What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Yep, I've watched most of the cool shows, but rewatching The Wire, especially that final season and ending, means I still put it as my favourite. And I'm not usually someone who lists in order of preference stuff they like!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Multi watching different shows at the moment.

Spartacus and Orange is the New Black on Netflix and Nurse Jackie from my external harddrive on my PS3.
ÐÃ ß×®
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Locke_cole » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yep, I've watched most of the cool shows, but rewatching The Wire, especially that final season and ending, means I still put it as my favourite. And I'm not usually someone who lists in order of preference stuff they like!

Love the wire

I'm finally watching Daredevil
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

Does anime count?

Keeping weekly tabs on Diamond no Ace (Ace of Diamond) and have 8 more episodes of the first series of Fairy Tail :D
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby rome » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 am

Big fan of the Scream franchise, so I just started watching Scream the TV show. Not sure what to think of it just yet.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:26 pm

I can also recommend Burn Notice as a thoroughly decent show. Not mould breaking, but a thoroughly fun romp with some decent story. Loads of the usual faces show up, but I especially like how it makes proper use of the mighty Bruce Campbell as one of the main characters. :D

Also just watched GoT but there's a whole other topic for that. I kinda see which direction OL come from though. Whilst I did enjoy GoT and will continue to watch it, and Walking Dead, they are more sorta shows I'd class as a step below the truly great shows like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bambi
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:56 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I can also recommend Burn Notice as a thoroughly decent show. Not mould breaking, but a thoroughly fun romp with some decent story. Loads of the usual faces show up, but I especially like how it makes proper use of the mighty Bruce Campbell as one of the main characters. :D

Also just watched GoT but there's a whole other topic for that. I kinda see which direction OL come from though. Whilst I did enjoy GoT and will continue to watch it, and Walking Dead, they are more sorta shows I'd class as a step below the truly great shows like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

Check out True Detective.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Bambi wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I can also recommend Burn Notice as a thoroughly decent show. Not mould breaking, but a thoroughly fun romp with some decent story. Loads of the usual faces show up, but I especially like how it makes proper use of the mighty Bruce Campbell as one of the main characters. :D

Just couldn't take to it, and I did try.

Same with Sons of Anarchy, I even tried to push on 'cos it has Walton Goggins in it and there's just something I like about the way he plays his characters, but nope, I thought most of them were arseholes, and liking a few of the main characters is something I gotta be able to do with a show!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:10 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Bambi wrote:

Just couldn't take to it, and I did try.

Same with Sons of Anarchy, I even tried to push on 'cos it has Walton Goggins in it and there's just something I like about the way he plays his characters, but nope, I thought most of them were arseholes, and liking a few of the main characters is something I gotta be able to do with a show!

I know what you mean about SoA, it's ok but I don't rate it the way a lot of people do. I would say give the second series of True Detective a shot, it's not related to the first season and it's different in feel, if nothing else it's interesting to see Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn turning in a decent performance.

At the moment I'm watching Jordskott, it's a Swedish mystery being shown on ITV here, I'm gonna reserve judgement until I finish it but it's holding my attention. Speaking of which I'm hoping they renew Wayward Pines for a second season. :mad:

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 am

Episode 3 of Mr. Robot.

Getting better.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

;-) babylon 5
Code: Select all
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/eplist.html

half way through em again.
after that, it's battlestar galactica (new and old tv series) then the star trek voyager series...assuming i have eyeballs left. :lol:
next month, it's a stan kubrick and ridley scott fest.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:02 pm

BoJack Horseman Season 2

Problem with Netflix, im always binging on stuff i dont even know if i like...just, because?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby csmakio » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:18 am

Just finished The Wire for the second time, great series. Currently watching the second season of True Detective and am planning on starting Boardwalk Empire with the fiance shortly. I've already seen it, she hasn't but has been bugging me to watch it.

csmakio has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio

Postby FRASIER v3 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Hannibal, still can't make my mind up on it...oddly captivating though.

Must be the reason why they've pulled plug.

Shame.
FRASIER v3
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby joka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:22 pm

FRASIER v3 wrote:Hannibal, still can't make my mind up on it...oddly captivating though.

Must be the reason why they've pulled plug.

Shame.

Hannibal S3 I'm not sure about but s1 and 2 were great.

Watching wayward pines too... It's been pretty good (despite m.night shylaman being involved ;p)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic