Dream Jobs... Let Me Help You

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dream Jobs... Let Me Help You

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Spokane wrote:Those that's what Tom makes his hot dogs out of. :-o

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 pm

That's easy, any fucker you see with food, snatch it off em and eat it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, people tend to leave all sorts of things on trains behind, like jizz juice.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Sailors? wrote:Of course I will be happy to show you, but it probably won't be complete until sometime next year, as it's my final BIG project for University and counts for a lot so I need to put as much time into it as possible. I've started it now and it's not due until around May next year. That being said I have no problem creating the music for any of your projects in the future, I'd be more than happy to. I have access to all the equipment I need to create a soundtrack similar to the example you've shown. So if you have any material CURRENTLY that you wanted to send me I could start putting some music to it if you'd like.

Sounds good. Tell you what, how about this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ruTn97zCM[/youtube]

This is part of a visual storyboard for a short film I never got the chance to actually make. We can correspond over PM or Skype so we can bounce ideas back and forth. I'm open to any and all suggestions, anything that's best for the scene.

Basically, I want to see if we can turn this piece of crap into something more interesting with the soundtrack alone. I'd argue that music is one of the most important elements and helped films like Star Wars go from cheesy B-movie fare to a grand epic. Whatever you make, i'll upload a new version on my channel and you can upload one for yours too if you have one and i'll give you proper credit.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby LawXiu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Sailors? wrote:Also to LawXiu my uncle is a pilot who flies commercial jets. I can't give you his contact details but I can ask him any questions if you'd like me to. I believe it takes around 7 years to get a license to fly commercial jets and a lot of money. But it pays off, (Should see his house.)

Thanks but I know I really can't afford to do it. Mitz mentioned loans but my credit history isn't good and I don't have a property to secure it against. I'm not sure if I can get a student load as I'm 28 already.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

LawXiu wrote:
Sailors? wrote:Also to LawXiu my uncle is a pilot who flies commercial jets. I can't give you his contact details but I can ask him any questions if you'd like me to. I believe it takes around 7 years to get a license to fly commercial jets and a lot of money. But it pays off, (Should see his house.)

Thanks but I know I really can't afford to do it. Mitz mentioned loans but my credit history isn't good and I don't have a property to secure it against. I'm not sure if I can get a student load as I'm 28 already.

I would of thought as long as it was a university education it wouldn't be a problem. If not you could apply about a 'career development' loan.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Never heard of that one before.

Mitz got me thinking last night and I went to a local college website looking at part time courses. There's a couple there but they're over £700. It would probably take me nearly a year to save that.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sailors? » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

look into all the grants and loans you might be able to receive.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

The college I went to offers financing for courses. Was yours not the same?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:19 pm

There was no mention of it on the site. Maybe I need to walk in there and ask.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Be the best option. Chances are you could speak to a lecturer whilst you're there, too..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:27 pm

LawXiu wrote:Never heard of that one before.

Mitz got me thinking last night and I went to a local college website looking at part time courses. There's a couple there but they're over £700. It would probably take me nearly a year to save that.

why don't you get a weekend job? you could make that money in a few months, if not better in a year rather than never
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby LawXiu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:56 pm

I already work every other weekend. It os overtime though which is a bonus.

Think I'll look for college open days.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

GEN2GEN was something I was hiding for some time as a logo for the website I wanted to do. A website for collectors. I did have in mind a few creative ideas for the forums. I just don't know how to code or design. If Yukio had time like the old days I would pay him. But he is moving on with his life. Bysby is gone so don't know anyone that could do it. I want my website to be a tracker for games and consoles(for your collection like RF generation in my sig). Video content. Acrticle pieces. Forums to have a leveling up aspect for members like a RPG. Banned members would have a depleted HP bar and say "GAME OVER" Stuff like that. I want GEN2GEN to be bigger. While I can't work a real job this is what I want to do. I can only do so much as part of the dojo. I want to move on at some point to be honest.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LawXiu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Bluecast wrote:GEN2GEN was something I was hiding for some time as a logo for the website I wanted to do. A website for collectors. I did have in mind a few creative ideas for the forums. I just don't know how to code or design. If Yukio had time like the old days I would pay him. But he is moving on with his life. Bysby is gone so don't know anyone that could do it. I want my website to be a tracker for games and consoles(for your collection like RF generation in my sig). Video content. Acrticle pieces. Forums to have a leveling up aspect for members like a RPG. Banned members would have a depleted HP bar and say "GAME OVER" Stuff like that. I want GEN2GEN to be bigger. While I can't work a real job this is what I want to do. I can only do so much as part of the dojo. I want to move on at some point to be honest.

PM'd
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic