People Don't Want to Work and Try Anymore

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: People Don't Want to Work and Try Anymore

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:19 am

Personally I don't think much has changed compared to the past. The only stories you hear about are from the greats, who risen far above the average joe. The average person just needs enough money to support himself/herself and a family. You don't need a mansion or food produced by the finest chefs to do that. It doesn't require a lot of work for a person to provide themselves and a family with their basic needs (not wants).

Modern society is just geared towards laziness (internet, TV, video games, etc.), which just makes the laziness of society a lot more apparent.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:Personally I don't think much has changed compared to the past. The only stories you hear about are from the greats, who risen far above the average joe. The average person just needs enough money to support himself/herself and a family. You don't need a mansion or food produced by the finest chefs to do that. It doesn't require a lot of work for a person to provide themselves and a family with their basic needs (not wants).

Modern society is just geared towards laziness (internet, TV, video games, etc.), which just makes the laziness of society a lot more apparent.

Hmm this is kind of an interesting way of looking at it. It makes sense. Im sure the previous generations would all react the same way if they had internet and etc.
Its all really relative to just what kind of person you are and how you were raised. In these days I think it just takes abit more parenting and less leaving kids to their own devices.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Nordic Fortune » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:33 am

I've even heard we're being called generation Y (as in generation "Why?").

One thing I remembered thinking "What sense does it make to work your ass off all your life for the sole purpose of enjoying the golden years, an age which your body is in the process of deterioration and whose length depends on how healthy and stressful your life has been, which on average adds up to be less than a fourth of one's lifespan?"

But then again, if I'm not employed, I feel like a complete piece of shit. Even if I'm just lounging out for one summer.

I think some issues are that there are a lot of jobs whose salary just aren't enough to support a household, but then again we are so used to having a LOT of commodities which weren't necessary half a century ago, which is another issue in itself.
Also, there are jobs that are on the opposite end of the spectrum: They pay amazingly well, but the people who do them do jack shit. Therefore, people will try to find the easiest way into a lazy career, and then continue to be lazy.

There are a million other reasons I'm sure, as many of you have started to write up.
Nordic Fortune
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:40 am

Im suprised at how long this topic has been going for. All because of Jeff noticing that his new American made sweaters are far lower quality then his older ones.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:46 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Nordic Fortune » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:59 am

^ I love Cracked articles :p.
Nordic Fortune
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Martin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:27 am

Perhaps the reality of being wage-slaves is starting to set-in on society. Most people work jobs day-in day-out that they hate with a vengeance, and drink their troubles away at the weekend. Funny thing is, when all the wage-slaves say "no more", the upper-crust of society fails. They need the wage-slaves. What if I don't want to work a shitty job or get qualifications? Might as well live in a dank little flat and have society pay for it. My means of living would be just as meagre if I worked a shitty job.

I'm not talking about me personally, just trying to give a different viewpoint. I totally see why people do it, and don't blame them.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby KiBa » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 am

Very true.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 am

Jokatech19 wrote:Most of what that clown Kiba says is the actuality of the state in this country. Unfortunately, it won't improve for many of the reasons he listed and more. Art and expression are dying out. I've heard of philosophers pointing to this intellectually lethargic period as a sign of the end of a civilization, so it's interesting that you are yet another person who is noticing this. Look at entertaiment. It has nothing to do any longer with the word it it use to define. Don't ever make the mistake of gauging your overall value and ability by the reception you get in this country.

WTF! i feel like i read a bunch of random words put together. like you just posted for the hell of it and tried to sound smart. did anybody make any kind of since out of that post???? but after everybody elses post i read. all i can say is touche. but naw. fuck that jockajerk shit! KILL YOSELF! (not really...well.....)
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:24 am

Martin wrote:Perhaps the reality of being wage-slaves is starting to set-in on society. Most people work jobs day-in day-out that they hate with a vengeance, and drink their troubles away at the weekend. Funny thing is, when all the wage-slaves say "no more", the upper-crust of society fails. They need the wage-slaves. What if I don't want to work a shitty job or get qualifications? Might as well live in a dank little flat and have society pay for it. My means of living would be just as meagre if I worked a shitty job.

I'm not talking about me personally, just trying to give a different viewpoint. I totally see why people do it, and don't blame them.

Yip after so much one can take and feel trapped at some point people just give up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Previous

Return to Off Topic