What are you reading?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What are you reading right now?

Postby OL » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm

FINALLY got to finish reading through Scalped recently. Easily my favorite completed comic series ever.
I followed it from the beginning up to about issue 33, but at that point real-life circumstances prevented me from easily following it anymore, so I ended up without it for a long while.
When I found out that it had finally ended last year with issue 60, it was a wake-up call for me to finally get back to it. Christmas came along and my brother asked what I wanted... so I directed him toward all of the issues I was missing. He got as many as he could (God bless 'em), then I filled in the blanks.
Started reading again from the very beginning and finished all 60 issues in only about 3 days. Amazing experience, especially since I'd been waiting for years to see the end.
This comic was easily as good as the best shows on tv right now, and about a hundred times more badass.
Do yourself a favor and read the paperback collections if you ever get the chance. If you like inventive crime stories with deep characters, this one is amazing. Just make sure you read it in order. Wouldn't want to ruin any of the brilliant twists that happen along the way.

OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Halyard » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am

I recently read "Harry Potter", it was just amazing. and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels written by British author J. K. Rowling

Halyard has received a thanks from: silent killer
Halyard
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Halyard » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 am

I recently read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and is the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels written by British author J. K. Rowling.

Halyard has received a thanks from: silent killer
Halyard
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Rakim » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:55 am

So somebody wrote a bot that does book reports for them?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Its magic.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Louis Theroux: The Call of the Weird

Originally, I thought this was Louis revisiting his subjects from the Weird Weekends series, but it actually follows his other docs more so.

It's a very interesting read when you think back to people he's met who've claimed to of killed aliens, uprooted to the mountains and declared independence from the US and a get-rich-quick schemer who gave seminars. Whatever you thought of them at the time, I always wondered how people like this actually lived their lives, and reading this I found out. Most people featured have given up their beliefs altogether, served prison time, changed identities or in case of the schemer, been involved heavily in litigation from disgruntled clients :lol:

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Feelers Rebo
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 pm

MLP fics

/goes back into cave to hide in shame.

But seriously. A few, very few, are actually well written stories.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Feelers Rebo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Louis Theroux: The Call of the Weird

Originally, I thought this was Louis revisiting his subjects from the Weird Weekends series, but it actually follows his other docs more so.

It's a very interesting read when you think back to people he's met who've claimed to of killed aliens, uprooted to the mountains and declared independence from the US and a get-rich-quick schemer who gave seminars. Whatever you thought of them at the time, I always wondered how people like this actually lived their lives, and reading this I found out. Most people featured have given up their beliefs altogether, served prison time, changed identities or in case of the schemer, been involved heavily in litigation from disgruntled clients :lol:

I like Theroux's stuff, and that is one book that I've yet to pick up. Might finally get around to it now that it's been brought to my attention.

But right after I finish "My Life", which is a long interview with Fidel Castro by Ignacio Ramone, then edited and expanded by Castro himself. It's an interesting book, but as much as I like Castro, I can't help but feel I should read some more objective literature simultaneiously to balance some of his views, even if I tend to agree with him.
On a related note, I ought to read the Communist manifesto again. I got a Guy Debord book called "Society of the Spectacle", but I need to go back through some of Marx's works to "get" it more.
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby silent killer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm

About half way through Kino's Journey volume 2.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Brothaman » Sun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm

*bumps the hell out of the topic*

ImageImage

Summer brake, I finally have the chance to read again. Trying to finish both these books before the end of the month.

And I was reading this:
But I lost interest in the book. The book was selling for $400+ on Amazon, but I got it for $30.00. I'm gonna try to get $150 out of it. I have no idea why it was going for $400+. :mad:

Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun May 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Fable: The Balverine Order
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Strikeout » Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am

atm i'm reading the/der Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse, what a great writer
Strikeout

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

Postby silent killer » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 am

The Lost Fleet
Read four books in four days. I can't stop reading it. I'm barely getting any sleep because I've gotten so caught up in the books. Still two books left in the first series, and then it's on to the sequel series "Beyond the Frontier"

Also, have managed upto vol 6 of Kino's Journey
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 am

The Book of Enoch: http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/eth ... index.html

Wiki wrote:The Book of Enoch (also 1 Enoch[1]) is an ancient Jewish religious work, traditionally ascribed to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah. It is not part of the biblical canon as used by Jews, apart from Beta Israel. It is regarded as canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church, but no other Christian group.

and it inspired El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. God must have been so stoked about that.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Calshot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic