TMNT 2012 series is great

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: TMNT 2012 Episode 1 & 2

Postby KiBa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 pm

:lol:
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 pm

I consider myself the biggest TMNT fan on these boards, or if not that atleast the most knowledgeable about TMNT univerese in general, yes I was that hardcore as a kid, and I have further explored even being adult. This new show mixes so much of the collective TMNT universe and various interpretations/iterations of the past shows/comics story and does so in a very unique way. I would say that mostly this new show is based off the original comics storyline, the krangs in the robot androids, the shredder making his first appearance in NY. But there are elements of the original cartoon mixed in, the comic book cut aways, but also from the movie storyline, splinter was originally a human turned rat and the turtles turned humanoid, which is more or less like the original show. Thing about this one is that it has put in some other things that I may or may not go for, april and her dad, why is she so young? What does her dad have to do with everything? will this snake person return? This is where the new show has started to cut away from the canon, it might work out it might not. But I will say the mixture is extremely interesting (having only seen the first 2 episodes, the pilot basically). Lots of Ninja Turtle history in this show, and alot of references from the past to keep it true, but as I said before with a modern twist and many things done its own way. Also, keep in mind, this is a kids show same as the 80s cartoon, treat it as such when forming an opinion about it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 am

They kept Channel 6 news. April is 15. She is wearing yellow again. The Kraang replaces the Comic version of the Utroms. Named the Kraang as a reference and made them villains. Snakeweed will be coming back.
For the first time Raph is stronger than Leo. The main theme while new does start and end with Turtles in a half Shell turtle power. It has a lot of anime influence and animated well. Splinter is funny. They are using the 80's cartoon version where he was human before but the comic version where it was over the love of a woman. They have Mega Man feet. :lol: . Shredder is human again and not some alien(2003 series)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 am

Downloaded them but not got round to watching them yet. Sounds promising..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 pm

One of these days I wish we could have an animated version that had the darker feel of the comic. I just can't get past the obnoxious drive to appeal to the mouth drooling aged kids with this one. It's not to say turtles needs blood and guts exploding everywhere like Fist of The North Star or anything, but I still think it was pushing the envelope in the WB series when the Shredder's end came with Leonardo decapitating him with his katana. (And the Shredder had actually been introduced as a potential fighter of evil in the beginning before showing more of an insidious side to his motives, giving his character more depth, in addition to showing his intellect as being every bit as potent a weapon as his bladed fists than in other incarnations) You would NEVER see something like that in other animated versions of the show. The ninja turtle weapons may as well be for show, they can't really use them to inflict any amount of harm onto anything not a robot.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm

The comics suck. 2003 series tried to be closer to that. But seriously the comics suck. How can one take a bunch of Turtles that are ninjas serious with gore and shit? It's stupid and taking something fucking absurd and comical too seriously. TMNT was created to be a joke before the comic. TMNT should IMO always be more lighthearted and comical. The 1990 film captured both and didn't cross the line. 80's series and this IMO have the right idea. Know that it's absurd and run with it and having fun in the process. IMO the scene where they discover pizza is already one of my fave TMNT moments ever in the new series.

I really don't get today's mentality that everything has to be darker to be better.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

watched episodes 3 and 4, and im still digging it. Watching 5 now.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Well if you wanna see strange TMNT, check out the Japanese anime. Weird shit.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Show keeps getting better. Also this Master Splinter rocks best one since the films
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: TMNT 2012 series is great

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:13 pm

watched through episode 9, still loving it, surprised too. Episode 9 really got things going too. TMNT is back. :)

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Best Moment of Episode 8

Bluecast has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 pm

"I just blew your minds didnt I?" Yeah that part was awesome.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:15 pm

episodes 10-12 really upped the ante, loving it more the more I see. I woke up this morning and had a little sunday morning cartoon TMNT 3 episode marathon, it was awesome.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Watched some of the first episode so can't really comment on the show as a whole but that intro music is just dire.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm

So I watched the 4 most recent episodes yesterday. I just cant even say how much I am loving it. The humor and many other parts remind of the old school live action movies, some things remind me of the original cartoon, and others remind me of the comic, it picks and mixes and matches from many of the original TMNT projects. I like how its fleshing out the back story with shredder and the krang, as with the original cartoon they were already in cahoots and never really explained how they met. Its weird how april is involved in this one, thats one of the only really drastic character changes, karai makes things interesting too, shedders daughter? wtffff? Ah, had such a ball watching those episodes yesterday...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic