North Korea parades fake missles

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: North Korea parades fake missles

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm

N. Korea's Missle Program:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX39r3Asgcw[/youtube]
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby nzk0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Axm wrote:
nzk0 wrote:
Axm wrote: Yes. By design they want their country to see that Kim Jong Ill and now Un, oversee every aspect of life. That they are responsible and in control of everything. Unless ofcourse its something negative, in that case blame other countries and continue starving people in concentration camps while hemorrhaging every cent into the military.

Except now we can say they cant even do that properly. What a fucking shame that country is in.
Sad part is it really cant be fixed externally, even with war. Millions would die, South Korea and China would be flooded with illegal immigrants.
The only safe way that wouldn't harm other countries in the process is if the North surrendered to South Korea. (fat chance), if they initiated massive reforms (fat chance), or if the people rose up in revolution (even fatter chance).
People will continue to be brain washed and die there for decades to come. Theirs no end in sight.

It'll most likely end over time. In the same way the Cuban regime will most likely end when Fidel dies or when Raul dies.

In North Korea's case, Kim Jong Un has already married and is working on kids. Just like his fathers before him. It's a idealist communist hereditary dictatorship and could still continue for generations to come at this point.

With Cuba it's more likely something will change, but again, theirs family and the communist party that will continue to prop up a leader that meets castro's ideals if needed. Only Cuba doesnt have an army to back them up, leading me to believe they probably will crumble come Raul's death. That and also Cuba is actually on the way to real reform and away from hardline communism. The embargo will be lifted in due time when more oil production starts off the coast. And they have ALOT of oil in those waters. I know because ive studied it and been to seminars on cuba's economic reform.
North Korea doesnt have shit to offer the world besides possible slave labor. Which is already technically occuring between them and China.

Yeah but in Cubas case for example the idea of communism seems to become less and less appealing for them ... for example very recently they started importing cars again, something I don't think would have happened under Fidel. Also last time I went to Cuba I actually heard a bunch of people complaining about Communism, something I had never heard in my previous visits.

This Cuba situation just leads me to think that @ one point there will be a leader that will slack off with the Communism and it'll just die out ... who knows how long it'll take could take another 50 years but it could also take another 500 years :(
nzk0
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: nzk0
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Sleeping Dogs

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 pm

nzk0 wrote:
Axm wrote:
nzk0 wrote:
Axm wrote: Yes. By design they want their country to see that Kim Jong Ill and now Un, oversee every aspect of life. That they are responsible and in control of everything. Unless ofcourse its something negative, in that case blame other countries and continue starving people in concentration camps while hemorrhaging every cent into the military.

Except now we can say they cant even do that properly. What a fucking shame that country is in.
Sad part is it really cant be fixed externally, even with war. Millions would die, South Korea and China would be flooded with illegal immigrants.
The only safe way that wouldn't harm other countries in the process is if the North surrendered to South Korea. (fat chance), if they initiated massive reforms (fat chance), or if the people rose up in revolution (even fatter chance).
People will continue to be brain washed and die there for decades to come. Theirs no end in sight.

It'll most likely end over time. In the same way the Cuban regime will most likely end when Fidel dies or when Raul dies.

In North Korea's case, Kim Jong Un has already married and is working on kids. Just like his fathers before him. It's a idealist communist hereditary dictatorship and could still continue for generations to come at this point.

With Cuba it's more likely something will change, but again, theirs family and the communist party that will continue to prop up a leader that meets castro's ideals if needed. Only Cuba doesnt have an army to back them up, leading me to believe they probably will crumble come Raul's death. That and also Cuba is actually on the way to real reform and away from hardline communism. The embargo will be lifted in due time when more oil production starts off the coast. And they have ALOT of oil in those waters. I know because ive studied it and been to seminars on cuba's economic reform.
North Korea doesnt have shit to offer the world besides possible slave labor. Which is already technically occuring between them and China.

Yeah but in Cubas case for example the idea of communism seems to become less and less appealing for them ... for example very recently they started importing cars again, something I don't think would have happened under Fidel. Also last time I went to Cuba I actually heard a bunch of people complaining about Communism, something I had never heard in my previous visits.

This Cuba situation just leads me to think that @ one point there will be a leader that will slack off with the Communism and it'll just die out ... who knows how long it'll take could take another 50 years but it could also take another 500 years :(

I agree and you prove my same point for me. Yes Cuba is reforming. Meanwhile North Korea is not. Infact perpetually going in reverse. While they are similar in communist dicatorships, Cuba and North Korea are two very different countries and situations to be dealt with internationally.
North Korea has no comparison in the world. The government there is pure evil.
One could only compare them to a savagely dictated african country which genocides its people. Only North Korea has structure to the murder which to me is even worse.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby nzk0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Axm wrote:
nzk0 wrote:
Axm wrote:
nzk0 wrote:

I agree and you prove my same point for me. Yes Cuba is reforming. Meanwhile North Korea is not. Infact perpetually going in reverse. While they are similar in communist dicatorships, Cuba and North Korea are two very different countries and situations to be dealt with internationally.
North Korea has no comparison in the world. The government there is pure evil.
One could only compare them to a savagely dictated african country which genocides its people. Only North Korea has structure to the murder which to me is even worse.

I agree with you, North Korea is even more xenophobic and evil than the USSR was under Stalin for example. There's a documentary about some American dude who's WTFPWNED about visiting the DPKR. I would recommend watching it if you haven't seen it, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4[/youtube]
nzk0
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Ya ive seen that one. Love their work. Vice does good documentaries. Just saw the one they did for israeli settlers last night. I recommend that one too if you havent seen.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby nzk0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I haven't I'll give it a watch asap :)
nzk0
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk