Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Dorian wrote:I already sold a lot of my stuff. TDA went even further because he sold EVERYTHING once. But everybody wants something tangible. Selling what you hold dear - be it games or anything else - can work only for a little while. At a certain point, it becomes a cross too heavy to hold. Everybody has their own problems that come from more than just principles.

The only things I didn't sell was things that had no value. All my games, all my consoles, all the equipment I'd worked hard to buy for my business had to be sold and set me back three years. When it comes down to Survival vs Entertainment, the former always wins hands down.

@mue26: I helped a mate out when he moved to Switzerland. I didn't get him a job exactly, but I lined up a few interviews for him. I don't know the language, but I'm pretty charismatic, so I know how to talk to employers if I get a translator involved. As for the "become a criminal" thing, I wasn't saying become a drug dealer, I'm just saying that shit like fraud is an option (when it comes to companies, not people, obviously) And gettin sent to prison... That's a last resort, but there's plenty of homeless people who attempt it. The courts usually see through them though and only give them a short sentence. And they're usually released early due to prisons being overcrowded anyway. I may not know what prison's like in Portugal, but over here it's like a bleedin holiday!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:The only things I didn't sell was things that had no value. All my games, all my consoles, all the equipment I'd worked hard to buy for my business had to be sold and set me back three years. When it comes down to Survival vs Entertainment, the former always wins hands down.

Your cardinal sin is projecting yourself onto everybody and everything. There are no golden rules. Everyone lives differently, has different surroundings, different mentalities, different strengths and weaknesses. "Survival" is a hollow word in this context. One person can enjoy living as a scum and backstabber, somebody else can take his life just because he lost a job or failed to keep a promise. Enough with the dick waving contest.

TDA is an extremely intelligent person and he knows how to "survive" since he actual was homeless for a very long time. He doesn't need the general talk. He just have a really hard situation because Portugal is falling apart. I highly doubt that MiTT3NZ can find him any job from another country because this has nothing to do with charisma and eloquence. Portugal is on the verge of an economic breakdown similar to the one in Greece. TDA can't find a job because people there are getting fired, not hired.

He will need to look hard for a job personally, but that obviously takes time and that's where the Shenmue Dojo Fund plays its part.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm one of those guys who can do anything I set my mind to. Except maybe playin for City. Or time travel. Or takin a dump in a public toilet.

Still, don't underestimate the power of will. I never said I'd get him a job, but I will help him find one. Over here, I've got plenty of people jobs, and like I said I even managed to sort out a few interviews for my mate in Switzerland.

The lack of jobs in Portugal's just a challenge, and I fucking love challenges.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Well, you're being constructive and that's cool. I hope to see you finding/helping to find him a job from another country. It's just highly improbable in today's Portugal.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby KiBa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN6xemdjik[/youtube]

Wouldn't this be a great continuation of Harry Potter, where
magic somehow disappears from the world, and all the now powerless wizards are forced to integrate into muggle society, and this clip is of Harry struggling to adapt as he is frustrated by muggle technology, which constantly reminds him of the tragic limitations former wizards are now forced to endure, and Ginny is trying to deal with his increasing depression and anger, while trying to hold the family together, for the only thing that made him special is gone, and he ages into looking like Voldemort because he was his Horcrux for so long.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I'm one of those guys who can do anything I set my mind to.

This is true of everyone with a reasonably functional mind, the sin is, there are nowhere near enough people trying to fulfill their potential. I'm just as bad in a lot of ways, or worse, since I know "anything's possible", but don't do what I "could" be doing and what I should be doing...

This topic does make me feel lucky though, some people have had it tough...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Well, what are you good at? Or at least semi-decent at?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Dorian wrote: Ryudo, you were helped when you had a similar situation as TDA. Now that you're getting thousands of bucks and spending it on modern electronic toys, can't you help TDA? I'm sure he would repay you in the future.

Pretty much the only thing I agree with you here. And i'd be disappointed, Ryu, if you donate "a little" considering the amount you disclosed publicly, what you intended to spend with it, and the amount that was given to you in the past.

As with TDA's situation, the only thing I can say is exhaust all your good options. Even though he mentioned he was homeless in the past, obviously he posted his current situation here hoping he'd get some help otherwise he wouldn't have bothered. Though it sort of bothers me he said he lied to his girlfriend and landlord about his current situation...which I hope he's not doing here with us.

I can't give out as much as I did in the past but I don't mind doing it when the time comes. Can be put to better use than buying $5 games, $1200 TVs, and $12 movie tickets.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Well there isn't much left and the rest is in savings and 3 big bills coming up(including court fee's) also for groceries next month as I no longer have food stamps. Not like I just spent on a whim. I planned the money for months and months. SO I planned very strict and from here on out it's a fixed income. I don;t tell you people how to spend your earned money so don't try and lecture or tell me what to do with mine. Not like I have to do anything at all. I will donate what I can and set up the website but don't be critical of me because it's not your place to have any say or even an opinion.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Now I really wish I became that male slut in a German brothel.

I would have been able to send TDA his 500 euros and buy Ryudo a fridge of ice creams so that he would STFU.
I kid, I kid. As gloomy as the situation may be, jokes - even bad ones - are in order because the mood here gets too heavy.
Last edited by Dorian on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Yuck, Ice cream :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Bluecast wrote: Yuck, Ice cream :???:

Well, consider it a punishment for being a douche. :P
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Well, what are you good at? Or at least semi-decent at?

Oh I know what I gotta do, usually, just procrastinate about it. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Dorian wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Yuck, Ice cream :???:

Well, consider it a punishment for being a douche. :P

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm surprised anyone's still prepared to donate to another member on here after how the last lot was mis-spent.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic