You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Does anyone have, or ever had issues with immediate family members, like a long period of time with not speaking to one another? Or even disownment? Just curious to learn from any experiences out there, since i am currently involved in one such dispute. Oh and i mean an experience where you are of a more adult age, and not that you stopped talking to your brother billy after he tore off the cool velcro pads from your BMX when you were 8.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm

^Only started talking to my brother this summer after about 2 years of not talking. His wife is a fat down syndrome looking bitch and I'd rather have thumb war with a leper then be in the same room as her. No one in the family talked to him in that time but now we see him and my nephew a bit. I still won't be in the room as her but it's easy to avoid although Christmas should be interesting.

My other brother is in a bit of a mood with my dad at the moment so I'm rarely speaking to him but it's not like when we had no contact with my other brother.

It happens in most families sadly we aren't all the perfect sitcom family.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Really, so its not as uncommon as i feel it is?? Its my sister i am having issues with. Just not speaking after a small argument where she said she wished i didnt exist. I even tried to ignore it and speak to her but she is digging in and fobbing me off with one worded attitude answers. It was me and her going travelling to Australia in November, but now her rich friend is going too, so since she doesnt need me, she wont speak to me. Uts a selfish thing i feel. I even offered to take her and my family to Benidorm for a weeks holiday before we go to Oz, but she just said, "no. Not goin". :???:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I have not been in this particular situation with family members per se, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But generally, my experience has been that being the first one to reach out with an open palm is often the beginning of reopening the lines of communication with someone. Treat them like an adult and with respect and you increase your chances of getting an adult response. It is all too unfortunate when people are written off as being unsalvageable for being perceived to be obnoxious or immature, when they have never been treated as ever being anything more than that their entire lives.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:22 pm

How old is she? Sounds very childish. But yeah Riku is right, serious arguments happen in families all the time. Hell most of my friends parents are divorced so clearly something is not right there. It's nothing to worry too much about although it is always sad to lose that relationship under any circumstance.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:26 pm

You can't choose your family sadly it's just a lottery. As we know some people in this world are just dicks and sadly some get into the family you are born into.

I've just always had the attitude that if I can't get on with people it's just not worth it even if they are family. You'll just end up getting more angry and annoyed then if you just cut them out and get on with your life.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Peter wrote:Really, so its not as uncommon as i feel it is?? Its my sister i am having issues with. Just not speaking after a small argument where she said she wished i didnt exist. I even tried to ignore it and speak to her but she is digging in and fobbing me off with one worded attitude answers. It was me and her going travelling to Australia in November, but now her rich friend is going too, so since she doesnt need me, she wont speak to me. Uts a selfish thing i feel. I even offered to take her and my family to Benidorm for a weeks holiday before we go to Oz, but she just said, "no. Not goin". :???:

I figured it was probably your sister. I remember you saying you weren't speaking when you commented on her selling your 360 to get a wii. When I read over this, I can't help but wonder if there is more to this. It seems strange to suddenly turn to this animosity for no reason. But, if she's being selfish and unwilling to speak despite your every attempt to open up some dialogue, there might not be anything more you can do other than to respect her wishes and go your own way for now. Hopefully whatever rut she found herself in that resulted in her telling you she wished you did not exist will catch up to her some day and she will snap out of it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Shes 24 sailors?. But yea what you guys are saying makes sense in my head. If anything, her attitude is beyond frustrating. But its the Australia trip thats annoying me. That started off as my thing. Something i need ti do, and why i was doing it on my own. Then my sister decided one day to buy a ticket and do it with me. Now her friend is going, it makes me feel like i am now some tag along on a holiday trip. Thats fucking me.off more than the argument. That and the fact that with her and her friend there, my experience could be ruined from the very start :cry:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Stay in separate areas of Australia, don't have her ruin your trip. Or invite me along, I'll keep them occupied.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm

:lol: unfortunately we are all booked into the same hostel from the end of November, to the beginning of January.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Damn that's a long time. I suggest trying to make peace before then mate if that's possible at this stage. I would have to have a trip ruined by someone being petty and just generally annoying, hopefully that doesn't happen because a long trip to Australia sounds amazing.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I dont know what to do, even contemplated changing my dates at one stage. But i dont think i have any choice but to let it play out. I will just have to remain focused and meet new people and do what i had set out to do on this trip from the beginning. Once the beginning of January hits we can all go our separate ways.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Sonikku wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:Mittz got his missus a Kinect, Wii Fit, and a Reebok step thing to get her to slim back down to the hottie I first got with. That was all 10 months ago. Now she looks 5 months pregnant. Really doin my best to sabotage the relationship so I can easily get out of it if she doesn't slim down soon. Sounds propa cold, but I can't marry someone I ain't attracted to, and any chubby motherfucker's a big no-no for me. I mean, fuckin ell, I can get a shag whenever I want, and I'm STILL sexually frustrated. I can't even pin her up against the wall anymore.

If looks are really that important to you, you might better just own up to that and tell her. Ending it in a moment is better than dragging it on and onwards and gradually sabotaging it along the way hoping it will fail. That at least would be honest. (and likely less painful for both of you over the long haul)

I DID end up telling her. Eventually. Big mistake. And I did it twice (the last time was about four days ago) Yeah, it doesn't matter how much a committed relationship you're in, or how open and honest you can be with each other, it's still a huge no-no.

EDIT: And Peter, not with immediate family, no. It pisses me off that I don't see my brother much, coz he's always been my best mate bar none (he got tricked into havin a kid, long story...) but I could never imagine cutting any of my family out of my life. Except my uncle. He's dying, apparently, and I can't fuckin wait!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 am

In three days, me and my friend turned this crappy little "direct to video" action movie into one fucking engrossing martial arts/crime drama with an intricate weaving plotline that satisfyingly resolves itself in the end and bits of humorous situations thrown in to add personality to the main characters.

I'm super proud of it. We carefully made sure any plot holes and "show stopping, head scratching" scenes were removed. All we need to do is to pen the conclusion, which will have two major action set pieces for the climax for each of the two main characters to resolve their stories and end it on a high note. If anyone wants to read it once we're done, i'll PM it to you.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 am

Yes please :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic