Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 am

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:24 pm

programming is so fun, when it isn't going horribly wrong. It really makes you appreciate every little game out there. So much work goes into the simplest of games.

Jokatech19 has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, ShenmueTree, wude
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 am

phpBB [video]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Jokatech19 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Finally up for air. I just finished my projects! Yes! And to top it off, I'm in the Fantasy Football championship game.

Jokatech19 has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, St. Elmo's Fire
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm

America, the land of Justice:
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... mentpage=1

I was being sarcastic, just to make that clear. :no:
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby QWERTY » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 pm

mue 26 wrote:I was being sarcastic, just to make that clear. :no:

Why? Zimmerman was clearly acting in self-defence.

Wikipedia wrote:Critics of Martin had pointed out his tattoos, an empty marijuana bag, a photo of Martin with gold grills (a kind of dental jewelry popular in hip-hop culture), and texts from his cell phone to claim he had a violent nature and that there was an effort to keep this information from the public.

Wikipedia wrote:Some of the cell phone texts the defense wanted to use showed Martin had texted about his fights, marijuana use, and guns, and that he had described himself as "gangsta".

If you live by "da game" then expect to die by "da game". #YOLO
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Martin was armed (with skittles) and was extremely dangerous. Thankfully Zimmeran happened to have a gun to ward off such a rainbow colored threat of sugary death.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah for all we know, Zimmerman used his inhuman super-sense abilities to detect the fact Martin was going to die an early death due to type II diabetes and spared the poor boy's future struggle with poor health and insurmountable health bills.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:34 am

phpBB [video]
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Anyone having any doubts that the war on drugs is bullshit should watch the wire.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Anyone having any doubts that the war on drugs is bullshit should watch the wire.

Major Colvin knew the score! :D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:42 pm

QWERTY wrote:
mue 26 wrote:I was being sarcastic, just to make that clear. :no:

Why? Zimmerman was clearly acting in self-defence.

Wikipedia wrote:Critics of Martin had pointed out his tattoos, an empty marijuana bag, a photo of Martin with gold grills (a kind of dental jewelry popular in hip-hop culture), and texts from his cell phone to claim he had a violent nature and that there was an effort to keep this information from the public.

Wikipedia wrote:Some of the cell phone texts the defense wanted to use showed Martin had texted about his fights, marijuana use, and guns, and that he had described himself as "gangsta".

If you live by "da game" then expect to die by "da game". #YOLO

LOL, the prosecution aptly called it a common-sense case. That's why it never stood a chance in any court on earth.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:43 pm

That man has since went back to jail for threatening to kill his girlfriend and hitting her with the butt of his gun.
Clearly he's still not a danger to soceity..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:39 am

It really creeps me out when I look in the top right corner of the dojo to see im not logged in, then I click the login button and it bypasses the login screen and takes me directly the forum index under this account. So I went from being not logged in at all to being logged in without putting in my name or password... weird.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:49 am

The 2013 Blacklist got leaked so I went ahead and downloaded it and started reading "The Shark is Not Working", a Spielberg biopic about the making of JAWS.

You know, I like it but I don't think it'll make a great movie. I only like it cause I'm a huge Spielberg fan and I enjoy this fictionalized account on how he ended up making one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. It's hugely informative and has lots of detail on the humble beginnings to desperate struggles to finally the great success.

But at the same time, it's too detailed on the industry. People not too privy on the inner-workings will find this thing boring. They talk ALOT about box office grosses, artistic integrity in filmmaking, and just films in general. You have to be a hardcore cinephile to enjoy hearing these discussions (or in my case, reading them).

Plus it's WAY TOO on the nose with Speilberg's inevitable success with JAWS which I find incredibly annoying. Things like him refusing to go to the ocean with his buddies cause "he doesn't like the water" and his discussion with Lucas saying "it can do to the ocean what Psycho did to showers". UGH, yeah you can say that NOW because IT ENDED UP HAPPENING but in 1974, they sure as shit didn't know that. No one did. I doubt these discussions or instances took place, it's too wink-wink nod-nod "HEY FOLKS, FORESHADOWING...FOOOOORESHADOWING!!"

There are WAY better ways to make this shit more subtle, hell I'd prefer them to talk or do other things that are NOT film related. Make it more about the kid who had a vision but was too concerned about bombing that he initially reconsiders going with his gut. They make mention of that once but I think it should be the reoccurring theme, shoot for your dreams and no one else's because you only have one shot to prove yourself. People can relate to that and I bet it'll make a much more interesting movie.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic