The alcohol thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The alcohol thread

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Ever since I got back from vegas in July, I been in party mode non stop and been drinking about 5 drinks a night. Wasn't beer but things like white russians, long island ice teas, dark & stormies, mojitos (god damn I love me a mojito), and rum & cokes. Occasionally I drank a good golden rum.

The drinks alone increased my caloric intake like 1000 calories per day. I gained like 20lbs because of this complete disregard to my health. Now I am going to cut alcohol out of my diet until I get back to my sexier, lighter self. Once I get my weight down I am definitely not going back to that ridiculous drinking mode again.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby dbzruler88 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm

i am a budweiser man. i like budweiser, bud light, bud light lime, and occasionally bud select. but other beers i like would be leinenkugels, coors, pbr, samual adams, killians, and i can deal with miller.

i am also a big fan of woodchuck, i love that shit.

as far as harder alcohols, i like jack daniels, captain morgan spice rum, bacardi rum and sometimes 151, everclear, and jagermeister.

i don't do many mixed drinks asides from rum and cokes or jack and cokes. i do like jager bombs, cherry bombs, vegas bombs and anything else you can throw bomb after. carribou lous are pretty tasty. also lunch boxes, i can drink those all day. i may drink a gin and juice on rare occasions.

also a side note, if you mix captain morgan spiced rum with mountain dew, it tastes exactly like cream soda, pretty legit.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Not one to bump old topics but I was browsing some whiskies on Amazon for reference and found this bit of gold:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knockando-Year- ... =knockando

Taste

Nose: Fruity-floral with a hint of blackcurrant. Some ash, then a trace of damp linen. Water brings up cereal notes and meaty aromas. Develops towards scorched paper.

I have to say my taste buds are quivering in anticipation.

and anyway, how's everyone's old habits? Still drinking yourselves silly?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:22 am

Funny you bring this back while I just had some whiskey. Jim Beam, which is ofcourse American but the company was recently purchased by Suntory. See ads for it all the time here in Japan and sure enough it did the trick and I got some. Its not great but good.. and I enjoy the change of pace compared to beer.
But recently ive tried to hold back on drinking even though it's the best way to meet Japanese people and have real conversations. So..once a week a single drink home. Once a month socially. More if I BBQ or special occasion.

Axm has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 am

^speaking of which I haven't tried Japanese whisky yet. What would you recommend?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:49 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:^speaking of which I haven't tried Japanese whisky yet. What would you recommend?

Hibiki is really good. Theirs a few types
I've had the 17 and 21. Both were really good. I prefered the 21.
Then theirs the general Suntory and thats just..ok.

Axm has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm

My friend and I tanked a bottle of Johnny Walker Black last night and a little vodka. I don't really remember any of last night and today has been horrific. Too old for this shit!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:24 am

Axm wrote:
Vyse Hazuky wrote:^speaking of which I haven't tried Japanese whisky yet. What would you recommend?

Hibiki is really good. Theirs a few types
I've had the 17 and 21. Both were really good. I prefered the 21.
Then theirs the general Suntory and thats just..ok.

You have to understand my knowledge of japanese whisky comes mainly from Lost in Translation and the bars in Yakuza games. What about Nikka? They seem to be more accessible
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Previous

Return to Off Topic