Mortal Kombat

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Mortal Kombat

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am

Warner Bros. has revealed some new details about the Mortal Kombat movie reboot, suggesting that the new adaptation is already in production.

According to WorstPreviews, Warner Bros executive Lance Sloan confirmed that the film was being developed, as well as its director and budget.

“We're preparing right now for the film with Kevin Tancharoen, [who] directed the digital series for us," said Sloan. "He's at the helm of the forty, fifty million dollar film."

The series he's referring to is Mortal Kombat: Legacy, which debuted on YouTube in April 2011. Aside from this, Tancharoen's other directorial efforts include the remake of Fame, Glee: The 3D Concert Movie and The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. Sooo....yeah. Fingers crossed that he draws on resources from Legacy rather than his earlier batch of work when making the movie?

In terms of the proposed plot for the reboot, nothing has been confirmed, but rumours are swirling it'll follow a supermarket employee who discovers he has otherworldly powers and must make the ultimate choice between fighting for the side of good or evil.

The original Mortal Kombat film appeared in 1995 and was directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. This in turn spawned a sequel, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation in 1997, which performed poorly at the box office in comparison to its predecessor. As a result a planned third film, Mortal Kombat: Devastation, was shelved indefinitely until Warner Bros. picked up the rights to Midway's assets in 2009 following the game studio going bankrupt.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/w ... vie-reboot

Enjoyed the first and 2nd was terrible but that supermarket part better be a bad joke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhLrgAQWYUc[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Mortal Kombat

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Thought we had 2 or 3 topics about the new movie. Oh well another can't hurt. Legacy was a pile of shit. If it's from the same people/ No thanks sticking to my cheesy 1995 film thanks
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am

Will never have a soundtrack as cool as the original movie.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Excuse me young man, I can't reach the shelf. Could you pass me a...

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Makes me wonder if the author of that article even bothered to research the fact Kevin Tancharoen did the way more superior Rebirth pitch video before the Legacy webseries.

Who cares what he made before? It's about what he made afterwards.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Return to Off Topic