The Game Of Thrones TV topic

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 am

Yeah finished a couple months ago.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:25 am

phpBB [video]

Season 2 disc details out Feb 19th in the US

Blu-ray with HBO Select – includes all DVD features plus:

War of the Five Kings – Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
Hidden Dragon Eggs – Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.

DVD:

Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay – See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.
Game of Thrones: Inner Circle – Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
The Religions of Westeros – Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.
Character Profiles – Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.
Audio Commentaries – 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sun May 12, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:14 pm

One of my favourite bands lately, The Sword, are big ASOIAF fans, so much so that they've even written songs about it. To Take The Black is exactly what you think it's about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_B3l_ReQU
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Enjoyed the animated back stories that came with Season 1 so looking forward to the new batch

phpBB [video]

As is always the case the user comments are filled with spoilers so stay away from them if you don't read the books

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Wilko Johnson who plays Ilyn Payne has been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/wilko ... al-cancer/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

He will always be remembered as the original angry cat.

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Not the best teaser mainly because it shows nothing of Season 3
but the song is important

But so much cool stuff happens in the 3rd book that its going to be hard to do a good trailer and not show too many spoilers.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sun May 12, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 am

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Can't wait for Season 3. I wonder how they're going to truncate such a large book this time, though?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm

2 seasons ;-)

This seasons big event is the

RW

Season 3 and 4 should be awesome.

In other news the 6th Book Winds of Winter is due next year. From the chapters Martin has released its sounding great.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 am

Huh, I figured that'd be the case, but it's nice that it is confirmed. I just hope the viewers keep tuning in and the Seasons keep coming out, since it'd royally suck if they canned the series when the story isn't finished. Just a bit worried about that.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 am

Yeah i would be annoyed to have a unfinished TV show but my main worry was the show over taking the books but IF WoW does come out next year it appears Martin has got his act together.

As i said Book 3 is being split into 2 seasons and Feast and Dragon take place at the same time so they will probably combine those 2 for another 2 seasons and word is the next book is going to be as big as Storm so that could be another 2 seasons and then the last book.

It was just after season 1 someone from HBO said the company was very happy with the show and it could go on forever but of course times change.

And George R.R Martin recently signed a TV deal with them as well and has hinted at the 3 spin off books being bought to TV at some point.

Also an extended version of the trailer is due today \:D/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't know if this is just an irrational concern of mine but the kids... won't they get too old? I mean I haven't read the books (and don't plan to so I can just enjoy the show) but it seems like that might be a problem. Not a big one but still.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 pm

They made them all older for the show anyways so it won't be a problem apart from Bran who won't be able to be carried just about everywhere like he is in the books. ;-)

For instance Daenerys Targaryen is around 13 in the first book while Emilia Clarke is mid 20's. And if they had had her at the proper age most her scenes in season 1 would have had to be cut or heavily changed.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 pm

It all depends on ratings, or I guess in HBO's case the number of subscriptions. As long as it remains this popular, they should be able to finish the rest of the story.

R.R Martin even told the producers the ending in case he passes before they get to the end. So everything is very tightly secured.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic