So, yea, Tony Scott....

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: So, yea, Tony Scott....

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Spokane wrote:Maybe one or two, not the majority. Even then you know your going to die and the bag is just false hope.

panicking makes people believe anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they convinced themselves they were going to somehow survive
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Stocke » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Stocke wrote:
Spokane wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:Latest report is saying he was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.

Yeah, that looks to be the most likely reason. He wanted his life to end on his own terms and not succumb to cancer.

It takes alot of courage to take your own life. I Couldn't imagine making the choice of letting your illness take you slowly and painfully, or ending it early while you still had the ability to do so.

Sorry don't agree with that. 9/10 that's a cowards way out.

In this case i suppose he had the choice, slow and painful or get it over with quickly.

Of course suicide can be the cowards way out. Not disagreeing with that.

But take people who are fighting for assisted suicides into account. I remember a story where a severely disabled woman in her 50's or something, wheel chair bound, managed to throw herself into a river because she simply couldn't live with the pain anymore. Can you imagine the courage it must of taken to do that?

I'd hate to be stuck in tremendous pain, and not be able to do anything about it.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Stocke wrote:But take people who are fighting for assisted suicides into account. I remember a story where a severely disabled woman in her 50's or something, wheel chair bound, managed to throw herself into a river because she simply couldn't live with the pain anymore. Can you imagine the courage it must of taken to do that?

I'd hate to be stuck in tremendous pain, and not be able to do anything about it.

A friend told me a similar story. Woman tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge and the wind swept her into the rocks. Paralysed from the neck down and wheelchair bound.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:09 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Stocke wrote:But take people who are fighting for assisted suicides into account. I remember a story where a severely disabled woman in her 50's or something, wheel chair bound, managed to throw herself into a river because she simply couldn't live with the pain anymore. Can you imagine the courage it must of taken to do that?

A friend told me a similar story. Woman tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge and the wind swept her into the rocks. Paralysed from the neck down and wheelchair bound.

This is terrible of me but for some reason I read both thinking it was the same person.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Family say the brain cancer stuffs not true

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/mo ... amily-says
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Spokane » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 am

Stupid false news. The media jumped the gun again I see.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Joe Pesci » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 am

Spokane wrote:Stupid false news. The media jumped the bridge again I see.

fixed.

Joe Pesci has received a thanks from: Spokane
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Previous

Return to Off Topic