Goodbye everyone

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Goodbye everyone

Postby HappyKillmore » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm

I think we should all bully FRASIER and see if we can get him to leave
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Sailors? » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm hoping he comes back sometime ^
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ys » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 pm

silent killer wrote:sooo....

Does this make me the oldest member here now?

Probably not. I'm a couple of years older than Bluecast :P Regarding the situation. My first thoughts were : again? #-o
As I wrote in another topic : this place has had its share of power abuse and frankly, petty drama. And honestly, for some reason it's a little tiresome to see after all these years. Maybe it's just me but back then the community felt more as a whole. Sure there was some big drama with people leaving at one time but something feels different now. I don't know. Some kind of bitterness that I can't describe.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sailors? » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:07 pm

We're OK now. Welcome back.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

ys wrote:

Probably not. I'm a couple of years older than Bluecast :P Regarding the situation. My first thoughts were : again? #-o
As I wrote in another topic : this place has had its share of power abuse and frankly, petty drama. And honestly, for some reason it's a little tiresome to see after all these years. Maybe it's just me but back then the community felt more as a whole. Sure there was some big drama with people leaving at one time but something feels different now. I don't know. Some kind of bitterness that I can't describe.

I think this place may finally be on the rise again! At least for a few more months.

Also could we maybe contact AxM and Jeff (even if people dont like him) and let them know that it's safe to come back?
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

He's probably one of the 240 guests that frequently appear on the site
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm

ys wrote:

If you would read some of my postings you would understand that it was hard to pull such triggers early on, which quite frankly, is what lead to this. Instead of trying to make everyone happy (a lot of the same members that asked for one person to stay are some of the same people calling for their head, mind you), I'm simply going to do what is right. I'd rather a handful cry for a day or two and return to a properly balanced and cohesive website than a cesspool of filth, plain and simple. The redesign was a new take on things, but the heart still needed surgery. The surgery is complete. How do I know this? The entire community is fresh, newcomers and vets alike and everyone is on the same page. It is going to stay like this, for good. So enjoy. Less doubting and sulking, more posting.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:QWERTY was another rage-ban by Ryudo. He should come back. He was undercover as 'smp' for a while and I didn't see any problems when no-one knew it was him..

AxM, Jeff, dotsona?

Yea Qwerty wasn't a rageban he was stirring up trouble with a few people.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/agenc ... 858d5.html

In terms of Axm and Jeff, Axm could have always come back (and if he's reading this he should so that I can hug him) he argued more with Riku then with Bluecast. Jeff, well for dear Jeff it'll never be truly "safe" to post atleast one person is going to be on his back.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Probably ignorance on my part, but I just remember Q criticising Ryudo's lifestyle as if he was just lazy. Can't say whether he knew about his condition or not but it's never Ryudo's fault for taking it the wrong way :-P
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Probably ignorance on my part, but I just remember Q criticising Ryudo's lifestyle as if he was just lazy. Can't say whether he knew about his condition or not but it's never Ryudo's fault for taking it the wrong way :-P

If you're gunna criticize him for his mistakes sure, he did a lot of things that weren't right. Want to bring those up, then thats cool because those were really his mistakes but you can't blame Qwerty or Axm on him. Thats the thing, he screwed up as a mod and its fine everyone airs their grievances shit he even snapped on me a bunch of times, but I think we should all play fair and not act like he was the source of all the forums troubles.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Coby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

ryuo he was a cool guy until last year. then he went crazy lol
Last edited by Coby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coby
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:If you're gunna criticize him for his mistakes sure, he did a lot of things that weren't right. Want to bring those up, then thats cool because those were really his mistakes but you can't blame Qwerty or Axm on him. Thats the thing, he screwed up as a mod and its fine everyone airs their grievances shit he even snapped on me a bunch of times, but I think we should all play fair and not act like he was the source of all the forums troubles.

Nah, I'm not trying to put a whole lot of blame on him for everything don't worry about that. QWERTY and especially Martin from my point of view were really un-justified bans. I don't even know if Q is unbanned but hope he comes back again if he is.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Outside of a very select few, almost everyone is un-banned. If those who were legitimately banned come back to stir up any kind of trouble though, it'll be a lifetime vacation. This is not just a new start, but a clean start and I plan to keep it that way.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Coby wrote:ryuo he was a cool guy until last year. then he went crazy lol

:-k Coby eh?

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:If you're gunna criticize him for his mistakes sure, he did a lot of things that weren't right. Want to bring those up, then thats cool because those were really his mistakes but you can't blame Qwerty or Axm on him. Thats the thing, he screwed up as a mod and its fine everyone airs their grievances shit he even snapped on me a bunch of times, but I think we should all play fair and not act like he was the source of all the forums troubles.

Nah, I'm not trying to put a whole lot of blame on him for everything don't worry about that. QWERTY and especially Martin from my point of view were really un-justified bans. I don't even know if Q is unbanned but hope he comes back again if he is.

Yeah those two were my main concerns as well. I think Qwerty said to "get off your fat ass and get a job" (his way of being inspirational) or something like that and Ryudo said he was attacking his medical condition and banned him. It didn't quite make sense.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:
Coby wrote:ryuo he was a cool guy until last year. then he went crazy lol

:-k Coby eh?

Fixed.

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:Yeah those two were my main concerns as well. I think Qwerty said to "get off your fat ass and get a job" (his way of being inspirational) or something like that and Ryudo said he was attacking his medical condition and banned him. It didn't quite make sense.

What I meant by unjustified. Martin was banned over complaining about signature sizes..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic