Game I have been working on...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Game I have been working on...

Postby Without Remorse » Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Hey guys,
I haven't been around for the past 6 months, as it has been a pretty busy semester. I was taking a software engineering class, where we had to build a piece of software from the specification phase, through the design phase, all the way to some level of completion. I'm pretty proud of what we came up with, and we are still working on. The game is an XNA Xbox title, but is currently running on the pc for development purposes. It is 16 player multiplayer space battles, inspired partly by Star Fox 64, although is a far ways off from that level of quality. The art assets are whatever we could find that were royalty free, as we do not have an artist on the team. The ship you see is still being developed by an art student from UT Dallas. Overall most of the major systems are running, we are missing a few effects, such as explosions, and we need to add in different battle areas/levels and weapons systems. But for those that are interested, here is a couple of youtube videos showing some of our multiplayer playtests. All the videos should be viewable in HD.

This is the video we used for our presentation:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qH6pquw_Zs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiiuASejhgc&feature=related[/youtube]

That youtube account has several videos, from our very first prototype all the way to where we are now.

We intend to keep developing over the summer, or until we add in all the features and a high level of polish that we would like. I just wanted to show off the work we have been doing. The game is called "Galactic Conflicts" and will be available on Xbox Live Indie Marketplace this fall for a dollar. All of the proceeds will go to Child's Play charity.

Hope everyone on here is doing well, and I hope to be able to start posting more since the semester is finally winding down. :D
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Re: Game I have been working on...

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu May 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Welcome back.

The work is looking like it's paying off very well. I want to play. :D
I love Star Fox, Sin & Punishment and I love 3D on rails shooters like that. For a dollar, damn, cannot turn our noses up at that. Will buy, day one.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Without Remorse » Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks man, I will be sure to post updates if people are interested, and I will let you know when the game is coming out.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

Postby onizuka » Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 pm

looks interesting, I don't mind buying it especially that my money will be going to a good cause
interested in seeing what the GUI will look like as well
onizuka
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Off Topic