Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm hardly on a nitpicking trip. You claimed that Homeopathy was "spiritual". It isn't, at all. And now you're just further displaying your ignorance by comparing it to yet more superstitious practices which aren't at all comparable really. You're just being lazy.

And my point still stands, accepted medical procedures and drugs can still be very dangerous and are often misprescribed and cause unnecessary harm. Even an author I'm sure your a fan of, Ben Goldacre, has wrote a book on it, Bad Pharma.

So it's not like you can say that one approach (going to a GP or a homeopath) is necessarily less harmful than the other. It just comes down to individual values, and what kind dangers you prioritize. But all you're doing is shouting about how dangerous "spiritual" non-spiritual treatments are, and making vague and sweeping statements that don't really make sense. Which is why you come off as ignorant to me.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Your relentless open mindedness is becoming a weakness and making you inversely closed minded to things that aren't esoteric or off the beaten path. Pretending to be well read on Homeopathy and Alternative Healing only seems intelligent to girls who don't shave their armpits and bi-curious baristas with NHS glasses.

The concept that "Bad Pharma exists therefore my unproven wackjob thing is good or should be accepted" is a Fox News level logical fallacy and makes you seem like an imbecile. Turn off Dr. Oz and go fly a damn kite.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 pm

There are no clinical studies (that I've come across) that make the claim that homeopathy is more than just a placebo. Therefore making it no different than superstition. And while current medical procedures can also be dangerous, they have a higher success rate.

So choosing something with a lower or non-existent success rate over something that has a higher one is not very smart in general, especially if they're not choosing it for themselves.

And I can care less what you think of me.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:11 am

Every time I read Kenny's headline my eyes start from the left to middle back to left then to right.. So it turns out to read.."Kenny is Fucking Lara Croft" :lol:

*Kenshin Himura* has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Sonikku
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 am

You got the hidden message.

Kenny has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Chaos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 am

Turned down the job that sounded godawful

Didn't get the job that sounded pretty decent

=D>
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:51 am

Kenny wrote: You got the hidden message.

:P
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby mue 26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Kenny wrote: There are no clinical studies (that I've come across) that make the claim that homeopathy is more than just a placebo. Therefore making it no different than superstition. And while current medical procedures can also be dangerous, they have a higher success rate.

So choosing something with a lower or non-existent success rate over something that has a higher one is not very smart in general, especially if they're not choosing it for themselves.

Homeopathy isn't superstitious though. You keep on making this same mistake. There is nothing supernatural about homeopathy and it's methodology. You might not think it's scientifically sound, but superstitious it isn't. The word superstition explicitly implies the supernatural.

And sure, you might not think it smart that someone chooses to use it, that's fine, which is why you don't have to use it. I just thought that making statements like "spirituality can be dangerous" is silly when any damn thing can be dangerous, especially when you then proceeded to use homeopathy as an example of this dangerous spirituality.

@ Rakim
I'm happy with bi-curious unshaven baristas. It's undoubtedly a lot better than you do, judging by the obscene amount of time you spend at the Dojo, you're online as much as Ryudo ever was. You should have made getting more fresh air one of your new years resolutions.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:50 pm

An insult from you is almost as empty as your brain is. Have a nice day. :D
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Chat to mi back rude gyal

phpBB [video]

Excuse me now, I've got some unshaven baristas to attend to.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 pm

Should go in the Underground Music thread also maybe. But I worry that people will ignore this gem there. And Everyone should hear this. Breathe this Ethiopian organ goodness into your soul and replenish. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sublime.

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

mue 26 wrote:
Kenny wrote: There are no clinical studies (that I've come across) that make the claim that homeopathy is more than just a placebo. Therefore making it no different than superstition. And while current medical procedures can also be dangerous, they have a higher success rate.

Homeopathy isn't superstitious though. You keep on making this same mistake. There is nothing supernatural about homeopathy and it's methodology. You might not think it's scientifically sound, but superstitious it isn't. The word superstition explicitly implies the supernatural.

And sure, you might not think it smart that someone chooses to use it, that's fine, which is why you don't have to use it. I just thought that making statements like "spirituality can be dangerous" is silly when any damn thing can be dangerous, especially when you then proceeded to use homeopathy as an example of this dangerous spirituality.

Keyphrase = *making it no different than

And another keyphrase that highlights my position = *especially if they're not choosing it for themselves

People can be dumb if they want. It just really pisses me off if they end up endangering other people as a result of that. And while you're trying to make a blanket statement about including everything as dangerous, your fixation on just "spirituality" or any kind of equivalent makes it clear you just want to single it out because it attacks your specific worldview.

My skepticism has no boundaries, nor does it discriminate. Some scientific studies have been proven to be bullshit too from time to time.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Cool yeah but

People can be dumb if they want. It just really pisses me off if they end up endangering other people as a result of that.

I assume you're referring to the woman with her kids? To be honest, it pisses me off when people think they know what is best for other people's children, when they don't necessarily do, and getting all righteous and shit. It's up to the parent to decide what is the best way to treat their own kids at the end of the day, and whether that way matches your or mine world view or not, it's really not our decision. And who knows, maybe the positive energy healing thingy, or placebo effect will work on them.

And while you're trying to make a blanket statement about including everything as dangerous, your fixation on just "spirituality" or any kind of equivalent makes it clear you just want to single it out because it attacks your specific worldview.

Bro, what you are talking about? It was you that singled out "spirituality".

Anyway yeah cool, I respect your opinion and that, but c'mon let's not take Hailu Mergia's much deserved shine away from him. Here's another one. This is spiritual for you.

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:48 am