Bays TMNT --- They come from space

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 am

Not as bad as Uwe Boll though. Although I'm sure they could have a great conversation with eachother
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 am

Bay to me is what happen when James Cameron had a retarded twin. Huge budget films with money thrown at them. Just one makes it work and the other doesn't yet both are douchebags
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 am

Ryudo wrote: He just can't make a good film at all. He made one film that tried hard and almost did it, The Island.

Ah yes, I remember that one. I didn't know it was bay that made it. It seemed almost thought provoking at first. Then it became a bombardment of advertising placement. Then a mindless destruction derby.

Yeah, that was probably his best.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Not as bad as Uwe Boll though. Although I'm sure they could have a great conversation with eachother

If Uwe Boll didn't threaten him and called him a retard, they might've.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 am

Seriously though I hope the whole space thing was just thrown out, there was too much negative feedback, and enough time has gone by now that they can hopefully make it better. I wont say make it great, make it awesome because that would be premature and my gut is telling me the movie will be shit so my expectations are rock bottom. I will more than likely ignore this film as I did the dragon ball film, not that its in any way comparable except for the fact that they will probably both be equally shitty.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:21 am

I'd be ok if this came out sucked balls and was buries but if it turned into a series then I want to kill someone
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 am

I thought the new series that came out was supposed to some how tie into the new film. You know how they release a big movie and then in order to cash in even more, make a TV show especially when it appeals to kids. In this scenario I really hope they do the opposite and they take from the new show to make the movie, yeah right. I am just gonna keep dreaming on and when I do I'll dream of something a little bit thinner *honk honk honk*.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 am

New show has no ties
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:56 am

To clarify, the Turtles in other script script were not actually aliens but they were THOUGHT to be aliens by the people in this world.

They're actually the original Turtles from another dimension. Basically they came from their own dimension, in the universe where we've come to know them, and placed in an alternate dimension with a different Casey and April. What made it not work was the fact they took the story way too seriously, it just wasn't fun to read. Plus it was like reading someone who thought the Turtles should sound and act, the personalities weren't captured very well.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 am

So it was originally planned to be something like Crisis on Infinite Earths? Just that alone, it doesn't sound so bad. Could they really not get that to work? Rather, can you clarify what you mean by them taking the story too seriously.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 am

To make a good TMNT film you don't want dimensional shit or space shit. it works in the cartoons and now TMNT should not be taken too seriously either. Just make a simple film about 4 wise cracking teen ninja turtles with a wise leader in the form of a rat and fight shredder. Something very similar to 1990. However TMNT 2012 has the best splinter EVER!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 am

I'm not a Bay fan but The Rock was awesome.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 am

^^The Turtles have gone to space in the comics. I remember reading those issues when I was a kid. It's explained earlier in this thread that TMNT was never to be taken very seriously to begin with. Its very existence was started on a joke.

As for the story, I tuned out after awhile (seriously, it got that boring to read), but they were shoehorning this prophecy story that the Turtles were born to save the earth from Krang. Or something. And they got it from a large older looking Turtle...who is never really explained who he is. Then kinda leaves. And never comes back. They put ALOT of weight on this prophecy story in the second half, giving it flashbacks and the way it was written sounded so serious.

Basically, it was the JJ Abrams Star Trek but with the Turtles. A way to acknowledge the old series but at the same time, go their own path and take their own liberties. I was scrutinizing the script up 'till I got to that part, I thought it was pretty cool too. Then it got boring again. The jokes were always corny but they had a charm to them, which they didn't get right here. Among other things (Casey and April are kids in this one, not very likable kids either).

Kenny has received a thanks from: silent killer
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 am

I know how the series started and as a massive TMNT fan have have many comics. The comics sucked. I have the first issue as well. Ok a reprint. Still they sucked. Archie comics sucked as well. TMNT is hard to do right but the 80's(to some extent for kids) the 1990 film even the 03 series and now the 2012 series all did something right. Secret of the ooze is crap but loved (even by me) because of nostalgia but was very toned down for kids. III less said the better. 2007 was meh. Turtles forever was great as a fan tribute. For a live action to work they have to look at the 1990 film
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:54 am

Doesn't matter if you think it sucks or not. They did it. And if they do it again on TV or in a movie, really wouldn't come as a surprise.

It's less important where they end up putting them and more important if they do it right.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic