My first ever post on the Dojo...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: My first ever post on the Dojo...

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

i was Berto before ThyDarkAngel on the old Dojo.
not tech savvy enough to know if it's even possible to get my first post brought together.
it would be cool though. and probably embarrassing. i was a wee lad on my school's library computer.

awesome topic idea.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:11 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:i was Berto before ThyDarkAngel on the old Dojo.
not tech savvy enough to know if it's even possible to get my first post brought together.
it would be cool though. and probably embarrassing. i was a wee lad on my school's library computer.

awesome topic idea.

berto wrote:If you want really mas, really complex bass played at neck-break speed try looking for any of Cradle of Filth. :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1166&p=29302#p29302
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=107&p=1534#p1534

That was back when I first joined the new dojo and squashed my enemies with great walls of text and spelling errors, as opposed to killing them with kindness like I do today. :oops:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

south carmain wrote:

awesome topic idea.

berto wrote:If you want really mas, really complex bass played at neck-break speed try looking for any of Cradle of Filth. :twisted:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 302#p29302

whaaa?

:D

such a boring post if it wasn't for Cradle.
can't even understand the first half!

thanks, south!
Last edited by ThyDarkAngel on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Ha, good thread idea. Some of these first posts are brilliant. Here's mine:

Hi guys I have decided that due to the news of ryo appearing in the sega racing game, we should kick off 2010 with kick start to the campaign, on the 1st of of january if you could all just take a couple of minutes out of your time to e mail any branch of sega this would be much appreciated even if you only email them a simple sentace showing your support.

I know this has been done before, but please remember no matter what anyone says,game companies make games that fans demand so dont give up. Also next year I am thinking about getting some shenmue 3 campaign related t shirts printed, and freely destributing them around London. 2010 will be the year of change, even if its the year the gears only just start turning. Any support is very much appreciated

Thank you for your support, we dont have long to orgainise this so I apologise

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40325

lol, I was always on the campaign tip. It's just that my own ideas weren't very good.

Ah, dec 09, the moment the gears started turning...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:35 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:
south carmain wrote:

awesome topic idea.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 302#p29302

whaaa?

:D

such a boring post if it wasn't for Cradle.
can't even understand the first half!

thanks, south!

the plot thickens.

that's not me!

only two posts and first console Gamecube?
not even close.

but another berto that likes Cradle!
cool!

I was Berto, or was it BERTO, standard LotR Balrog avatar and we're talking over a decade ago.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 pm

You need to get your past in order man.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm

might it be i have been living a lie all this years and i was raised a Nintendo boy??!!

edit: actually, upon further inspection, the guy says that the Gamecube was he's first non Sega console not first console. mine first non Sega was the PS2, then Xbox.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 pm

...I can't seem to find my first account. Must've been deleted. Anyway, here's my first posts from my following accounts:

Mittens II wrote:First of all, it's good to be back. Even though I know none o yasll remember me...

Anyway, here's why it's gonna be NiGHTS for the Wii:

- Condemned may have a loyal fanbase, but the game hasn't reached cult status. I think it's safe to say that that's what they were getting at with the announcement.
- Ever since Sonic Adventure, SEGA have been throwing NiGHTS a cameo appearance here and there. Now that a console's out of the perfect fit for the style of gameplay (the Wii if you're a bit blazed), they know it's time.
- Shenmue III is too big for SEGA to handle yet, let alone tease a very angry crowd about. They need to really get back to the very top of the pack (and I mean financially) before they can cope with both 3 & Online.
- Plus, with the development of Shenmue Online, there may have to be changes made to the remaining... what is it? 12 chapters? Anyway, point is, Yu may be re-writing it to fit in with Shenmue's online world, which would mean we'd have to wait 'til it's finished. And we don't even know if he'd finished writing the whole thing anyway.

However, looking at the Shenmue Online trailer, it is obvious that Suzuki has developed the story a lot more, and may have got carried away to the point of thinkin "fuck it, I love it, they want it, let's do it". Hopefully the child inside him has kicked him in de nuuuttzz, and the man inside him has realised just how much power he has at SEGA and decided to do something about it.

I do believe looking at Shenmue Online that it is the right time for Shenmue III, but that could just be coz I'm like you lot and feel a gapin hole in my heart where the next installment should fit.

Despite puttin the downer on youz though, I'm gonna stay optimistic in my heart, but be a very realistic pessimist in my mind.

EDIT: ...or who knows? Maybe it could be an unexpected game like Sonic Adventure 3. Now that would be good if they really put their mind to it...

DJ F wrote:Just subtitles.

Mitts'End wrote:Sorry munichs, you lose.

The Laugh wrote:You make me sad. :(

|The King in Yellow| wrote:Hip-Hop

MiTT3NZ wrote:Birty2k: First person I ever spoke to on here, and appropriately so considering the guy's a Blue. Just such a shame the guy's from bleedin Ashton...

Clint: The Dojo Muscle, and guaranteed to out-shout you in an argument.

Erin: She gave us the lump of turd that is Shenmue Zero, but she's still cool.

FRAISER: The straight man to my act. Couldn't have become such a character without him. You'd be surprised to know that he's actually an alright guy. And still sane too.

GREATMADMAN: Possibly the only moderator on this whole site that takes his position seriously. If he wasn't such an advocate of the BNP, I'd be okay with the guy having power.

Hazuki Legend: The one guy who you know you can party with. The only thing is, between the hottie and the uggo, guaranteed this guy will be the one who gets the hottie.

Henry Spencer: Dude's so laid back it's a joke. He's just that guy who's always sat on the settee, not always paying attention, but always noticed.

Joe Pesci: Who could ever forget this guy? His name is perfect. Just like that scene with Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. He'll bully the fuck outta you. He'll make you feel uneasy, insecure, and ready to jump on the suicide train, but at the end of the day, he's just fuckin wit ya!

Kenny: The Dojo Spielberg. Still awaiting his big-screen adaptation of the Shenmue Dojo.

Kiba: Similar to Joe Pesci, but he won't insult you. No. He'll insult your beliefs. He's a Christian with an Atheist mentality. Yet, again, he's just fucking wit ya! Or is he...? Oh, and no one can write a post longer than his.

Kiyuu: The Sensei of the Dojo. Nobody is more knowledgeable on the game that brought us together. Sometimes I think she is the living embodiment of Suzuki-san's masterpiece.

Martin: Rarely puts in an appearance, but when he does, he always has something worthwhile to say. I actually rate him as the smartest dude on here, as he's got that perfect blend of intelligence and common sense, and both come in high doses. Man, if I were a faggot...

NeoShredder: First guy I had a flame battle with. Not surprising really, considering I had a chav-esque photo for my profile picture, and he was - and still is - Daniel Radcliffe's stand-in for the Harry Potter films.

Orange Lightning: When we move, this guy needs a custom profile. He deserves it. His subtle, loveable arrogance is something that this place can't live without.

Riku: Cool kid. If I ever had to take on a protege, I reckon I'd pick this guy. He has a lot of potential.

Ryudo: What can I say? The dude pretty much owns the Dojo, whether you like him or not.

SpringChick: Never really interacted with my Technicolour Sister too much, but she's cool. Plus, we don't have many girls on here, so let's thank fuck for the fact that she's a hottie.

Yusuke: Haven't know the kid too long, but he's still a legend by default. He's the kinda character that certifies a forum as a haven.

TEEPO: A legend before my time. Can't believe I was ready to go text toe to toe text with him.

VGAce: The last of the (actual) moderators. Took his job even more seriously than GREATMADMAN. Never liked the guy, but he deserves a shout-out in the wake of his extinction.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Birty, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:02 pm

wude wrote:
If u were a Shenmue character...

hazuki ryo,or the guy in my avatar

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34730&p=793233#p793233

Heyy that was in one of my topics I put up a while ago XD . I'm gonna find my first post.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

shenmuekidsx wrote:Do any of you have mgs 3 online accounts? If so post ur username so i can vs u sometime. :D

First post ever and not even about shenmue. "Sure here's my MSG account " said no one ever.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:the voice acting is some of the worst I have seen.. but it makes sense via how huge and how many people the game has in it... I wouldnt wanna pay that much for good voice actors if i could get cheaper ones... so yeah Japanese reigns over english... now question about it besides I like going through Shenmue as Yu Suzuki originally wanted it to be heard but I ma used to japanese cause of all the anime I watch... ;)

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=1584

my first post on the new forums, who knows what my actual first post on the old forums was though.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 pm

A "Where did you buy S2?" topic. About 9 years ago. I was 13, and although my first post doesn't suggest much, I was mostly incoherent for several years.

Lan Di-sama wrote:local store called endless entertainment had an import, I almost died when they said yes over the phone. Only 40 bucks too.

That store closed :cry: The only legitimate non-chain gaming store I've ever been to. It was actually family owned and not run by sketchy douche noodles who are trying to make a quick buck off used electronics. Their website had character bios of all the staff, it was hysterical...saw the guy who sold me that copy of Shenmue 2 working at EB Games several years ago, poor guy :sad:
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Bluecast wrote: Hi new here! :)

The first time I heard about it was in a magizine (no longer printed) called nextgen I saw and read about it back in 1998 and I wanted the game that moment I read about it.

I now just love the series even though the first one is my fave.
I do think it was cool of Sega to include footage of the saturn shenmue (never released) on the Xbox version after you beat the Game.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4555&p=128602#p128602
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Birty » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Birty2k: First person I ever spoke to on here, and appropriately so considering the guy's a Blue. Just such a shame the guy's from bleedin Ashton...

Haha I completely forgot about that post until now!

Birty wrote: Yeh Iwao great work, I really like this new design, much better than forumplanet. Anyway, I can't wait for the flood gates to open on this one! :P

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15&p=92#p92

I think I was congratulating him on the new "Phoenix Theme". I do miss it I gotta admit...it's so dark around here nowadays! ;-)
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic