The Game Of Thrones TV topic

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Almost done with season 3. Getting better. Decent show. Not amazing like people make it to be but entertaining and liking it.

Oh and
Red Wedding made me laugh. Not mocking or anything just for some reason seeing all them die in such a bloody fashion was funny to me. I liked seeing them die esp the mother. Also got a chuckle how the old man just casually sits and drinks. I loved that. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:07 am

beedle wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Yeah its a shame. Maybe they thought TV viewers would pick up on the fish/Tully reference?

spoilers for tv watchers:
SHITTY REFERENCE CAUSE LITERALLY ALL THE TULLYS SURVIVE

True but easier to do than have him killing a bunch of Wolf pups...
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 pm

So, when I was playing catch up and doing a bit of Googling on the characters' names, I couldn't help but read past where I should have. With that in mind;

I take it the bit where Sers Barristan and Jorah land one another in trouble about their pasts in front of Daenerys and have to fight through the sewers of that city was written out of the TV show? I only wonder about this because I read far enough on to know that Jorah should have been cast out afterwards...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:39 pm

^

Most likely will happen next season as far as him being booted out.

Seems S4 has a few recasts,
Tommen Baratheon will be played by Dean-Charles Chapman who played one of the Lannister squires killed by the Karstarks in S3.

The Hounds brother Ser Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain will be played by Icelandic strongman Hafþór “Thor” Björnsson.

And Daario Naharis might now be played by Michiel Huisman. He is confirmed for S4 but HBO have not announced what role.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:02 pm

^
Damn. As the series has progressed, he has shown that he can be quite the cold and calculating asshole, but I still like and am intrigued by the character. He seems to have real balls too, and quite a bit of guile and survival instinct, with him being a Westerosi knight who also has experience of fighting those on the other side of the sea, plus, even when he straight away knew that it was Barristan and what that meant (in the TV series), he was still prepared to step in and at least attempt to get in between Barristan and Daenerys...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I watch this shit and fully enjoy it, but dammmmmmmmmmmn, Danaerys would get a ploughing. We talking at least double figures in one night, no doubt.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Agreed. Drogo was a lucky dude. Esp. when she got a backbone and insisted on switching it up a bit..
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Agreed. Drogo was a lucky dude. Esp. when she got a backbone and insisted on switching it up a bit..

It was that bit with the slaves and said "I know exactly what you've been saying, BITCH. Y'all gonna get fucked UP" (check out me norks)
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Ah, yes. The longer the series goes on, the more she starts to be a proper "mental", but with those sorta looks, and the fact that mentalness seems to be directly proportional to the quality/fun factor of rogering one gets, that just kinda adds to it, doesn't it?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Ah, yes. The longer the series goes on, the more she starts to be a proper "mental", but with those sorta looks, and the fact that mentalness seems to be directly proportional to the quality/fun factor of rogering one gets, that just kinda adds to it, doesn't it?

I respect a woman that can hold their own in what is a predominantly still a "mans world" IRL, let alone a world like Game of Thrones. A woman with nous is one to hold dear.

I am surprised by the number of Hollyoaks actors in it it though, because any actors/actresses with serious dramatic aspirations take roles on that program to kill their careers, surely? Hollyoaks is the equivalent of a theatrical graveyard (nice to look at though)
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Yeah I was disappointed when she didn't lez it up with Sasha Valentine. I'd have pulled the head off it to that probably.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yeah I was disappointed when she didn't lez it up with Sasha Valentine. I'd have pulled the head off it to that probably.

The darkie? :shock:
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Calshot » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yeah I was disappointed when she didn't lez it up with Sasha Valentine. I'd have pulled the head off it to that probably.

It could still happen. In the fourth or fifth book, Dany actually has a lesbian sex scene with one of her handmaidens. Seeing as how both of the handmaidens are dead, Sasha Valentine seems to be the logical choice.

(the one on the left)
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 am

phpBB [video]

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: ^
Damn. As the series has progressed, he has shown that he can be quite the cold and calculating asshole, but I still like and am intrigued by the character. He seems to have real balls too, and quite a bit of guile and survival instinct, with him being a Westerosi knight who also has experience of fighting those on the other side of the sea, plus, even when he straight away knew that it was Barristan and what that meant (in the TV series), he was still prepared to step in and at least attempt to get in between Barristan and Daenerys...

He didn't know it was him until after he got in the way...probably shat himself at that point. :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm

I wish the show didn't make Tyrion out to be such a good guy. I love his character but show Tyrion sure is a bit more chill than in the the book.

I'm 80~% done with A Dance With Dragons.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic