Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Raithos » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:03 pm

She can ride my motorcycle :D
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Vegas Pro is ruining my life at the moment. Unbelievable bit of kit once you also get certain plug ins for it (for free, considering the total cost of the plug ins I wanted were over $10,000). So many options, effects, tampering equipment.

I remember saying years ago i wish i could go back and really work on a career of video editing. It's always been something I can sit for hours on end doing, and not feel bored or uninterested even once.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:37 am

So apparently some madman did gta in nice yesterday running over hundreds of people and killing at least 80.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:50 am

Crazy shit. Actual GTA style ploughing down a promenade ramming everyone in sight.

It's getting to the stage where people should just stay at home. Forever. Do the shop on Tesco Online.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:31 am

If you're not haunted by the thought of being in a car accident you should not be afraid of being killed by a terrorist because you're basically more likely to win the lottery. I would not change how I lived at all and I certainly would not stay couped up inside all the time for safety purposes. Terrorists don't win just by killing people, they win by causing people to change how they live out of fear.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:30 am

French security is pretty bad though. we have had more people killed in the past 2 years here in terrorist attacks than in certain middle east states considered unstable.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am

Glad Cédric is ok
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 am

I'm kinda amazed some nutter hasn't thought of that before. Stealing a truck is probably a million times easier than obtaining an illegal firearm or making a bomb (though he apparently did have a gun, too), and they make someone almost unstoppable if their mind is set on something insane like this. 84 deaths is a LOT more than nutters usually manage when they go on a rampage with a gun or a bomb too.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I'm kinda amazed some nutter hasn't thought of that before. Stealing a truck is probably a million times easier than obtaining an illegal firearm or making a bomb (though he apparently did have a gun, too), and they make someone almost unstoppable if their mind is set on something insane like this. 84 deaths is a LOT more than nutters usually manage when they go on a rampage with a gun or a bomb too.

funnily enough this is the 3rd time it has happened in the past 2 years in France.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Really!? By trucks? Were they not as bad, 'cos I can't really remember those, plus trying to use Google is useless since it just brings up this most recent incident...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:28 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Really!? By trucks? Were they not as bad, 'cos I can't really remember those, plus trying to use Google is useless since it just brings up this most recent incident...

Not by trucks but it's the third vehicle ramming kind of terrorist attack we've had. Although the first 2 were before the charlie hebdo attacks so the government tried to say they were simply done by individuals who were mentally unstable (despite them yelling allahu akbar while running people over). It kinda took the French state a while to admit that it had an Islamist problem...

And yeah they weren't really that disastrous either, there was one death between them.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Nobody has taken responsibility for this one yet, so it makes me think he was a lone nutter too. Usually they're quite proud of what they've done and admit it immediately...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Nobody has taken responsibility for this one yet, so it makes me think he was a lone nutter too. Usually they're quite proud of what they've done and admit it immediately...

You can put the responsibility on ISIS by default I guess since they're the ones who made the call for lone wolf attacks across the western world since they're a lot harder to stop than organised terrorist attacks.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Excuse the obvious stereotype, but was the blokes name not Mohammed?

Peter has received a thanks from: Mr357
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Peter wrote: Excuse the obvious stereotype, but was the blokes name not Mohammed?

No, you racist pig, it was Muhammad.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic