Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Yamas name isnt red any more, its like cherry blossom pink. I some how think its a fitting color, he can rock the pink and get away with it some how, also its a very shenmue color, literally.
the blossoms on the shenmue tree you dolts :mrgreen:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:28 am

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:35 am

Riku Rose wrote:
south carmain wrote: Thanks guys! I got to go and get pizza with all my friends it was so rad!

Wait a minute, what kind of 16 year old say's rad!

Rad isn't cool anymore in the USA? I guess we are a little bit behind when it comes to trends in Uzbekistan.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:36 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Yamas name isnt red any more, its like cherry blossom pink. I some how think its a fitting color, he can rock the pink and get away with it some how, also its a very shenmue color, literally.
the blossoms on the shenmue tree you dolts :mrgreen:

Yama seems more feminine and bride like lately. More power to him. :nice!:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bambi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:25 pm

People are always telling me I need to broaden my horizons and try new things so tonight I'll be drinking Lucozade from a glass instead of the bottle, I'll ne sure and keep you all updated with my progress.

Bambi has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, myshtuff, Peter, Raithos
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 am

Well I'm pretty sure this guy is Joel search.php?author_id=10654&sr=posts my apologies to jacky.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 am

south carmain's identity illudes me. It wouldn't even surprise me to hear he currently lives in the antarctic at the age of 90 -- or that he is a she or that he is me -- i don't know. i don't know.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:14 am

Thief wrote: south carmain's identity illudes me. It wouldn't even surprise me to hear he currently lives in the antarctic at the age of 90 -- or that he is a she or that he is me -- i don't know. i don't know.

You could just ask the members of the forum that have me if the question torments you so.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bambi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:31 am

south carmain wrote: Well I'm pretty sure this guy is Joel http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/search.php ... 4&sr=posts my apologies to jacky.

Haha, I thought the same thing, signed up 6 posts, 4 of them defending Joel, 1 saying he wishes he could donate more to the KS and the other saying that one of the stretch goals sounds badass. The only conflicting piece of circumstantial "evidence" is that he liked a reply Yama made with the following
Yama wrote:The way the Q&A was handled yesterday was a debacle, that's for certain.

He may have however simply have liked it because Yama was closing the topic containing most of the direct criticism being levied at Joel. :lol:

I don't want to seem like some mad conspiracy theorist but I'm kinda suspicious of anyone who just showing up and directly defending how the KS campaign has been managed.

Bambi wrote:
YUmakemygame wrote: I didn't really find any fault with the Twitch stream at all. I think maybe the red shirted man was nervous about having to answer to thousands of fans live, so it's understandable that he seemed a bit awkward. I honestly would be too. The blue shirted gentleman was patient and concise. All in all, Yu Suzuki was very polite and didn't seem at all bothered about the handling of his Q & A, so that's what's important to me.

In retrospect, some people may say that it could have been more polished, but I also find that in business it makes things easier to work with people who have similar rapport and do not make their colleagues or fan base uncomfortable. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if it were someone who didn't understand the gaming industry and were very stiff and parochial. I just chalk it up to a bad case of nerves for these folks.

As far as the questions go, I think perhaps they were addressing the topics that were being asked ad nauseum and were not clarified before. I'm really excited about Corey Marshall and the possibility of all the original voice-over actors. And it would make me very happy to see the HD releases, if possible. I give Yu Suzuki top marks for trying to make his fans happy... he genuinely cares about what we think and do. It's just a shame that some people cannot reciprocate the same respect for him and his team.

Moreover, in my opinion adding more rewards tiers at the going percentage rate (20-25%) could possibly be detrimental to the production cost, considering that the focus would be put toward producing merchandise rather than the actual game even at the ~72% budget schematic. I worry about that, as I see Suzuki and his team scrambling for more ideas in terms of rewards--- each product is going at a considerable markup to cover the ~25% budget set aside for it. But I also understand the consumer model and know that people would like to be aptly rewarded for their investments.

I truly appreciate Suzuki's incredible display of diplomacy and repose. I think between the immense burden of acquiring the rights, putting together a suitable development + financing + public relations team, and pleasing the prospective buyer, he appears verily composed.

Which one are you?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:53 am

south carmain wrote:
Thief wrote: south carmain's identity illudes me. It wouldn't even surprise me to hear he currently lives in the antarctic at the age of 90 -- or that he is a she or that he is me -- i don't know. i don't know.

You could just ask the members of the forum that have me if the question torments you so.

nah
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby chai22 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 am

@south carmain: Hi there, who is your avatar? :)
chai22
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:14 am

I've met south carmain, and he doesn't live in Antarctica, unlesss he moved there recently....
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 am

chai22 wrote: @south carmain: Hi there, who is your avatar? :)

My former teacher. Great guy but he was too right wing and anti-government at times which got annoying.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:39 pm

The original topic got locked but I can't resist reposting this:

Jackie Fhan wrote:I mean, at least he is trying. I don't see why you gotta maulk him. He just wants the things to do well

Fucking MAULK??!! Really?

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:43 pm

To be honest I have never heard that word before in my life.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic