Bays TMNT --- They come from space

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Spider Man the next reboot will be Peter Parker is a japanese motor cycle stunt man who finds a dying alien who give him a spider man suit which gives him super powers and a giant mecha.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 pm

And Bay will be the director.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 am

They changed from the cannon formula, fan back lash is expected and rightfully so. Will this even take place in New York? What in the hell has Bay really done? We need a trailer, but from the sounds of it, its gonne be shit.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

I only made up the Batman having powers thing. The Superman things and Spiderman almost happened and one did happen.

Spider Man was the 70's Japanese show.
Superman with the suit was Tim Burtons Super Man and was going to star Cage. It was also going to have a giant robot spider. Some of the script of it survived into Wild Wild West
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:48 am

I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just meant that whether they're aliens, mutants, or butt fairies, It's still the Ninja Turtles.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 am

Thief wrote:I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just meant that whether they're aliens, mutants, or butt fairies, It's still the Ninja Turtles.

It's non of that' It's shit that should be ignored as bay ruins more childhood cartoons and the 1990 film is still awesome
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:00 am

I will agree that I used to like transformers when I was a kid but nowadays not so much. I guess in some weird way he has sort of (kind of/sort of) ruined it for me, but not really. Regardless, whatever shit transformers movies Bay continues to shell out, it doesn't change the quality of the original. I loved the Ninja Turtles cartoon when I was younger and I collected the action figures, but I've never really liked the movies. They were so different from the show and they were always about Shredder. Anyway, even though the new concept for Ninja Turtles seems pretty lame, I'll have to wait until something is actually released before I bash it. It could be good, who knows? I'm an optimist, despite Bay's bad track record.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 am

First film was based more on the comics. Second was from execs wanting to appeal to a younger audience
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 am

Opening this topic feels like walking into an episode of the Big Bang Theory.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Spokane » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Except there is no hot Kaley Cuoco.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Opening this topic feels like walking into an episode of the Big Bang Theory.

:lol:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:14 pm

So because people like a franchise it has to automatically be stereotyped to a shitty TV show?
Go to a sports forum and people discuss argue just the same about sweaty men playing with their balls. You can make that into a shitty stereo type show. Doesn't matter the subject people geek out over anything. Cars,Tools,Sports,film. They argue the same way just different subjects. So they are nerds also. But just because one likes a certain subject they get looked down upon by the nerds/geeks of everyone else and get lousy show about them. Riku is just as much a nerd about anyone to the the point he has a pokemon tatt of his fave sweaty man balls team.

Fine now excuse me I got to go play with my balls.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 pm

I dont like the sound of it, but I will wait for a trailer.

There is one thing to remember though the mutagen that originally trasnformed the turtles was from krangs race in outter space and smuggled in the TGRI plant (or the equivlant from the original comic, i dont remember what it was called).

Although that little piece of information could shit all over this new movies plot line, seeing as the turtles still werent mutated in space, nor have their own race, and also thats just the comic story line. BUT Space was a factor in the original series, maybe this "space" they are going to create is dimension x? But then again, it would just not be fitting to have the turtles origin be from there. I really really wish I knew what they fuck they have done to the story line, TMNT is one of my all time faves. But I just cant get around the stance that this is going to end up badly.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Krang,Dimension X,Rocksteady,Bebop,Technodrome were all products of the 80's series.

The 2003 series at least at first follows the comics more. April is a lab assistant to Baxter in the comics. There is a race of aliens that look similar to krang. If I recall some of them are friends with the TMNT and some are foes.

I aso think in the first comic shredder dies. However I was never a huge fan of the comics. While I gave a speech about the origin story I do not like how the comics did it. Splinter was always a rat and a pet rat of his master. his master was killed by shredder and the rat learned the moves. ehh. Made more sense in the 80's series sadly. He was the master and got turned into a rat. I will see this as I am a sucker. However I think 2007 TMNT was decent and I loved Turtles Forever movie. Despite none of the original VA returned.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic