Goodbye everyone

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Goodbye everyone

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 am

Don't worry, the necessary bans are still intact. Haha.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby KiBa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 am

For anyone who does not yet know what happened, and does not want to read through it all, here is a short summary for your convenience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZU-XqVqI6c&t=05m30s

MiTT3NZ wrote:I have my theories about KiBa. Machine? No. Native American soul haunting the Dojo? Could be... But more than likely he's the non-living embodiment of all our sub-consciences manifested in message board post form in order to torment us.

In your own words
MiTT3NZ wrote:It's all there in black and white, really, you just need to look at it.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Coby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 am

:shock:
Bluecast wrote:My last post til I leave for a good while this alone as I was lurking. I saw something that irked me. I never once warned or banned anyone fore double posting. Never bothered me. Everyone did it and hurt nothing. That said I need to say one final thought. It's a shame me fucking up since I got sick ruined 9 years of good rep. Before 2011 many liked me as mod and admin. In fact man stood up for me when Yama took over. I even did many nice deeds for the site after Yama took over. However I was sick esp mentally and only now starting to get a handle on it. The sickness took over and felt like huge weight on my back since 2011. Yet I kept going as it was all I knew here. 2011-2012 to be blunt I fucked up. Just wish it didn't ruin the 9 years. So one last apology for the sickness affecting you. Now those weights are gone.

In 2005 I left SD for a year in favor of HD to get a new challenge and get away from the stress and drama that was SD. I am doing the same now. Just now with my own forums. Lawxiu came at a miracle time. With my site up and working hard on it. I feel for the first time in long long time free. Like how I used to be as a mod. Relaxed no stress no pressure. Yama gave me his blessing and even joined. That means more than you know Yama
How I used to be and how I am again there. Working with a staff closely daily to improve the site with minor to major details. That's how it was at HD. It's a peaceful feeling. So it's a new beginning. Sorry that 1 year of my being sick fucked so many things up. Still love you guys and more cool than the other day. Also relieved. I hope to see more of you at my place. Also for new mods I want to put my hat in for 3 people I know can do it. 2 of them have been mods here before and admins. The other is a guy that has been good at stepping in and cooling people down. Sonikku,Bambi & Brothaman. See y'all in the future...maybe the year 3000.(someone get that joke)
Coby
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 am

I always try to see the good in people, though sometimes I wonder if I occasionally see more than what is there. I was friends with Teepo for a long time, but when faced with what he thought was his inevitable removal as mod with Hell deferring some decision making back to Babs, it was though he just plain snapped. Perhaps he was always like that underneath and the more likable qualities I admired were the result of a need for appearances under social checks and balances, but after those checks were lost it was as though he felt he might as well just "go for broke" with his abusive behavior as a result of having nothing more to lose in terms of respect.

Then you have Alien Dude (QWERTY as he came to be called I guess) I never quite... was on the best of terms with him. He was often on the side of what I might call to be opinionated, but I still occasionally saw some genuine thought and interesting discussion in his posts. But things just keep getting pushed and pushed and eventually you can't ignore blatantly offensive and abusing behavior any longer, I've banned him a couple times myself now. But I always regret when it is necessary. Sometimes I just wish people could just get along and be at least semi-respectable of people enough to not resort to personal attacks. The biggest challenge I think in being "that guy" in a leadership position is in striking that delicate balance of keeping order while simultaneously trying not to trample over peoples individuality and personality in their posting style.

I tend to think it's for the best that both are still banned (I'm afraid I don't quite remember the others listed well enough to comment) but I still do hope they are doing alright wherever they are, as I do everybody that I don't think is genuinely trying to go out of their way to be malicious just because. Though they may not have a place at the dojo, I still find myself wishing them well. :) Hopefully acquiring happiness in a way that does not stipulate leaching it away from others as a prerequisite. As for you Ryudo, I'm glad you've found a project you can pour your passion into. :) I know you can be emotional at times, partly due to all the terrible healthcare woes you bravely face everyday, but that has not diminished 9 years of respect in my eyes. I think of you like a younger sibling and earnestly hope some time away to get your bearings does you some good and gives you some peace. :heart:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

Nah, QWERTY weren't dead set on destoying anything, he loves this place. It's just that if you fucked with him (you being a mod or admin), he'd make damn well sure you knew he could do.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

Yama wrote:For better or worse a lot of usernames were unbanned, some by choice others by luck due to the system overriding legitimate IP's with banned ones. Nevertheless, I'm willing to give most members another shot, though on a one strike basis if they were banned legitimately. Feel free to let anyone you feel should know... know.

Blue keeping it classy. Much love as always. :heart:

Could we maybe get a list of names so we know who to contact? :D
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

weren't most of these members banned years ago? if so then maybe we should hear what they have to say first before judging them behind their backs like this, a bit unfair if you ask me
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:21 am

Not in TheEdge's case. He was just a paranoid, racist, conspiracy nut. If you search the internet, you'll actually find posts of his condemning the Dojo community. Even on sites completely unrelated to video games. The guy was absolutely mental. Then again, I don't think I helped his sanity...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

QWERTY was another rage-ban by Ryudo. He should come back. He was undercover as 'smp' for a while and I didn't see any problems when no-one knew it was him..

AxM, Jeff, dotsona?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:33 am

Axm got banned? Wtf? And Jeff was just a gimp, the Dojo's better off without him (I actually got my first ever "thanks" by insulting his 'live-action Shenmue' pictures)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am

Not sure if banned but he's left for some obscure reason I remember..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:Not in TheEdge's case. He was just a paranoid, racist, conspiracy nut. If you search the internet, you'll actually find posts of his condemning the Dojo community. Even on sites completely unrelated to video games. The guy was absolutely mental. Then again, I don't think I helped his sanity...

ah well there are a lot of crazy people on the internet, but the others seem pretty sane to me, opinionated and argumentative yes (except teepo who took it a bit further) but not as if they wanted to destroy the place
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Coby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 am

i remember teepo guy, he deleted every topic over 1 page then banned other mods and people one day for no reason
Coby

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:QWERTY was another rage-ban by Ryudo. He should come back. He was undercover as 'smp' for a while and I didn't see any problems when no-one knew it was him..

AxM, Jeff, dotsona?

AxM got in a rage about the wiki page as it made fun of him.
Jeff left because people made fun of him.

Neither where banned I believe.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I would think as people get older they would realize not to take too much seriously. They are monkeys living on an organic spaceship floating through space.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic