Superman

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Your new superman

Postby Joe Pesci » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am

I want a midget black australian to play superman.
Last edited by Joe Pesci on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 am

Alf as batman.
Fuck yes
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 am

Will Smith as the next James Bond anyone?

M: Bond I need you to infiltrate Al qaeda HQ in Iraq
Bond:Awww hell naww you gotta be outta yo' mind!!!??

@Clint People just love seeing their childhood heroes come to life while other just love special effects who ever goes to these to see the storyline has serious problems clearly it always has been the same reused rehashed story.

Only comic book movie stories I'm slightly interested in is the Avengers, just to see how they handle all those heroes, most of the Marvel/Disney ones actually since they're all in the same universe would be interesting to see how they tie them all in within the storyline, don't think anything like that has been done in Hollywood before and TDKR simply because it's Nolan and his stories seem to actually have some structure to them that engages you. Film's don't always have to be these gritty originals though I'm all for that but some of us like to escape into our childhood from time to time with "adult" versions of the cartoons/comics we used to watch/read.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:21 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:Will Smith as the next James Bond anyone?

Wow way to be a total racist. Will Smith is an amazing actor.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

Kenny™© wrote:Pierce Brosnan wanted an english black man to play the next Bond. He was in one of the Bond movies in another role, don't remember the name.

Colin Salmon. He acted as Pierce's stand-in a few times, apparently.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I believe the phrase you're looking for in my case is 'self-hating'
Nah I was being Will Smithssssttt, I think Smith is an awesome actor too and he could play any role but it just wouldn't seem Right seeing Smith being all posh and British, he was once cast as Neo in the Matrix but turned it down, after watching it he said he could've never played that part as mellow as Keanu did it and he was glad Keanu took the roll instead of him.
Someone like Denzel if he was younger would be a better black Bond or this guy from the British show "The Hustle" (the only black guy in the pic)
Colin Salmon would be an awesome Bond!
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Adrian Lester. I'm not exactly anticipating a black James Bond, to be honest. Bond isn't a black character. But then again if you follow the character from Fleming's books, Bond isn't Daniel Craig either.

Gets more attention than it deserves since P Diddy (or someone?) bought all of Sean Connery's audition tapes for the role..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Riku Rose wrote:

WTF? I don't think you know what racism is mate. :-$
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:21 pm

QWERTY wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

Everyone just want's him to leave.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
QWERTY wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

Everyone just want's him to leave.

Why? I don't get this. People here bang on about how these forums are dead and shit but yet you're still quick to have someone banned. Grow a thicker skin.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 pm

That was more "stereotypical as hell".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 pm

This place isn't dead everytime I hit the home button I find a new post. All the guy ever does it post shit like:

SHENMOO3 WOULD SELL £1MILLIONZ!!!! SEGA ARE FAGS

Try and disagree and all you get are his mums wet panties thrown at you.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Kenny™© wrote:That was more "stereotypical as hell".

Bingo. I rip into a black mate of mine at work as he eats fried chicken and drinks grape soda all the time, but that isn't due to me being prejudiced against the colour of skin, it's because he's fitting the fucking stereotype that is in place.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Clint » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 pm

@Clint People just love seeing their childhood heroes come to life while other just love special effects who ever goes to these to see the storyline has serious problems clearly it always has been the same reused rehashed story.

Only comic book movie stories I'm slightly interested in is the Avengers, just to see how they handle all those heroes, most of the Marvel/Disney ones actually since they're all in the same universe would be interesting to see how they tie them all in within the storyline, don't think anything like that has been done in Hollywood before and TDKR simply because it's Nolan and his stories seem to actually have some structure to them that engages you. Film's don't always have to be these gritty originals though I'm all for that but some of us like to escape into our childhood from time to time with "adult" versions of the cartoons/comics we used to watch/read.

Hey, i'm all for movies that have the intentions you speak of.

But it gets to a point where I just know what to expect. These films are everywhere now. I enjoyed Batman and Spiderman as a kid, and yeah, it was cool to see these films the first time they came out. But now? It's totally fucking boring. And in my opinion, yes, it is ruining the movie industry. Beating a dead horse, if you like.

Of course money talks and all, but it's gotten to the stage where everything else takes a back seat because of americas strange obsession with comic book heroes. I might be able to watch the new Superman for example, but I already know what is going to happen in the film. So why should I pay money to see something i've seen 100 times before? Why should anyone?

And I thought the Will Smith thing was pretty funny. People need to lighten up.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Peter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

I have loved this forum ever since the day i joined. I left for around 1 year in 2009, and when i came back i hated this place. No thats wrong, i didnt hate this place, i hated some of the new faces that posted here, and the changes in some of the older members. In fact it was so bad that i asked HR to delete my account, but he didnt (a decision im thankful to this day!). I felt like an outsider despite being here a long time and i just "didnt get it". But Riku you once said to me in a post "dont take it seriously", and from that point on i have found in this place what i once loved, and why i have been back over the past year (and continue to stay as long as i shall live, and for that i will be forever thankful to you). That was the best advice i think ive ever been given at SD. Once i did that i got it again.

QWERTY will always be the same, and i love him! He can cross the line yea, but so can Jim Carry. The way i look at it is, he can be a lot worse. We have seen that over the years, regarding idiots who have actually set out to completely destory this place. I personally thought the Will Smith impression was funny, despite the stereotypes that could be picked from it, but as ive said, i dont take this place as seriously as i once did. Thats what makes this place unique, and as individual as Shenmue. 8)

Anyways, on a side note, it turns out that Micky Rosenbaum will return to play Lex Luthor in the Smallville finale. :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic