Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 am

Since I got pretty shitfaced on new years I've lowered my alcohol intake quite a bit.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Ziming wrote: Image

People have been dicks to each other since time began, the internet just makes it SO much easier (since they won't get a punch in the mouth) and the fact they have a bigger audience just eggs the attention seeking ones on that bit further!

St. Elmo's Fire has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Mr357, Raithos
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:58 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Nightmare fuel.

But practic as fuck.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Riku Rose has received 5 thanks from: Amir, Kenny, Mr357, OL, Yokosuka
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:37 am

Wow, just noticed I've been a member of the forums for ten years and two days (I signed up shortly after turning fourteen years old).

My first few posts make me cringe #-o

ShenGCH wrote:Hey, i'm new 2 these forums so I thought that i'd better get started ASAP, which I did.

By now everybody has seen the picture of the four Chi You Men leaders, most of which are blanked out but you can make three of them out easily:

I can't seem to add the picture of the leaders so could somebody post in their post ? It would help.

The one in the middle is obviously Lan Di, the one next to him who is blacked out is Ziming Hong, the one who has her legs showing is Niao Sun, but the one on the left of Lan Di is unknown, so lets give suggestions and get the ball rolling.

ShenGCH wrote:Why doesn't Miles Prower's Shenmue II profile site work anymore?

I really want 2 go onto it again!

ShenGCH wrote:I noticed this a while back on the Shenmue Passport disc but never mentioned it to anyone, but when you go to the 'Information' section and go to Shenhua, select her and wait until she starts to talk and then zoom in on her by pressing R and move to either her left or right eye and you should see a reflection of something.

Now comes the interesting part. I remember that someone on this forum posted a post about her eye reflection and didn't know what it was. Most people probably thought that it was the Pheonix mirror or the Dragon mirror or any other related object to Shenmue. But, I found out by close observation that it is just a rock that is in front of her, I found this out by looking at the image in her eye and then looking in front of her and looking at the eye vision line of Shenhua to anything in front of her, and I found that it was a rock that is sticking out.

Sorry if this got anybody's hopes up, but you need to know the true answer.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:47 am

My friend with benefits started seeing a guy. :sad:
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:50 am

First Bowie passes away, and now Alan Rickman. Fuck!!! This is not a good month.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Monkei » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 am

^ And Riku Rose might be about to lose his benefits. Shit is fucked up.

Monkei has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Raithos, Sonikku
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:33 pm

phpBB [video]

Not an Adele fan, but I really enjoyed this.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 am

I wasn't much of an Adele fan either, but I dunno, maybe I am now after watching that.
She seems delightful.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 am

Before a man, a family and a job meant a middle class family.

Today families have to work mother, father and even kids to reach an acual "middle class".

What is getting so expensive ?? We live pretty better today, is it entertainment, fuel, tech, what the fuck is that makes it this expensive ??

Today, if you don't have a computer, internet access and a cellphone, you are functionally poor.

I think the global inflation is getting weirder.

I guess that the average is pretty much better, and we just "want to have more" (and I don't mean it in only a consummerist way).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:17 am

No one want to pauyu debt...

jejjeje
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:06 am

^bankers and capitalism in general is pretty ruthless now, everyone wants to think of ways to encourage you to spend every last penny you have these days. And yes, some countries have huge national debts now too, so we pay more in various obvious and less-obvious taxes now too, to go to the treasury.

Though that said, the e-cig I now use is a lot cheaper than smoking (which is heavily taxed here) was...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:44 am

shredingskin wrote: Before a man, a family and a job meant a middle class family.

Today families have to work mother, father and even kids to reach an acual "middle class".

What is getting so expensive ?? We live pretty better today, is it entertainment, fuel, tech, what the fuck is that makes it this expensive ??

Today, if you don't have a computer, internet access and a cellphone, you are functionally poor.

I think the global inflation is getting weirder.

I guess that the average is pretty much better, and we just "want to have more" (and I don't mean it in only a consummerist way).

The cost of college tuition is like 700% of what it was three decades ago in a time frame when wages for everyone but the elite either stayed the same or went down. Housing/rent/utilities also continue to grow when most wages stay the same = net loss. This is why I dispute the claim from the GoP that minimum wage can stay the same forever "because they don't deserve more money for the same work". In actuality a dollar doesn't buy today what a dollar bought five years ago. And if the minimum is 7.25 today as surely as it was half a decade ago then you've actually gotten a back door pay cut. Gone are the days when you could buy a semester of college from some minimum wage part time summer job. People in greater debt today are in debt more so for depressed wages and higher costs than they are for simply being more "spendy".
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic