Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Kid suspended for throwing grenade made of air

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I fail to see the problem.

Oh wait, that IS the problem.

We have a winner.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Spokane » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 pm

We have had some real threats here recently. This last week a kid at an elementary school brought a knife and a gun to school with ammunition in his backpack, a kid saw the knife and told an adult and they found that stuff and a kill list in it. That was a town to the north of here, Colville.

Then a kid got in trouble at a school here in Spokane, don't remember what grade level, for a kill list he wrote. A few weeks ago some bottle bombs went off at a local high school and the guy confessed to it a few hours later after it had been evacuated. It was bad enough that the janitor got burned by the chemicals. Imagine if a student or staff had been in the blast zone when they went off, acid burns.

Thats been in the last month, of course stuff has happened over the years, like a kid actually did pull a gun out and start shooting but I think the SWAT team got to him before he could do harm because he was trapped in a room by himself, I really can't recall if anyone was hurt or died, that was a high school.

Edit: Here we are, an article from 10 years ago about it. No one was hurt besides the perp thankfully as I had thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/23/us/st ... chool.html

10 years, really I thought it was more recently than that.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm

This is not to sound macho or a back in my day old man BS just how it was when I was in school. Kids brought knives to school all the damn time,I did it all the time in Jr High. If a teacher found out they just took it away from them and that was that. If a kid pulled one on you mainly a bully you beat the shit out them. I am talking grade school so late 80's to mid 90's for me. Different time
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah, but imagine what could have happened if the kid didn't tattle about the knife then the gun would not have been found and he might have been able to shoot someone.

My mom's a teacher and has had to deal with these bad ass kids and I fear for her safety sometimes, even if its an elementary school, age has nothing to do with criminal activity or intent really completely, an 8 year old can have the intent to kill. She seen a kid stab a teacher before, and that kid they were trying to get sent to a special facility for the mentally ill and unstable children and only after the stabbing did anyone listen.

And the parents are just as bad as the kids most the time. They don't see anything wrong with little Johnny, but thats because they are irresponsible and are themselves messed up like there kids are.

And she is a special ed teacher to boot, she has to teach and deal with kids who have bi-polar syndrome where they can be as nice as can be and then want to kill you the next second if they forgot to take there meds, which happens a lot. And thats just one kind of kid she deals with in her job. One of many kinds of mental problems which a lot of them the kids have piss poor attitudes and treat her so poorly. Thankfully there are kids who treat her nice.

Edit: And to add, it has some to do with that she teaches at a very low income school where most the students come from white trash families.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Even so imaginary weapons are nothing to get a stick in the ass about. Kids are kids. It's very normal.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Right. All I was saying is there are threats that are very real even here where I am that have happened.

Even when they interviewed the principal of the school in Colville where the kid was caught with the gun he said "This is not a case of a kid throwing a pinecone and pretending its a grenade" on the news.

My mom had to suspend a kid (or send him to the office where he was suspend) for brining a fake gun to school. Its the rules. The kids know the rules. I knew it was against the rules to even bring a toy gun.

And if you don't discipline the kid then you might get fired or suspended yourself from your job by the school district.

Damned if you do by people saying thats ridiculous damned if you don't by your superiors.

Reminds me, last year a group of kids broke into her school at night and stole the candy at the teachers desk. :lol:
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am

I was on bus when something like this happened once. Some crackhead/derelict that was sitting in the back pretending he had a sniper rifle and was fake shooting the driver. The driver eventually pulled the bus over and called the police.
Mind you, the crackhead was being very quiet and keeping to himself in his game. No one even knew he did anything until the bus driver announced to all the angry, late passengers what exactly was going on.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 am

Spokes, was your mam also your teacher? Coz some of your posts are written like the rants of a... err... "special needs"... agent...? Anyway, is there actually something odd with you that you haven't let on about yet, or is this actually... you...?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Thief » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 am

I used to break into my school and put all the chairs in the ceiling tiles.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spokane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Spokes, was your mam also your teacher? Coz some of your posts are written like the rants of a... err... "special needs"... agent...? Anyway, is there actually something odd with you that you haven't let on about yet, or is this actually... you...?

Just being the asshole you always seem to be.

See, I have not been posting as much on here lately. Its because of shit like this, I take my time to say my point of view and my thoughts and I hear shit like that in response. Why even post in the first place? I am thinking I will probably just stick to posting about gaming related stuff for now on.

So I didn't just say "OMG DURR THAT'S SO STUPID" like I was suppose to, like everyone else did. Sorry I didn't follow your lead.
Last edited by Spokane on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 am

Thief wrote: I used to break into my school and put all the chairs in the ceiling tiles.

I just poured pigs blood on some weird chick left and she burned everyone inside the school. Then we had sex...blood still on her. Then she killed her mom. Was a nice day.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 am

Spokane wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Spokes, was your mam also your teacher? Coz some of your posts are written like the rants of a... err... "special needs"... agent...? Anyway, is there actually something odd with you that you haven't let on about yet, or is this actually... you...?

Just being the asshole you always seem to be.

See, I have not been posting as much on here lately. Its because of shit like this, I take my time to say my point of view and my thoughts and I hear shit like that in response. Why even post in the first place? I am thinking I will probably just stick to posting about gaming related stuff for now on.

So I didn't just say "OMG DURR THAT'S SO STUPID" like I was suppose to, like everyone else did. Sorry I didn't follow your lead.

Don't let it get to you. He's never really serious unless it was Nick or someone he hated. I think he was just having fun and he does often overstep bounds I agree. Just try and not let it get to ya. We all tease one another but everyone has some boundaries and not always aware of those boundaries. Take any Mitts jab post or others people tease posts with a grain of salt. What has helped me in not getting into it anymore with anyone.
If worse comes to worse use the foe feature to block posts of those that get on your nerves. I used to use it...but I ended up having like 3 people still visible so I removed all foes lol :)

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Spokane
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Ryudo wrote:I used to use it...but I ended up having like 3 people still visible

:lol:

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bluecast
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:35 pm

You can't put Mitts on the foe list anyway. It says hes a mod or special admin who you can't add. :lol: What a crock of shit that is.

And I know the only having so many people visible thing, but only a few are on it now and I will probably take some of them off because I have no reason for them to be on it anymore and I always read their posts.

I always get over it pretty quick.

Still not happy about what he said though.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

lol

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Thief
MiTT3NZ