Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Cyberman » Wed May 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Cyberman wrote: Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my mom's death.

Sorry to hear Optimus Prime. Hopefully you have friends and family to help you through painful reminders. :sad:

Thanks, Bluecast

Cyberman has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 am

Happy Birthday Yama! :) Sorry I didn't visit you in Granada Hills when I was there. Slipped my mind. :sad:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Another attack, this time in London in various areas in the centre (London Bridge, Borough Market, Vauxhall area). A van was used to run over people on London Bridge being driven on the wrong side of the road driven along the pavement until they jumped out of the van and then proceeded to draw knives and stab people. There has also been reports of gunshots being heard (possibly only from the Police services rather than the attackers, still unknown at the moment).

Being treated as a terrorist attack.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:48 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Another attack, this time in London in various areas in the centre (London Bridge, Borough Market, Vauxhall area). A van was used to run over people on London Bridge being driven on the wrong side of the road driven along the pavement until they jumped out of the van and then proceeded to draw knives and stab people. There has also been reports of gunshots being heard (possibly only from the Police services rather than the attackers, still unknown at the moment).

It's ok, people will lay down some flowers and everyone will act like we're all united then everything bad in the world will go away.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:53 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Another attack, this time in London in various areas in the centre (London Bridge, Borough Market, Vauxhall area). A van was used to run over people on London Bridge being driven on the wrong side of the road driven along the pavement until they jumped out of the van and then proceeded to draw knives and stab people. There has also been reports of gunshots being heard (possibly only from the Police services rather than the attackers, still unknown at the moment).

Better whip out the super-powerful #PrayFor hashtags and spunk them all over social media to show everyone just how good of a person you are (as if they're anything more than narcissistic self-glorification with negative effort involved)! Honestly, these attacks don't even surprise me any more, nor does the capitulation by both the media and those who the media chooses to interview about each respective attack for fear of 'offending' anyone and then demonising those who dares to inject a little bit of sense into the proceedings.

Political correctness is utter cancer.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:18 am

ShenGCH wrote:(as if they're anything more than narcissistic self-glorification with negative effort involved)!

I wouldn't go that far. Yeah it's a trend and most of them probably aren't even religious let alone pray for what happened but the majority probably do feel some sort of sympathy towards the victims.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:19 am

Do people from time to time feel happiness, and how do they rate that ?

Or is it something kinda lingering ?

How does that work ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:10 am

BTW the most "real video" we got from england was a video of a raid in a bar with the guy filming saying "it wasn't the muslims".

This fucking shitty country, that even syrian refugees flew to their country, even here the media tries to push a fucking narrative.

I liked more the "not all" bullshit, at least was realer.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:47 am

south carmain wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:(as if they're anything more than narcissistic self-glorification with negative effort involved)!

I wouldn't go that far. Yeah it's a trend and most of them probably aren't even religious let alone pray for what happened but the majority probably do feel some sort of sympathy towards the victims.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm sure many of those who put out the hashtags and add filters to their Facebook profile pictures do feel genuine sympathy for the victims and their families, but there's something very unsettling about the fact these acts of so-called 'resilience' have turned into an assembly line of sorts:

1. Terrorist attack occurs
2. Hashtags and photo filters spread throughout social media in abundance
3. Hype dies down
4. Repeat step one

In reality, their sentiments mean, and ultimately amount to, absolutely nothing and border on the insulting. Instead of partaking in acts of real defiance and calls for change, they instead choose to spend three seconds tweeting a hashtag and pray their platitudes about tolerance and not letting the tragedy get them down, etc., fit within the character limit from the comfort of their phone. Do you think the families of the victims are going to look at those hashtags and picture filters and feel solace and relief? If these attacks were once in a blue moon then yes, perhaps they would feel some semblance of comfort from the display of sentiment and togetherness, but these attacks are now happening on an almost weekly basis and the aforementioned assembly line is becoming very old and tiresome indeed.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:54 am

They say you shouldn't give up your freedom for safety but it seems like in the UK you have neither these days.
ShenGCH wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm sure many of those who put out the hashtags and add filters to their Facebook profile pictures do feel genuine sympathy for the victims and their families, but there's something very unsettling about the fact these acts of so-called 'resilience' have turned into an assembly line of sorts:

1. Terrorist attack occurs
2. Hashtags and photo filters spread throughout social media in abundance
3. Hype dies down
4. Repeat step one

In reality, their sentiments mean, and ultimately amount to, absolutely nothing and border on the insulting. Instead of partaking in acts of real defiance and calls for change, they instead choose to spend three seconds tweeting a hashtag and pray their platitudes about tolerance and not letting the tragedy get them down, etc., fit within the character limit from the comfort of their phone. Do you think the families of the victims are going to look at those hashtags and picture filters and feel solace and relief? If these attacks were once in a blue moon then yes, perhaps they would feel some semblance of comfort from the display of sentiment and togetherness, but these attacks are now happening on an almost weekly basis and the aforementioned assembly line is becoming very old and tiresome indeed.

I can agree that something needs to change because whatever pattern we're following now surely isn't working.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 am

It's a 102 degrees in my APT. A month later than Management has yet to fix the AC. One person in my building collapsed and went to the hospital. This is a building full of elderly & disabled people...this is not right. I been feeling sick myself. It broke last year and they sat on it for a year. Why I am still awake online.Been watching Youtube and stuff. I just want to sleep.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:35 am

south carmain wrote: They say you shouldn't give up your freedom for safety but it seems like in the UK you have neither these days.

I can agree that something needs to change because whatever pattern we're following now surely isn't working.

Exactly, dude. If you criticise them, you're dubbed a racist (even though Islam is a religion, not a race); if you stay quiet, you're just contributing to the problem by metaphorically rolling over waiting for your belly to be scratched. There's no winning unless tangible action is taken against these maniacs, but how many more attacks on innocent people is it going to take before someone finally gives the order?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:54 pm

What are you going to do ? Start sending to prision every muslim ? That's not how anything works.

It enrages me when after an attack police/intelligence go "we've known about them for a long time", but I guess it's mostly bluff to pretend they actually have any sort of control.

Regular people can't do shit more than say some bullshit online or whatever.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Well the UK is already pretty much a police state that doesn't have freedom of thought. There's a guy on trial for teaching his pug a nazi salute so it wouldn't be too extreme to shut down extremist mosques and putting under house arrest or sending to prison all of those thousands (yes there are literally thousands) of people under suspicion of terrorism and deporting those who aren't British or have dual nationality of which the majority of them probably have. We have already thousands of people that we know are radicalised, are we going to wait until they're enough to actually create an insurgency? We weren't so nice on the IRA when they were blowing things up, why does wahhabism get a free pass? Honestly this is the second terror attack in a year that has happened near family members (literally within walking distance or on the commute road they take) and the 3rd all together and I'm getting tired of wondering if a familiar face will appear in the pictures of the victims, and even when they don't that in no way excuses the limp wristed response the victims get to the attack every time.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Isn't part of the problem that extremists WANT there to be more division, so the more that all Muslims are shunned and feared in Western societies (as well as pretty much everywhere else I guess?) as well bombed in the Middle East by various forces from across the world, the more hate is bred and the more of them side with ISIS/other extremists? I don't know who said it first, it may even have been in this topic or another here, but I also see it brought up sometimes when stuff like this happens...

I also think the IRA were easier to hit back at, since they seemed to be an extremely organised lot with mostly known players and pawns. Islamic extremists seem to be a whole other level of crazy, if religion is the ideology that makes them brave enough to kill themselves, then at that level of brainwashing nothing can really win, and with the large numbers of Muslims across the UK there's no way we can win unless we actually do become a police state, which is a pretty scary thought. It will make everyone else, as well as Islamic religious extremists hate them even more than they do now, so wouldn't really "win" much either. I think the way forward is like how it used to be in the IRA's peak activities, or like Syria is just now, or how Israel or Lebanon used to be. That these things start to happen but we become hardened to it and just shrug and get on with it...

Also saw this interesting chart on a forum or comment thread somewhere...

St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic