Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Ziming » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:37 am

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: OL, Raithos, Sonikku
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby lavrentis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 am

Axm wrote: If you're playing it while a girl is around then you're ok. If alone, half naked and eating a slice of strawberry cake theirs a problem.

Rakim wrote:
lavrentis wrote: Been enjoying John Mayer's music recently - is it gay to like his music?

No it just means you're boring.

I think im gonna keep my John Mayer love in quiet next time
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby beedle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Ryuuji95 wrote:
Kenny wrote: http://i.imgur.com/mg8qfcQ.jpg

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

i know right? its going to be an amazing future for movies.

amazing future might not be the word I would use...

Jeff wrote:I'm literally addicted to Top Gear UK and watch it about every day, it's my favorite show.

Of course it is.

Dr who is actually a children's show. I'm not joking there it literally is for children.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 am

Helped my mother make 240 sandwiches for an AAUW event today and I can't even take part because of work. :sad: Such a drag.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:38 am

Did I mention thats one sexy avatar Sonikku?

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:45 am

I think it's a bit too narrow now in hindsight, but I loved the real ghostbusters when I was a kid and it's almost Halloween. :P You should check out more of the guys artwork here. He's phenomenal. http://tunasammiches.deviantart.com/art ... -414478969
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Rakim » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Just got a new guitar off eBay. Prepare your earpussies for the sweet love I am about to make to them.

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Sonikku wrote: I think it's a bit too narrow now in hindsight, but I loved the real ghostbusters when I was a kid and it's almost Halloween. :P You should check out more of the guys artwork here. He's phenomenal. http://tunasammiches.deviantart.com/art ... -414478969

Yeah, I was thinking about going back and giving the show a watch again. But im basically dedicating my watch time to the original TMNT cartoon, which is in the same ball bark of nostalgia for me, I just started Season 4 and im some 70 episodes deep in the show. I may give The Real Ghostbosuters a whirl after though, as its one of my early child hood faves along side tmnt.

Also, that guy does some amazing work, some of that art has to be worthy of a comic covers, im assuming thats what he does professionally, he seems that good.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Jeff wrote:
Peter wrote: Struggling with life today after watching David Tennants last Doctor Who episode. :cry:

Dunno if I wanna watch Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi now.

I'm literally addicted to Top Gear UK and watch it about every day, it's my favorite show. We have BBC America where it's aired. I often fall asleep to it and wake up in the morning where they play Dr. Who. I am so confused as to the point of the show, the plot, etc. The special effects and acting are appalling, I don't understand the appeal at all.

I watch Top Gear every night too, its also my favorite show. Its all on Netflix too btw. I cant wait for season 22!

Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Ziming wrote: Image

Are you a #gamergater, Ziming? That was a pretty embarrassingly pathetic put down of Anita Sarkeesian you just posted. She is a women who surely doesn't deserve any more unwarranted hate on the internet, and I am genuinely, genuinely disappointed that one of our moderators here has decided to add his voice to that chorus of moronic spite.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Its not that serious cuz. Let's see a smile.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

I don't even know what the hell entails a "#gamergater" myself; the only gaming stuff I ever look up on my own is footage and info on games, so the only exposure I get to "gaming politics" shit is whatever I see on this particular forum.
But from the single video I've seen of her's, and what little I know about her otherwise, I'd say she deserves a pretty fair amount of whatever shit gets flung her way. No doubt some people take it too far (that's the internet for you) but that doesn't mean that no one level-headed is allowed criticize her either.
And what does someone being a moderator have to do with anything? They're free to have opinions just like anyone else.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 pm

I have no idea what it is either. But I'm sure it's well important. Like Ebola and the economy.

Peter has received a thanks from: OL
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

But from the single video I've seen of her's, and what little I know about her otherwise, I'd say she deserves a pretty fair amount of whatever shit gets flung her way. No doubt some people take it too far (that's the internet for you) but that doesn't mean that no one level-headed is allowed criticize her either.

Of course level headed criticism is allowed, and I'd be interested to hear why you took such issues with the video you saw. But what Ziming posted was the kind of childish dross I'd imagine was made by some man-child on 4chan or whatever that place is.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:58 pm

phpBB [video]

I watched this in its entirety earlier just to see her point of view. Some things I agree with (mainly just the violence towards strippers and hookers in some games, but even then, eh I can just choose to not play them, or not do that part of the game), most of it is her using big words and disecting and molding everything she sees into what she wants everyone to believe (which is funny because she also acuses game developers of the same exact thing with objectifying women sexually). The funniest bit was her trying to explain that if you dont agree with her, you are in denial and at the most risk for having mental problems and other health issues from viewing the content (she also doesnt cite where that information comes from). I think the biggest thing here is something very simple, whats happening in the games isnt real, and yes there might be some subliminal after effects, but the people that dont already have the potential to do crimes or other acts similar to what is in those games, probably arent gonna change them much either way. She also just concentrates on the negative, maybe she didnt consider that some people view these things and think OH I SHOULDNT DO THESE THINGS IN REAL LIFE or IM REPULSED AND WILL NEVER PLAY THIS AGAIN, rather than IM DOIN IT IN VIDJYAS SO Y NOT IRL TOO? LOLZ or OMG I CANT DO DIS IRL SO IMMA PLAY VIDJYAS AND COMMIT CRIMES ALL DAY IN MY XBOOKS COMPROMISING MY MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH. Verdict: Shes full of shit.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic