Goodbye everyone

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Goodbye everyone

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:38 pm

wait..
Martin was banned?
can't seem to remember it. thought he just left.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Spokane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Its been discussed a zillion times, he was banned and it was another controversial doing by the man in blue.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm

forget it then.
memory fails me.

liked the guy, that's all.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Anyone fancy telling me what the hell is going on? Nice one
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm

HappyKillmore wrote:Anyone fancy telling me what the hell is going on? Nice one

ryudo left and is no longer a mod after an argument about him advertising his forum in the wrong section, he demoted peter before leaving, since people have pretty much been voicing there opinions while waiting for yama to appoint new staff
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Neo Matrix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Not sure when i actually joined because i was part of the old school dojo under a different name.
My memory's fuzzy, but I think I was part of the old setup too. I remember printing Shenmue comics from a website we linked to and taking them to my Japanese class to see if I could get them translated, so it must have been at least 2001-2002.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:41 pm

south carmain wrote:
HappyKillmore wrote:Anyone fancy telling me what the hell is going on? Nice one

ryudo left and is no longer a mod after an argument about him advertising his forum in the wrong section, he demoted peter before leaving, since people have pretty much been voicing there opinions while waiting for yama to appoint new staff

Don't suppose you have a link to this carnage. I hate to be a bother, but you see i am a lazy prick.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 pm

south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm

i stress that that storm has passed, and this ship of fools is heading to calmer waters.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

south carmain wrote:http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=44851

Nice one mate.

Now, seeing as i've been away for a good year or so, here's my opinion as somewhat of an outsider. First off, Blue was always a good friend of mine when i was more active, so its a shame to see him in a situation such as this. I wish him the best of luck with his Disability money etc.

However, I think perhaps his desperation to promote his forum was his downfall. There are rules here and mods have to do what they feel is best, i often got slated for my decisions when i was a mod - even i, the great moderating genius that i am, was wrong in some instances.

Its my opinion that Peter was right to move the topic to creative, and Blue was wrong to move it back. That quote peter brought up of Blue quoting blog promotion should be in creative, and then fighting the other side of the argument when it benefits him, was wrong.

However, i think that Peter could could have been a bit more tactful in his reprimand, given Blue's situation.

I hope you guys get this sorted and we can move on.

You guys said this place needs a brighter future, well now its here, because i am back. :king:
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Jeebus

What's with all the drama?For a rather small forum this place sure does have quite a bit of it every now and then.Never had a problem with Ryudo,I sort of just skimmed through the topic where it all started but you demoting Peter was a low blow.Don't know why you decided to do that but I don't agree with your actions.

With that said...why can't we all get along?
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Man hates peace almost as much as he hates war. It is always only a matter of time before the next. It is our nature.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:01 am

My last post til I leave for a good while this alone as I was lurking. I saw something that irked me. I never once warned or banned anyone fore double posting. Never bothered me. Everyone did it and hurt nothing. That said I need to say one final thought. It's a shame me fucking up since I got sick ruined 9 years of good rep. Before 2011 many liked me as mod and admin. In fact man stood up for me when Yama took over. I even did many nice deeds for the site after Yama took over. However I was sick esp mentally and only now starting to get a handle on it. The sickness took over and felt like huge weight on my back since 2011. Yet I kept going as it was all I knew here. 2011-2012 to be blunt I fucked up. Just wish it didn't ruin the 9 years. So one last apology for the sickness affecting you. Now those weights are gone.

In 2005 I left SD for a year in favor of HD to get a new challenge and get away from the stress and drama that was SD. I am doing the same now. Just now with my own forums. Lawxiu came at a miracle time. With my site up and working hard on it. I feel for the first time in long long time free. Like how I used to be as a mod. Relaxed no stress no pressure. Yama gave me his blessing and even joined. That means more than you know Yama
How I used to be and how I am again there. Working with a staff closely daily to improve the site with minor to major details. That's how it was at HD. It's a peaceful feeling. So it's a new beginning. Sorry that 1 year of my being sick fucked so many things up. Still love you guys and more cool than the other day. Also relieved. I hope to see more of you at my place. Also for new mods I want to put my hat in for 3 people I know can do it. 2 of them have been mods here before and admins. The other is a guy that has been good at stepping in and cooling people down. Sonikku,Bambi & Brothaman. See y'all in the future...maybe the year 3000.(someone get that joke)
Last edited by Bluecast on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 am

For better or worse a lot of usernames were unbanned, some by choice others by luck due to the system overriding legitimate IP's with banned ones. Nevertheless, I'm willing to give most members another shot, though on a one strike basis if they were banned legitimately. Feel free to let anyone you feel should know... know.

Blue keeping it classy. Much love as always. :heart:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am

Dino
QWERTY
TEEPO
The Edge
Gboy

They were dead set to destroy the community.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic