think the idea is that the Facebook stock will increase in value something that (sadly) isn't true of PC hardware. :P
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Depends if Facebook will still be valuable in the future, which is uncertain.

I wish I had thousands of shares in the company when it was just starting. I'd sell them all.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Brothaman » Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Sonikku wrote:You can blow over $700 on stock and think nothing of it, yet you're trying desperately to keep an aging 5 year old Socket 775 motherboard afloat with a core 2 duo cpu? :P

:lol: :P I never thought of it that way, but let me explain. I'm on a budget, but I've been planning to buy into Facebook since last year. So I had some $$$ in my savings just for it. This month I've been having a bunch of unexpected bills pop-up (set of tires, Clemson-related bills, etc.). So a refurbished Core 2 for my PC is the best I can do for it while working at Auto Zone.

Spokane wrote:Dedicated to Brotherman:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgE-Oedaiyk[/youtube]

8)

Bambi wrote:

Now I don't know much about economics but I think the idea is that the Facebook stock will increase in value something that (sadly) isn't true of PC hardware. :P

At least, that's what I'm hopping for. :P

Kenny wrote:Depends if Facebook will still be valuable in the future, which is uncertain.

I wish I had thousands of shares in the company when it was just starting. I'd sell them all.

I personally don't expect Facebook to be the next Google or Apple. I acutally expect it to go down some more before the market completely understands how Facebook makes money. Facebook will also have to become more innovative if it's gonna survive (which I think it will). But in the long term I still expect them to do decent. The irony of me buy it is that there where seasoned stock traders that couldn't get their hand on it opening day due in part to some problems on the NASDAQ. Pimp stick=1 Average Stock Trader=0
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sun May 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Bambi wrote:

I'm unconvinced the stock is going to take off like everyone expects. It seems like everyone was expecting the stock to take off like a rocket after the VIP's got first dibs on the pie, yet it closed at barely the same price it started even after everyone else had a crack at it. You also have big businesses like GM yanking all of their ads from Facebook because they just weren't getting them any business. Zuckerberg is going to have to find a way to increase revenue to please his new stock holders without alienating his site users if the value of the stock is going to become the next Apple. Hopefully for his stock's sake the big corporations like GM that buy a lot of advertising were just the exception and not the rule.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bambi » Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 am

Kenny wrote:Depends if Facebook will still be valuable in the future, which is uncertain.

Sonikku wrote:I'm unconvinced the stock is going to take off like everyone expects.

I should have been more clear, the point I was trying to make is that buying stock is an investment (win, lose or draw) not just a purchase. It's something that he'd like to see a good return on. As awesome as a new CPU would be, it's unlikely to provide any monetary gain in the foreseeable future.

Brothaman wrote:At least, that's what I'm hopping for. :P

And the best of luck to you, "Who dares wins" and all that. :)
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Thief » Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 am

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical- ... ies/p-155/

I'm excited. No more going to the college to practice on something that doesn't suck.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

enough silly stuff like facebook stock exchange and trying to make some money.

i just bought the coolest Sonic tshirt. Ryudo's reign of awesome shirts is over.

now this is serious stuff.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:enough silly stuff like facebook stock exchange and trying to make some money.

i just bought the coolest Sonic tshirt. Ryudo's reign of awesome shirts is over.

now this is serious stuff.

I have a Tron Sonic Shirt. You lose. Pluse classic Sonic and two Sega shirts. I'm wearing one right now. My reign lives on! Oh and don't forget I have a Shenmue shirt. :twisted:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 am

A Sony Tablet S
Have been wanting a tablet for a while now and was keen to try an android out since i was getting bored with iOS5 (Iphone 4s), and being the sony fanboy i am i got the sony tablet :D
I fucking love this thing! There isn't many ps1 games released for it on PSN Store at this point in time, But I just read there is a way to use the built in emulator to play your own ps1 games, and whats even better is the ability to connect a PS3 Controller via Bluetooth, man this thing rocks :D.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic