Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Ziming » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm reading this on-going Korean Manhwa "Dear Boy". If you like stories about revenge/payback then you should check this one out.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dear-Boy

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm

isn't kissmanga a pirate site?
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 pm

phpBB [video]

EDIT:

And this resulted in the funniest thing I came across when I played the actual video...

phpBB [video]

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 am

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who's not caught up in any of the Star Wars hype at all.
I haven't bought anything Star Wars related recently, I haven't been going back and watching the movies, I haven't been playing any of the old games. I'm supposed to be going to see the new movie on the 22nd, but only because someone's boss set up a private screening and I got invited. If not for that, I probably wouldn't even go to see it with my own money at all. I'd probably just catch it on HBO several months down the line.
Ah well.
Shrug.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:36 pm

OL wrote: I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who's not caught up in any of the Star Wars hype at all.
I haven't bought anything Star Wars related recently, I haven't been going back and watching the movies, I haven't been playing any of the old games. I'm supposed to be going to see the new movie on the 22nd, but only because someone's boss set up a private screening and I got invited. If not for that, I probably wouldn't even go to see it with my own money at all. I'd probably just catch it on HBO several months down the line.
Ah well.
Shrug.
Don't worry, i only first watched the movies for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and except for Revenge of the Sith, i didn't really feel like any of the films were all that great and i also not really into the hype either. But then again, this is the year Shenmue III got announced so everything pales in comparison.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 pm

GYO6161 wrote:Don't worry, i only first watched the movies for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and except for Revenge of the Sith, i didn't really feel like any of the films were all that great and i also not really into the hype either.

That's sad. How old are you? Not trying to knock you but obviously you're not anywhere over like 25 are you?
Seems like theirs this whole generation out there who's just not on the same wave length.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:08 am

We're now the old generation that mocks the new generation for not appreciating the cool stuff from "back in our day".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:39 am

We are now aren't we.. and I guess Shenmue is just one of those games that bridges some age groups into being on this forum. We have the OG Shenmue 1 group who played Dreamcast and then the bargain bin Shenmue 2 group who's first ever console was probably the Xbox or even 360.
Ya..we got old. ・_・
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:11 pm

People who missed out on Star Wars but grew up with movies that followed its lead are likely to have that reaction. Just as gamers who missed out on Shenmue and are now conditioned by the genre that it inspired.

What isn't always apparent to them is that while Star Wars/Shenmue taught their successors everything that their successors know, they didn't necessarily teach them everything that Star Wars/Shenmue know. Fans of the originals can easily identify where the source material has been often imitated but never duplicated, but new audiences don't care to look that closely.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:59 pm

I may be turning 31 this year, but everyone still seems to think im 20-25...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 am

*leaves for a few days since everyone is talking about nothing but star wars, but then visits the Dojo again and sees everyone is still talking about nothing but star wars*

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 am

Axm wrote:
GYO6161 wrote:Don't worry, i only first watched the movies for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and except for Revenge of the Sith, i didn't really feel like any of the films were all that great and i also not really into the hype either.

That's sad. How old are you? Not trying to knock you but obviously you're not anywhere over like 25 are you?
Seems like theirs this whole generation out there who's just not on the same wave length.

Well I'm actually 24 ...

and yeah i didn't grew with star wars but I'm not saying the other movies suck, it's just for me they were kinda boring compared to revenge of the sith... I'm not nostalgic for revenge of the sith either, i just saw these films back to back like a month ago.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I don't think age is really a factor. I'm only 20 and everyone I knew growing up loved Star Wars. I was lucky enough, even at an early age, to have friends who also knew that the prequels sucked.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Raithos » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:00 pm

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"