Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Rakim » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 pm

mue 26 wrote:
So my Grime binge that Rakim started me on lead me to to this vid. Turns out Skepta is a classic Japanophile.

Right, Skepta is taking this shit too far now. Check out what he's wearing on his head in this video :lol: Also I think that Gunna Dee guy may be the worst rapper I've ever had the displeasure of hearing, the kind of guy that makes me want to ban British people from ever doing it.

phpBB [video]

That was a pretty boring Drake impersonation. But I don't see anything wrong with the headgear. I would rock that.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 pm

That song and video was painful to watch/listen to. I dont think people in the UK *cough* mittz *cough* quite understand hip hop and rap. I like chip though hes the best i've heard from over there. But I think people around the world, and even suburbia america, dont quite understand it, dont quite realize where it comes from. Thats one genre that truly is an american genre, and the rest of world of course is going to create their versions, thats music, thats how music works, thats how new ideas, themes, concepts, and messages are created and implemented into music, its ultimately a good thing for music collectively as well. But when you look at certain projects or tracks from individual artists in the hip hop and rap genre from else where around the world, it lacks something, to me atleast, that makes that genre what it is. But again it comes down to interpretation, and ultimately skill and delivery, song writing. We just do it differently in america because we created it, and have been exposed to it more frequently and for a longer period of time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I dont think people in the UK *cough* mittz *cough* quite understand hip hop and rap.

LOL

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:29 pm

It's not really my genre, but the best rap I've ever heard was non-American in origin.

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm

dont think people in the UK *cough* mittz *cough* quite understand hip hop and rap.

There are actually plenty of real hip hop heads and purist rappers over here, but they definitely aren't the dudes that get any international exposure

I like chip though hes the best i've heard from over there.

:???: :shock: Chipmunk gets no respect over here. Here is pretty much considered the Justin Bieber of the UK scene. He started out as one of the young bucks who made some noise in the grime scene at the tail end of it's dominance of the underground over here, but he pretty much sold out immediately and started making really bad pop music.

But when you look at certain projects or tracks from individual artists in the hip hop and rap genre from else where around the world, it lacks something,

I don't entirely disagree with this. But as OL mentions, there is great stuff from everywhere. Let me bless you with these UK jewels:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

And more:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

You can thank me later young grasshopper :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Chipmunk had a couple of good tracks, tbh. He's by no means one of our best exports, but he's alright for a good line or two.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Fucking hell..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:54 pm

who is that one dude from south africa that did the I need your protection track? hes not bad either. i think maybe its just the accents, they seem out of place to me, i guess you could say illegitimate. I think it goes without saying the best of that genre comes from the US, no doubt about it. And all im saying is there is alot of slang and lingo put in our music here, and there is the common words and meanings that I think most people know what it is, but there is alot of stuff most people dont, you have to be really street wise and pay attention when you are talkin to ppl on the street or at a block party or where ever really, its one of those things I make a point to know and understand but you pick it up easily as more time goes on, thats what I was really talkin about. I was pokin fun at mittz just cause ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:03 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I was pokin fun at mittz just cause ;-)

I know, don't worry, I still remember the debates we used to have.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:16 pm

No, you point of Mittenz not having a clue was totally legitimate Animegamer. He likes Chimpmunk. ;)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Everyone knows Bangs is the only real foreign MC. He even puts America's best to shame.

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Mods you have my full blessings to BAN Rakim for that.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 pm

I'd rather they ban that brickhead Animegamer for claiming to be "street wise".

Rakim has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Rakim wrote:Everyone knows Bangs is the only real foreign MC. He even puts America's best to shame.

phpBB [video]

This song is dedicated to all the lettuce out there.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 pm

I wonder if Corey Marshall ever gets tired of getting those Shenmue references from fans. Like dumb fans asking actors to say their favorite line. "Haw haw. Lookin for sailors? hyuck hyuck im original"

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic