Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:36 am

At least the pound going down will help trade against turkey when they enter the EU.

Fun times ahead.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby SMDzero » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:55 am

So Britain is leaving the EU..... does this mean it's too late to import Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast????
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 am

SMDzero wrote: So Britain is leaving the EU..... does this mean it's too late to import Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast????

yeah exports have been completely banned by dictator cameron now that he is no longer under the control of the EU he's been pretty much making up ridiculous laws and bans left and right.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:02 am

Yen to Dollar dropped significantly to it now being near 1 to 1 and after just coming back from a long vacation back home. Fuck me right? If I had known I would have left on vacation right now instead. >_<

Axm has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:40 am

Japan's economy and currency seems to have been in decline for a long time now. I hope it turns around someday.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:07 am

^A week currency for Japan is a good thing as their economy relies heavily on exports.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Ya it's a catch 22. They absolutely depend heavily on exports and keeping things cheap vs. an ever growing/expanding market with China and Korea. At the same time, buying power is always buying power, so the domestic market depends on that too just like any nation would. I certainly feel the difference when I shop for certain things here.
But the Japanese PM Shinzo Abe is leaving soon and he always pushed for weaker Yen to Dollar, calling it "Abe-nomics" (more like China-nomics) so that economic strategy should end soon and I expect the Yen to Dollar hopefully remain closer to each other or even the Yen get stronger again. If so, ill be able to take alot more trips without suffering so much.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Axm wrote:At the same time, buying power is always buying power, so the domestic market depends on that too just like any nation would. I certainly feel the difference when I shop for certain things here.

Compared to where though? because due to Japan being a mountainous island nation with limited space even with a strong yen a lot of products will remain expensive compared to the US although a little cheaper.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Fucking hell the president of Madagascar has a complicated name
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hery_Rajaonarimampianina

He also looks one of those memes where they shrink people's faces
ImageImage
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr357 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:36 pm

south carmain wrote: ^A week currency for Japan is a good thing as their economy relies heavily on exports.

Exactly. China and Japan have been deliberately devaluing their currencies for decades, and have effectively killed American manufacturing because their products are so much cheaper in USD. Our "free trade" policies have screwed us now since we import so much and produce so little. I was told recently that about 70% of all jobs in the U.S. are in the service industry.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Axm
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:05 pm

3rd consecutive final lost fuck me
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:33 am

And now messi is out of the team.

FUckity fuck fuck fuck
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Calshot wrote: ^
phpBB [video]

I remember being caught off guard a few years ago by her Phantom of the Opera performance. It was to celebrate the musical's 25th anniversary - the four phantoms on stage with her had all played the title role over the years. Stick around for the end:

phpBB [video]

Back on the subject of American chocolate, I don't know if there's any truth to this but I once heard that it tastes funny to Europeans because the recipe is based on sour milk. Apparently it took so long for milk to be transported to the factories around the country that it was always off by the time the chocolate was made, and once they were able to solve that problem American consumers were used to the taste and didn't want it changed.

I do find it hard to imagine there were no farms within reasonable distance of the factories in the early days, as you wouldn't expect the people working in those factories to be drinking sour milk at home. But perhaps the factories required milk in such quantities that it had to be pulled in from further afield. I don't know.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Axm wrote: Yen to Dollar dropped significantly to it now being near 1 to 1 and after just coming back from a long vacation back home. Fuck me right? If I had known I would have left on vacation right now instead. >_<
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Axm » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:09 pm

south carmain wrote:
Axm wrote:At the same time, buying power is always buying power, so the domestic market depends on that too just like any nation would. I certainly feel the difference when I shop for certain things here.

Compared to where though? because due to Japan being a mountainous island nation with limited space even with a strong yen a lot of products will remain expensive compared to the US although a little cheaper.

It's a factor but not as big as you think. It's not like Japan is Hawaii or something, Japan still has a large amount of domestic production despite it constantly decreasing due to outsourcing. Even Sony still manufactures alot of products here. Certain camera lenses and actually all the camera sensors are made in a city just south of me here. Either way, I know what you mean. Japan isn't like China where they have unlimited land and people.

Axm has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic