The alcohol thread

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The alcohol thread

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: How often do you go out drinking?

Moi?

Si, like do you got everyday after work or is it more of a her and there thing?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: How often do you go out drinking?

Moi?

Si, like do you got everyday after work or is it more of a her and there thing?

I rarely drink midweek. On the occasion I will drink during the week, when there may be a football (soccer) match worth watching, or maybe a decent band to see, but not often. It's normally a Friday through to Sunday thang though.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Ah, so do you generally stay to just a handful or do you go hopping? A few times I've seen you mention pubs in great detail.

I've just always wondered what pubs and bars are like outside of Toa Alta and New York.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Ah, so do you generally stay to just a handful or do you go hopping? A few times I've seen you mention pubs in great detail.

I've just always wondered what pubs and bars are like outside of Toa Alta and New York.

Ah dude, anyone that moves to Bristol rarely leaves unless they move abroad. Me, myself and I? Born and raised in this great city, it's fucking amazing, I have been elsewhere of course, but this city is great due to the sheer diversity, community vibe and artistic merit. It's like a mini London but without all the shit bits. If I move then I'm off to Amsterdam or Berlin. I couldn't live anywhere less liberal than here.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 pm

It certainly sounds interesting. If business takes me to the UK I'll certainly try and get up there and perhaps buy you a few pints.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: It certainly sounds interesting. If business takes me to the UK I'll certainly try and get up there and perhaps buy you a few pints.

It's daaaahn saaahf (down south). So you wouldn't come "up" as such (unless I fed you something - ;-) ). But yeah, you should check Bristol out, it's far better than the majority of the so-called major cities in England, like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds etc...
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 pm

A drink a day is fine.

I used to drink a lot of beer but now that I'm older it makes it harder to burn off the gut. So these days, red wine is my go-to drink of choice.

I particularly love Cali cab reds. Lots of body, bold fruit, and silky smooth. These two are in my regular rotation (years don't really matter):

Francis Coppola Ivory Label

J. Lohr

In party mode, I'll do Rev, Redbull and vodka, and the odd beer to mix it up. I'm now dabbling with old man gin and tonics.

When I do drink beer, it's usually one of these:
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Bristol (well all of the British Isles) are Northeast of New York City, though I imagine you're considered "Southerners" the way I'm considered a "Northerner" even though people in Canada call me a "southern yank".

Well I'm interested in Manchester because it sounds like the shitty part of New York (plus I owe Clint and Mitts a drink)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Hm, as one Canadian I have to plead ignorance on the Bristol notion of "Southern Yank". But I'm all about enlightenment, especially over a few pints.

I swear, some kind of dojo meetup (with at least some drinks in attendance) would be all kinds of fun. The US, UK, CAD representation would lend itself to a mashup of epic proportions.

Oh, edit fail: Our local Ireland rep would have to be in attendance, of course!
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Yea PEI has a lot of British roots so I got called a "Yank" and a "Southerner" a few times (mostly around Cavendish and Sommerside.)

Didn't much care for the "froggies" either. I've always been interested in going to Toronto, then maybe swinging around to hit Ottawa and Montreal. I'll pick up Sonikku when I drive north lol.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:52 am

Ha! Toronto is good times. Hit me up a pm if you two are planning it and I'll show you around. :beerchug:
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 am

QWERTY™ wrote: Everyone I work with always go to the same fucking dive, every weekend, without fail. This is why they think I'm unsociable. The reason why I don't go there is because it's a cheap dive. I would much rather pay the extra on each drink to be in a much more pleasant atmosphere than be surrounded by similar reprobates that want to get as pissed as possible quicker than anyone else.

I have this too. It also extends to some actual "friends" rather than "just" the workmates I like to hang out with sometimes too. Always, always end up in the same shit-hole, filled with nobs and way too many people who I kind of know/remember from past lifestyles, and who kinda know/remember me the same way, and who you don't actually dislike, but you'd really rather not talk to if possible.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 am

I've drank everyday this week since Sunday, apart from yesterday when I picked up instead. Being a student it just happens and there's rarely a night when we don't have at least one drink.

As for favourite drinks well it varies, i've drank many kinds of beers, spirits and wines. So I'd say my favourite Lager is probably Pilsner, favourite real ale beer is a one brewed at a pub near where I live called KIng Rat. (The pubs call Rat and Ratchet, amazing pub.) And as for spirits I like whiskey, there's one from Thailand called Hong Thong that's really nice. I don't really have a preference on wines, but I only drink white wine, oh and this wine that my mates dad brews, tastes like absolute piss but gets you royally fucked.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 pm

So, I'm off to Bangface in Newquay, Cornwall, England this weekend and I'm dressing up like this motherfucker again:

There's 8 of us in a caravan and we're taking:

2 x Angostura 1919 rum
1 x Absolut Vodka
1 x Smirnoff
2 x Hornitos tequila
1 x JD
2 x Sauv.Blanc
1 x Pinot Grigo
1 x Chardonnay
1 x Rioja
1 x Pomerol (red wine)
1 x Dog Dancer (20ltr box cider)
1 x Brassknocker (20ltr box pale ale)
7 x g of MDMA
2 x g of Ketamine
1 x oz of weed
10 x 2cbs
200 x canisters of nitrous

Basically, it's gonna be fucking amazing, and I cannae wait. Only two more days of work left!
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Good luck with your suicide there Elvis.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic