the 90's rocked

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: the 90's rocked

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm

And what about the first thing I ever bashed off to... Sabrina the Teenage Witch!!!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby SaM_4000 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:50 am

Ahh, yes... the 90's...
A time when Video Arcades were awesome and plentiful.
-When watching cartoons was great for young and old alike.
-When friends still used to meet up with one another when they wanted to talk.
-When Multiplayer console videogames were still contested between friends in the same room.
-When great arcade machines weren't replaced by shelves of cereal boxes at my local corner store.
-When WWF wasn't WWE and the "The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be" (Bret "Hitman" Hart) was still a hero to many a people around the world.
-When.... well I guess I could go on and on, but that’s basically how I remember the 90's.

Riku Rose wrote:I'm sure only the UK people and Oppy will remember Heartbreak High.

I remember Heartbreak High, but I am not from the U.K... I guess that pretty much gives away where I live... #-o
I wonder if Oppy will remember "A*mazing" which is, quite possibly, the greatest kids game show of all time.

I had to thank Kenny for posting Blind Melon's No Rain.
They were my favourite band once upon a time R.I.P Shannon Hoon...
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:And what about the first thing I ever bashed off to... Sabrina the Teenage Witch!!!

I was fappin MJH before that. Clarissa explained it all for me.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sylentknyte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am

I think my definition of the 90s is more 90s/early 2000s but things were pretty much the same. I have so much Canada only nostalgia like YTV, the Zone, teletoon, family channel, various Canadian TV shows etc.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Do you remember a show called "Round the Twist"? It was a pretty damned funny show, set in a lighthouse in Australia, that they showed here. :) :)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:52 pm

2000's sucked.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Gingefners, The » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Ryudo wrote:2000's sucked.

in a few year's time there'll be topics about how the 00's were great. I remember in the 90's people talking about how it sucked.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby sylentknyte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 pm

I agree in general the 2000's were horrible. However in Canada at least there was still quality tv up until 2002 or so. I was more or less in the transition period. We went from having great shows to those crappy hybrid anime/american cartoon style (used in shows like the Batman and Wolverine and the X-Men). However I still got to catch the reruns of shows like Beat Wars, Reboot, Shadow Raiders, Batman TAS, X-Men, DBZ and many other leftover 90s shows. Good kids sitcoms like Boy Meets world and Student Bodies were still on aswell.

I felt like good TV came to an end with Spongebob. I liked it at the time but it was so succesful that so many other, much worse shows like it came. Then they completley weeded out the good shows. I know its not for me but when I tune into kids stations I cant believe how horrible the shows are. It could just be the fact Im older but compare a show like Reboot to anything thats on now and it will pale in comparison.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:46 pm

We never see any good Comic based cartoons anymore. 90's we had Batman TAS and X Men,Superman,Spiderman and more. These days is dumbed down and awful animation.
80's also sucked but just have nostalgia for those cartoons.
Another thing is we had Reading Rainbow,Mr Rodgers,Seseme Street were excellent shows for kids that taught them great lessons not just in the letter of the day or how to read but lessons in growing up and life.
Today we get gay english muppets and yellow sponges in pants.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Jesus! Something we agree on Ryudo!
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:30 pm

sylentknyte wrote:I think my definition of the 90s is more 90s/early 2000s but things were pretty much the same. I have so much Canada only nostalgia like YTV, the Zone, teletoon, family channel, various Canadian TV shows etc.

canada lol
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby sylentknyte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 pm

^ Haha. Hey man I loved growing up here. We had pretty well all the good shows from the US and great shows we got that they didnt. In fact Reboot was made by a Canadian company and we actually got all the episodes of the show (It was pretty high profile here). Although you being from the UK Im sure you have a lot of UK only nostalgia. Although whenever I see stuff from Toonami I feel like I missed out big time.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:52 pm

sylentknyte wrote:^ Haha. Hey man I loved growing up here. We had pretty well all the good shows from the US and great shows we got that they didnt. In fact Reboot was made by a Canadian company and we actually got all the episodes of the show (It was pretty high profile here). Although you being from the UK Im sure you have a lot of UK only nostalgia. Although whenever I see stuff from Toonami I feel like I missed out big time.

What part dude?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby SaM_4000 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Do you remember a show called "Round the Twist"? It was a pretty damned funny show, set in a lighthouse in Australia, that they showed here. :) :)

Have you ever...ever felt like this, when strange things happen Are your going round the twist...

Yep, I sure do, the theme song is probably forever etched into my brain.
I always remember the episode where at school the kids are seeing how high there piss can reach on the wall and Bronson (who is the youngest kid in the show) finds a water spirit so that his piss reach higher then all the other kids and win game that they're playing...classic. :)
It was a pretty original and hilarious show at times..
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sylentknyte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
sylentknyte wrote:^ Haha. Hey man I loved growing up here. We had pretty well all the good shows from the US and great shows we got that they didnt. In fact Reboot was made by a Canadian company and we actually got all the episodes of the show (It was pretty high profile here). Although you being from the UK Im sure you have a lot of UK only nostalgia. Although whenever I see stuff from Toonami I feel like I missed out big time.

What part dude?

What do you mean? What part of Toonami? It just seems like it was a really kickass show. It had a great lineup and played some anime that we never got here on YTV (YTV is the channel in Canada that had all the action type cartoons). YTV had really violent shows really late at night but I was ususally to bed by 9:30 on weekdays and 12 on the weekends.

In the States did you guys get Beast Machines? It was the lesser known sequel to Beastwars. It only ever came on really late at night here. I didnt like it as a kid but when I went back and watched it I realized it fucking rocks. I guess I didnt like it as a kid because it was really dark and most of the concepts went over my head.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic