Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:33 am

Sonikku wrote:the claim from the GoP that minimum wage can stay the same forever "because they don't deserve more money for the same work".

... :-o :shock: How can a political party get votes with statements like that!?

I only know a small bit about American politics, but jeez, the two "sides" seem to have a genuine hatred a lot of the time. Any news story that allows comments on anything USA related will sooner or later have someone mouthing off about "Republicans" or "Liberals" and it just escalates from there!

In the UK political discussions can also get pretty heated, but since the US does most things "biggest" and "best", political hatred seems to be included in that too!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Sonikku wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Before a man, a family and a job meant a middle class family.

Today families have to work mother, father and even kids to reach an acual "middle class".

What is getting so expensive ?? We live pretty better today, is it entertainment, fuel, tech, what the fuck is that makes it this expensive ??

Today, if you don't have a computer, internet access and a cellphone, you are functionally poor.

I think the global inflation is getting weirder.

I guess that the average is pretty much better, and we just "want to have more" (and I don't mean it in only a consummerist way).

The cost of college tuition is like 700% of what it was three decades ago in a time frame when wages for everyone but the elite either stayed the same or went down. Housing/rent/utilities also continue to grow when most wages stay the same = net loss. This is why I dispute the claim from the GoP that minimum wage can stay the same forever "because they don't deserve more money for the same work". In actuality a dollar doesn't buy today what a dollar bought five years ago. And if the minimum is 7.25 today as surely as it was half a decade ago then you've actually gotten a back door pay cut. Gone are the days when you could buy a semester of college from some minimum wage part time summer job. People in greater debt today are in debt more so for depressed wages and higher costs than they are for simply being more "spendy".

The problem is, the majority of employers are small or medium sized businesses, and legitimately can't afford to give their employees raises. If you force them to do so, the money doesn't just appear out of thin air, so they have to resort to lay-offs. Now you've got a significant number of unemployed people on top of the already insanely high number of non-working, non-retired adults, and those tens of millions of people have no chance at getting a job that they desperately need because all employers either can't afford to hire more help (due to heavy taxes and the higher minimum wage) or have a large percentage (sometimes majority) of their workforce overseas. The latter isn't always due to greed; these big corporations that people like to demonize get hit with taxes exceeding 30%, when they do pay them.

If the spineless traitors that we vote for would stop throwing away the money that many of them have never worked a day in their lives for, maybe we wouldn't be 18 trillion in debt and headed toward another recession/depression. Economic problems can almost always be traced back to ridiculous tax rates and the extreme irresponsibility of our government spenders.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Mr357 wrote: 18 trillion in debt

Cikey. :shock:

I thought the UK's 1.5tr was pretty scary already!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:35 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Mr357 wrote: 18 trillion in debt

Cikey. :shock:

I thought the UK's 1.5tr was pretty scary already!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:34 am

I looked at a UK one of those a while back, it wasn't as comprehensive!

$158k debt per taxpayer!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby reptile » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:43 am

south carmain is my cell mate if you know what I mean.
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:51 am

reptile wrote: south carmain is my cell mate if you know what I mean.

No idea m8. Who are you?

south carmain has received a thanks from: Mr357
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:14 pm

There was a family gathering this weekend and my mum got a photo with a big black guy that one of my cousins is dating. Well I've printed a copy, put it in a frame and I'm going to put it on my desk at work and if anyone asks I'm going to say it's my mum and dad.

Riku Rose has received 6 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, Mr357, myshtuff, Raithos, St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Riku Rose wrote: There was a family gathering this weekend and my mum got a photo with a big black guy that one of my cousins is dating. Well I've printed a copy, put it in a frame and I'm going to put it on my desk at work and if anyone asks I'm going to say it's my mum and dad.

You have the best stories to tell.

I've been busting my ass the last couple of weeks. I've been calling managers about looking at my script, I'm going to call agents seeking representation, planning on working on the next two screenplays, and also check up on the status of my comic.

Also dealing with drama. 2016 is starting out very stress-free.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Amir
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Amir » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Kenny wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: There was a family gathering this weekend and my mum got a photo with a big black guy that one of my cousins is dating. Well I've printed a copy, put it in a frame and I'm going to put it on my desk at work and if anyone asks I'm going to say it's my mum and dad.

I've been busting my ass the last couple of weeks. I've been calling managers about looking at my script, I'm going to call agents seeking representation, planning on working on the next two screenplays, and also check up on the status of my comic.

Cool, when did you get started in screenwriting?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:01 pm

The sky is red today.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Kenny » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Amir wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Cool, when did you get started in screenwriting?

Close to 9 years ago.

It's not something I thought it'd associate myself doing primarily, but that's how it worked out and I like it so far.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: The sky is red today.

Sounds like a crazy ass sun set in japan im guessing?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:16 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
*Kenshin Himura* wrote: The sky is red today.

Sounds like a crazy ass sun set in japan im guessing?

Exactly or could be some kinda supernatural event.. like in the Anime's.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Raithos » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:24 am

Let's go with supernatural event.

Raithos has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler