Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Rakim » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Does anyone know what cartoon/comic/whatever this rabbit on her shirt is from?

I super feel like I've seen it somewhere(other than it being a ripoff of the playboy logo) but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ys » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Random thought : realizing that I hadn't posted the last few weeks.

FlagshipFighter wrote:
OL wrote:But man oh man, I am nowhere near as cool and composed as I usually like to think I am. Throughout life, you always imagine how you'd act in certain situations. And in this particular one, I never imagined I'd be such a goof about it. I got out to my car and, despite being happy, was literally shaking like a skittish dog listening to bacon fry. Maybe keeping cool just comes from experience (and I have exactly zero experience meeting artists that I admire), but it's a bit of a jolt all the same when you realize that you're not exactly the Fonzie you've always fancied yourself to be.

That's really cool! I the same with bands too, and i felt a similar sensation when seeing a-ha. Thanks for sharing :-)

Wow, that sounded like a major experience. I myself was not nervous for some reason when I met a few of the biggest names in the metal scene (heavy, black/death, progressive). Hmm, I wonder. Since I play music myself (and did sound production), it's maybe easier to see them as people? I've also rehearsed with a few more known people within a genre, got interviewed etc. So I guess it could depend on experience as you said?
Last edited by ys on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ys has received a thanks from: OL
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:39 am

Ziming has received a thanks from: Mr357
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ys » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 am

Sure, ripping out hearts is one extreme end of the spectrum. But those safe spaces definitely are another in their own way.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:27 am

Personally I'm glad we've evolved enough that we're no longer worrying about that sort of thing in this day and age...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Been a such a long time since I last made a post. Been living in Brazil for the past half a year. Things are going nuts here... the most well known ex-president being investigated for corruption and still being made a minister to avoid such investigation, an ongoing process to see if a presidential impeachment will be followed after so much scandals, and some crazy mosquito virus who can cause brain defect on newborns is running amok, to name a few things. Life is definitely not boring over here.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

ys wrote:Wow, that sounded like a major experience. I myself was not nervous for some reason when I met a few of the biggest names in the metal scene (heavy, black/death, progressive). Hmm, I wonder. Since I play music myself (and did sound production), it's maybe easier to see them as people? I've also rehearsed with a few more known people within a genre, got interviewed etc. So I guess it could depend on experience as you said?

Yeah, it's all just down to the individual I guess. Like I said, I have literally no other experience at all meeting people that I truly admire for their art. I'm sure if I'd met a few others by now (or if it were some kind of regular thing while growing up) my reaction would have been different, and not so starstruck.
I do want to say though, it certainly wasn't that I don't view her as a normal person; if anything, she's probably the single most normal, relatable, and humble musician that I listen to.
My own nervousness probably had more to do with the idea that, since I hold her in such high regard, and since she's one of those rare people who's actually created things that speak to me on a personal level, I had some kind of innate desire to leave a good impression. In itself, that probably put a weird kind of pressure on me (that in all likelihood, I absolutely failed to meet :lol: ).
Eh, I just think too much.

OL has received a thanks from: ys
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 am

Space X rocket successfully re-enters Earth's atmosphere and lands itself on a barge, in the sea;

phpBB [video]

:shock: If this is real and not sped up footage, then IMO it's damned impressive!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/8/113921 ... rge-at-sea

Paypal, Tesla, SolarCity, SpaceX....Elon Musk is quite an impressive person..!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: ys
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:47 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Mr357
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Gosh. Why did he have to go there?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:04 pm

OL wrote:My own nervousness probably had more to do with the idea that, since I hold her in such high regard, and since she's one of those rare people who's actually created things that speak to me on a personal level, I had some kind of innate desire to leave a good impression. In itself, that probably put a weird kind of pressure on me (that in all likelihood, I absolutely failed to meet :lol: ).
Eh, I just think too much.

Oh, I see. I get what you mean. It would likely be different if you had hours or more opportunities to meet the artist. But instead, you need to leave a good impression in a short time which is more difficult of course.

About Sanders... :-s
Now, maybe it's just me but damn. Why is it always the West that needs to be apologize for everything possible? Others also did their share of bad things but you don't hear many ask the muslim world to apologize for slavery. Even though they kidnapped millions of people from Africa and Europe. Even in the 1900's there were still European slaves in Turkey and it's still going on in many countries today. Also, wasn't it the West that actually started to abolish slavery based on humanism?
Last edited by ys on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ys has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:47 pm

ys wrote:Random thought : realizing that I hadn't posted the last few weeks.

FlagshipFighter wrote:
OL wrote:But man oh man, I am nowhere near as cool and composed as I usually like to think I am. Throughout life, you always imagine how you'd act in certain situations. And in this particular one, I never imagined I'd be such a goof about it. I got out to my car and, despite being happy, was literally shaking like a skittish dog listening to bacon fry. Maybe keeping cool just comes from experience (and I have exactly zero experience meeting artists that I admire), but it's a bit of a jolt all the same when you realize that you're not exactly the Fonzie you've always fancied yourself to be.

That's really cool! I the same with bands too, and i felt a similar sensation when seeing a-ha. Thanks for sharing :-)

Wow, that sounded like a major experience. I myself was not nervous for some reason when I met a few of the biggest names in the metal scene (heavy, black/death, progressive). Hmm, I wonder. Since I play music myself (and did sound production), it's maybe easier to see them as people? I've also rehearsed with a few more known people within a genre, got interviewed etc. So I guess it could depend on experience as you said?

Yeah, i pretty much had the same reaction as OL xD but it's nice to be able to talk about the songs that resonate the most to you, i love a-ha and Take on Me is a cool song and all (and what a good 50% of people want to see) but i much prefer basically every other song they've done xD but yeah i wish i could see more of the other artists i love like The Verve or Poets of the Fall, i should go to concerts more often! If only the former band (singer) gets his act together lol
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Ziming » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:34 am

One of the potential logos for the comic.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:20 am

Wow that Alison Rapp stuff made the shit hit the fan.

I feel really bad for the guy.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic