Epic Facepalm

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby beedle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 pm

OL wrote:The fuck...
How is calling someone a "bigoted woman" this big fucking deal? Saw this on Yahoo for some goddamn reason (the US site for fucksake), and now here...
It'd be one thing if he called her a stupid bitch or a floppy cunt, but a "bigoted woman"? They even refer to it as a "slur" in the headline...
Who gives a fuck?

It's like arguing with someone and saying "Well sir, I don't agree and I think your opinion is ludicrous" then going back and saying "Oh god, I'm so sorry for using such strong language".
And here I thought you brits were hardcore.

Well, it's getting pretty close to the election now and much of the media are using any opportunity they can to put Brown down. A lot of people agree with her views too (which is depressing enough) so he essentially called half the population 'bigoted'. But yes, I agree, it's a massive overreaction.

I wish he hadn't apologised though. He should take on his 'step outside posh boy' persona and start using that. He'd win my vote.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Was that an official poster?

On the election note, anyone else fed up with David Cameron sending you pointless crap in the post? Are we getting to the point where the party with the biggest budget gets the most votes?

Anyway, I'll be out of the country when the election is on, so I intend to wipe my ass with my poll card and mail that to Cameron.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby UnHoly Bible » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Spokane wrote:I know if Obama would have said it, everyone would either shrug it off, or a lot of people would support what he said. Or it would not have been in the news at all (probably the most likely case).

Maybe cause Obama would not say it, seeing as he is a more professional wordsmith.
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spokane » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:16 pm

That is true.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby beedle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Was that an official poster?

On the election note, anyone else fed up with David Cameron sending you pointless crap in the post? Are we getting to the point where the party with the biggest budget gets the most votes?

Anyway, I'll be out of the country when the election is on, so I intend to wipe my ass with my poll card and mail that to Cameron.

Nah, it was The Guardian's april fool's joke.

I get tons of stuff from all the parties Lib Dems, UKIP, tories blah blah... even the Greens sent me a letter scribbled on the back of a leaf.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 pm

OL wrote:The fuck...
How is calling someone a "bigoted woman" this big fucking deal? Saw this on Yahoo for some goddamn reason (the US site for fucksake), and now here...
It'd be one thing if he called her a stupid bitch or a floppy cunt, but a "bigoted woman"? They even refer to it as a "slur" in the headline...
Who gives a fuck?

It's like arguing with someone and saying "Well sir, I don't agree and I think your opinion is ludicrous" then going back and saying "Oh god, I'm so sorry for using such strong language".
And here I thought you brits were hardcore.

Ryudo wrote:That's just plain poppycock it is!Image
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

beedle'R'us wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:Was that an official poster?

Nah, it was The Guardian's april fool's joke.

I get tons of stuff from all the parties Lib Dems, UKIP, tories blah blah... even the Greens sent me a letter scribbled on the back of a leaf.

Some of those were actually pretty funny. :lol:
I've only had stuff from Conservatives and one thing from Labour today. I've seen some people sticking 'Vote UKIP' on their windows recently too. Load of bollocks the lot of it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

I've not had anything because I moved house.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

LawXiu wrote:I've not had anything because I moved country.

Bigot.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:03 pm

^ I wish.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 pm

LawXiu wrote:^ I wish.

After all, one of his dreams is to move to Hong Kong before he dies.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

^It'll will happen. It's the most important one of my list.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

This was just hilarious! when has something like this happened before? Its just one things that can only happen to Gordon isnt it, that guy has such bad luck...but hey he deserves it.

And yeah I think calling someone who is a long time voter for your party a bigot is a big deal, as if a politician called me a bigot or a racsist or fascist Id be pretty upset too lol.

But that whole cheesy grin after the apology... he cant come back from this one, I bet that other slimey weasel Cameron must have been laughing his arse off.

Heres to hoping neither of them get in!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:00 pm

mue 26 wrote:This was just hilarious! when has something like this happened before? Its just one things that can only happen to Gordon isnt it, that guy has such bad luck...but hey he deserves it.

I think your forgetting someone.

LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Oh but lets face it Prescot was just a thug at the end of the day lol, so you didnt really expect any better from him lol

That is such a bad mugshot he got caught with there!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic