Goodbye everyone

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Goodbye everyone

Postby Spokane » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

I like him. I want him back. I don't care what you think.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Sailors? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Okay doke.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Bluecast wrote:i can't work at all. I get too tired too quickly plus my anxiety would not deal. Even cashier job I would be asleep after an hour and go home. Also I plan to be a Youtube Partner. You can make money that way. The site is directly linked with my channel. Even my lawyer is with me on this. Also know I'm saving up for japan. If it ever happens. At first I geta lump sum with 9 months to spend but after that it's a monthly check of about 600-700$ I get a large check at first because it's retro active from the day I applied 2 years ago.

Are you allergic to cats?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Takumi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:It's because of Cabin Fever. And no that's not a joke, I'm being deadly serious.

Goin back about a year ago, I was broke as fuck, me n the missus had to live at her mam's gaff it was that bad. No money for goin out, no money for new games, DVDs, barely any cigs/tobacco, all we had was four walls and our phones in a boring little flat in the middle of nowhere. I'm actually surprised I'm still slightly sane.

Anyway, people tend to be exaggerated versions of themselves on the internet, and are used to a great deal of freedom. So, if you're in an enclosed space all the time (as I assume Ryudo is), always sticking to the same website, with the same people around, with no other interaction except for shit to do with his health and NPCs in video games, that kinda shit's gonna happen.

You can also draw comparisons with council estates and cul de sacs. Council estates, small and enclosed, not much money so not much freedom, scrotes, leads to constant drama. Cul de sacs are large, open avenues and crescents n shit with big houses, big gardens, loads of space, good deal of money, meaning more freedom, proper peaceful places.

Like I said the last time round, this is a community, and there's not much else to the site besides ourselves, so we are essentially a council estate. No matter what setting or format, social rules apply to everything, and that's what we've been seeing. Notice how people talk about "the good ol' days"? More people, more to discuss and look at (Shenmue-wise), other places to go on the site... And nowadays, people say this is practically the only online-based community they're part of.

It's all there in black and white, really, you just need to look at it.

I don't really have any context in relation to what's occurred here (why the topic started), but Mittenz seems to make the most sense of anyone that's posted here in the last few years (besides his cockney gibberish, at times I don't know wtf he's talking about).

+1 for Mittenz becoming the leader of this forum (whatever the hell that even means..)

And Spokane, you should shoot up to Seattle sometime and we could bust out a Shen sesh in my basement.

^
That sounds a lot more perverted than I intended.

- Dave
Takumi
Tomato Store Employee
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: xilezor
Currently playing: Shenmue I PAL

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:14 am

It means a different inmate got the keys to the asylum my friend.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Thief » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 am

I swear if most of these arguments went on in pm's things wouldn't be so dramatic. I hate to see anyone leave.
Last edited by Thief on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 am

I see...
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 am

Cockney? COCKNEY!?!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Neo Matrix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 am

Calm down, I assume most people outside the UK only see the "posh "and "cockney" accents. I'm sure we'd confuse a Texan with someone from New Orleans.

As for the topic, I tend to dodge the drama so I have no idea what's gone on, but from the outside looking in it seems a LOT of people are emotionally invested in what's happened.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby lavrentis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 am

It's bad though being called a cockney to be fair
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:38 am

It depends on how involved in this little community you are. I mean, internet or not, we're all still people, and people create drama. How long has this place been goin now? Ten years? That's a long time chattin with the same guys n occasional gal(s), you're eventually gonna grow to like certain members, or dare I say it, consider them friends.

Shit, I first appeared here about six or seven years ago, and whilst I wouldn't consider any of you my best or closest friends (THAT would be stupid), I still give a shit about a lot of you, and would listen to what certain people have to say over one of my "IRL" mates.

It ain't about bein invested emotionally, it's about bein human. People tend to forget that the internet's just the medium between communication. Friends, family, acquaintances, etc. fall out over texts, emails, phone calls, social media messages all the time. Is a forum any different?

And any argument about never meeting eachother is invalid. Whilst physical presence is a factor in social interaction (again "irl"), it isn't essential, so although I still think the whole "move the topic and I die" thing was ridiculous, people can be forgiven for reacting in any other way than "Don't worry, it's only the internet... LOL!", because that's just human nature, and you can't help it.

If you're a robot though, then yeah, you're bein ridiculous.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:If you're a robot though, then yeah, you're bein ridiculous.

So how do we handle Kiba?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 am

I have my theories about KiBa. Machine? No. Native American soul haunting the Dojo? Could be... But more than likely he's the non-living embodiment of all our sub-consciences manifested in message board post form in order to torment us.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:24 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:I have my theories about KiBa. Machine? No. Native American soul haunting the Dojo? Could be... But more than likely he's the non-living embodiment of all our sub-consciences manifested in message board post form in order to torment us.

Nah the dojo used up it's native american tokens when I re-joined.

an amalgam of our eccentricities and disorders, now that I can believe.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 am

Hahahah.... cockney.
Sailors?
Still searching...