Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby south carmain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Kenny wrote: How very observant of you, cause I'm not Irish.

We're all a little irish m8
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 pm

south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:20 pm

CRY FOR THE MOON!!!!

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: Monkei
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:55 pm

So there's a woman at my work who's in her mid 50's and far from what you would call the happiest woman in the world, I've always got on fine with her as she's a hard worker and just want's to do her 9-5. Well another woman I work with told me that this woman told her that on Christmas Eve that she OD'd, no idea if she was trying to kill herself or got a bit carried away with some gear. Apparently after she told her this she just started laughing. Not soon after this I heard from another woman that they see a book on her desk that is just filled with 'I hate my life' over and over again Jack Nicholson in The Shining style.

At this point I'm getting concerned that the OD may have been her attempting to take her own life and a cry for help. She's not in for the next two weeks as she's booked it off as holiday but I spoke to her manager who I get on well with about the situation as I'm concerned and he tells me too let him handle it.

A few hours later I get called over by another manager who's been informed of this and they want the names of the two women who have told me this. I didn't want to start getting people involved but they said if they couldn't confirm that they where told this stuff then there isn't much they can do. At this point I give them the names and make sure I tell them women that although I didn't want to drag them into this and wanted to keep it quiet they may get asked some questions.

The rest of the day goes on as normal and on the way out I get speaking to the women who told me this stuff in the first place and they're pissed. The one who told me about the OD is pissed that I told someone as that was supposed to be a 'secret'. I couldn't believe that there is the chance someone may possibly be trying to kill themselves and they would rather say nothing as it's an inconvenience she may get angry. I know this women may be pissed at me when she comes in but I'd rather she hates me for the rest of her life then run the risk of letting her kill herself and do nothing as she may get angry. Fucking people piss me off.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ziming » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: Monkei, Mr357, Sonikku, St. Elmo's Fire
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Ziming wrote: Image

And don't forget that Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN Board of Human Rights.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 am

Riku Rose wrote: So there's a woman at my work who's in her mid 50's and far from what you would call the happiest woman in the world, I've always got on fine with her as she's a hard worker and just want's to do her 9-5. Well another woman I work with told me that this woman told her that on Christmas Eve that she OD'd, no idea if she was trying to kill herself or got a bit carried away with some gear. Apparently after she told her this she just started laughing. Not soon after this I heard from another woman that they see a book on her desk that is just filled with 'I hate my life' over and over again Jack Nicholson in The Shining style.

At this point I'm getting concerned that the OD may have been her attempting to take her own life and a cry for help. She's not in for the next two weeks as she's booked it off as holiday but I spoke to her manager who I get on well with about the situation as I'm concerned and he tells me too let him handle it.

A few hours later I get called over by another manager who's been informed of this and they want the names of the two women who have told me this. I didn't want to start getting people involved but they said if they couldn't confirm that they where told this stuff then there isn't much they can do. At this point I give them the names and make sure I tell them women that although I didn't want to drag them into this and wanted to keep it quiet they may get asked some questions.

The rest of the day goes on as normal and on the way out I get speaking to the women who told me this stuff in the first place and they're pissed. The one who told me about the OD is pissed that I told someone as that was supposed to be a 'secret'. I couldn't believe that there is the chance someone may possibly be trying to kill themselves and they would rather say nothing as it's an inconvenience she may get angry. I know this women may be pissed at me when she comes in but I'd rather she hates me for the rest of her life then run the risk of letting her kill herself and do nothing as she may get angry. Fucking people piss me off.

Yeesh. Women.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 am

Heavy, recently a guy that worked for my father hanged himself, he was a drunk that got "cured" by a evangelist church and had been 7 years without drinking, apparently he got drunk in new years and killed himself.

The thing is that you don't know if by trying to help you are making things better of worse.

Maybe she feels the "social pressure" of being on the spot and that makes her worse, maybe she just needs someone to talk to. Who the fuck knows, every people it's a different story.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Riku Rose wrote: So there's a woman at my work who's in her mid 50's and far from what you would call the happiest woman in the world, I've always got on fine with her as she's a hard worker and just want's to do her 9-5. Well another woman I work with told me that this woman told her that on Christmas Eve that she OD'd, no idea if she was trying to kill herself or got a bit carried away with some gear. Apparently after she told her this she just started laughing. Not soon after this I heard from another woman that they see a book on her desk that is just filled with 'I hate my life' over and over again Jack Nicholson in The Shining style.

Some people are like that. If it was up to some people nothing would ever be done, they'd rather not "rock the boat" than get things done. And when you take it upon yourself to do something about it, they get pissed off with you. People are fucking pathetic.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Promo vid for music app I made:

phpBB [video]
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Long time since I've cried like this.

Don't know if I feel better or worse.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:44 am

^What's going on?

Spending my night collecting names of agents, writers, directors, and more to start sending emails and making phone calls. Also revising the logline to my latest screenplay, it's lacking "punch".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Ziming » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Sounds to me like someone's just pissy because his gen never had cat videos. [-X

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ziming » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 am

Some motivating videos if you need to kick the fast food habit.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic