Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:36 pm

good luck with that sonikku, hopefully the next step is doing everything you have always wanted!

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:05 pm

shredingskin wrote:Is that even news are treated as entertainment, it's everything 5 minutes of what Trump/politician said, some war somewhere, some celeb something, some opinion about bullshit that it's around. And everything lasts a couple of days, then it's the new hot topic.

It's like we are actually buried in "news" and everything of relevance gets lost.

So if politics, war, entertainment, and debates aren't relevant, then what is?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shredingskin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Some thingsthat are relevant and get buried under all the other irrelevant "news", it is pretty clear what I said.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr357 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:14 am

Sonikku wrote: Interview tomorrow for an office job in the city school district. It doesn't pay much, but the benefits, job security and health care are unlike anything I could ever get anywhere else. Being trans, they are probably the best employer I could ever hope for. I'm praying I nail it. :cry:

Good luck!
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:53 am

Either your English skills are weak or your point-making game is poor. I will however give you a free pass considering English isn't your native tongue and no one really cares enough about your opinion either way.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Monkei » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 am

shredingskin wrote: Some thingsthat are relevant and get buried under all the other irrelevant "news", it is pretty clear what I said.

It is pretty unclear. But I get what you mean. That's just the way news work though. Relevant is whatever people are interested in. News aren't a means of education. They are entertainment in a way, or "infotainment". If they don't report that bullshit then people won't tune in. It's profit oriented in most cases. You can't change that. The info about other stuff (that you'd call more relevant) can easily be found, people just have to look for it themselves, or you can try to raise awareness for certain topics if you like.

By the way, WTF @ USA. Donald Trump? This can't be real. A country can't be that retarded, it's just so fucking absurd. That and Kanye West. You guys should seriously consider nuking yourselves off this planet for the greater good.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:47 pm

I avoid all this by not watching regular TV news, it just annoys me and they all have some bias or another.

Monkei, Trump is a better option than that Cruz bible-psycho, I thought! I can't believe how republicans like those guys make big claims that'll set the American society back decades though, like God-fearing stuff like being anti-choice (abortion) and anti gay marriage, like they actually want to oppress and control certain people and give them different rights, and they're saying it like it's a good thing!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Raithos
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Monkei wrote: That's just the way news work though. Relevant is whatever people are interested in.

But the fast access of the internet means that every 5 seconds they have new "news", every day a new topic and pretty much tailored to your tastes since you can pick any outlet that fits your perspective (doesn't matter if it's full of crap).

And I don't think that everything is relevant, for example, you can see that with people like Trump, the guy puts a show, every day with a new bullshit to talk about, be by his reality tv approach, some stupid comment, or by his detractors, while in reality his discourse is just empty, that would be a fair point to understand what I was saying.

I don't care if it changes or not, I don't have that kind of power (or any kind of power). But it's just what I think.

Sometimes even knowing some history is more relevant than knowing what outrageous thing X said today. But for the market, yeah, it's a lot more entertaining the other way.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Raithos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Monkei wrote:
By the way, WTF @ USA. Donald Trump? This can't be real. A country can't be that retarded, it's just so fucking absurd. That and Kanye West. You guys should seriously consider nuking yourselves off this planet for the greater good.

He is better than Cruz by a mile. He might not be the ideal candidate, but it is what it is. Oh, and not sure where you are from, but chances are your country has its own share of problems. I don't recommend nuking yourself though.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Monkei wrote:By the way, WTF @ USA. Donald Trump? This can't be real. A country can't be that retarded, it's just so fucking absurd. That and Kanye West. You guys should seriously consider nuking yourselves off this planet for the greater good.

I know most don't like to get into it, including possibly myself, but as a Trump "convert" I'd like to make a few points.

First. I don't think it's reasonable to discount him for his personality/attitude. For as long as I've been alive, we've been throwing poodles in the ring with pit bulls, and most Americans don't even know it. In general, Western leaders these days are very weak, malleable, and inexperienced in the "real world." None of the other candidates (in my opinion) have the toughness that Trump has. He's 100% right when he talks about how cunning the leaders of countries like China and Mexico are. They've been abusing our laws for decades, and have subsequently stolen our companies, jobs, and money. No candidate but Trump has experience working with these people from a business standpoint, if at all, and none of them have the knowledge or the guts needed to put them in line.

We lose about 600 billion dollars a year just in trade with China and Mexico because we don't tax our imports, and they don't need to buy anything from us (not that we have any manufacturing anymore anyway). Every month it seems like, another company moves their work or even their entire operation to Mexico, China, Malaysia, etc. It's way cheaper to operate there, the regulations are much looser (if there's any at all), and they don't have to suffer the massive corporate tax rate that we have here. Even on top of that, they suffer virtually no penalties for making the move, and can always bribe our spineless politicians if need be.

Trump can't be bought, can't be persuaded, and knows the game better than anyone else. There is no other option if we are to get out of our economic crisis.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:44 pm

That's under the massive assumption he'll do anything at all once in office.

There is plenty of evidence of him lying to investors and going into bankruptcy multiple times. And there are other reasons why our economy is in the shitter, simply overturning NAFTA won't magically solve our issue. Plus cheaper labor and resources is the reason why alot of these jobs are outsourced, possibly even the reason why bills like NAFTA were lobbied and created in the first place.

Yeah, he seems to "tell it like it is" even though a quick check at sites like Politifact says otherwise. Plus are you willing to take a snakeoil salesman's advice on how to solve our international market issue at the expense of our Constitution? He's really no better than Hillary.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Nailed it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Cant wait till elections are over, I hate when this crap is all over the news and every where. Do you want to see grown people act like children? Watch the election coverage.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:48 am

Kenny wrote: That's under the massive assumption he'll do anything at all once in office.

There is plenty of evidence of him lying to investors and going into bankruptcy multiple times. And there are other reasons why our economy is in the shitter, simply overturning NAFTA won't magically solve our issue. Plus cheaper labor and resources is the reason why alot of these jobs are outsourced, possibly even the reason why bills like NAFTA were lobbied and created in the first place.

Yeah, he seems to "tell it like it is" even though a quick check at sites like Politifact says otherwise. Plus are you willing to take a snakeoil salesman's advice on how to solve our international market issue at the expense of our Constitution? He's really no better than Hillary.

He's never gone bankrupt, that's a load of shit made up by the MSM. What did happen, was four of his companies out of hundreds went bankrupt and failed.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 am

Sonikku wrote: Nailed it.

Hopefully good news in the interview !
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist